Forum

Monday: Auburn Game Week -- Muschamp Again . . . .

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70656 by Buc
The only teams that I dislike more than Auburn are Florida and Tech.

If what I watched Saturday, game between Auburn and Texas A&M is the real Auburn football team, seem much better than they were just a few weeks back.

When I get into Auburn game week, one of my first thoughts are toward one of our respected board members, GooseDawg78. He is the one with the "level head", he however privately harbors a lot of "dislike" for the Abuurn football team . . . . (I think).

The bad guys have gone back to a stout running quarterback that did not do well in a more conventional offense. Say this . . . . don't have a lot of good feelings about Gus Malzahn, believe him to be "another head coach" that believes he is above his assistants and does not hesitate to fire and rehire.

Can't get a good grip on our football team after the Kentucky game. Watched a defense not give up a touchdown for four quarters. I also know that Kentucky was seriously banged up. They are a team that cannot survive losing one of their better players. Still believe that Stoops will bring that program back to life. Probably won't take him 15 years . . . . :whistle:

Auburn fans, Malzhan and Muschamp will go to any extreme to win against us. Going to see a lot of the Cam Newton type football at 12 noon this Saturday.

Think it has been said that Lambert is now our quarterback. Bet this, he is going to see pressure close to what he played against in the Alabama game. Muschamp will probably cause Richt/Schottenheimer problems with play calls.

Hope we win. Then again I have "wished" for a lot of things concerning Georgia football over the past 10 or so years.

Go Dawgs
The following user(s) said Thank You: GooseDawg78, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #70657 by Buc

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #70658 by thriller
We have 3 VERY losable games coming up. VERY losable.

I truly believe that the end of "Loserville" is near. One loss and it's over. He has a razor-thin margin.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70659 by averagedawg
I read this on an Alabama site.
One things for sure, you won't hear any cussing
from either head coach.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70660 by Buc
Reading between the lines thriller.

Dyshon Sims replacing Greg Pyke came as a huge surprise to me. No mention of Pyke being injured. Have always liked Sims, know some of his family. Not surprised that Dyshon is starting, but again, surprised at the position he is starting.

Really liked what I saw from Isaiah Wynn at left tackle. Much quicker than Theus. Have always believed and said on this board that Theus is a right tackle not left. Wynn is not only quicker, as has been said on this board, has that "streak".

Changes indicate to me that we are going to run the football . . . . a lot. Muschamp will like that, load the box again.

As you say thriller, a loss to Auburn, especially with Muschamp as their defensive coordinator . . . . someones ears will be burning.

MIght add this . . . . as if a loss changes some of the coaches future, not the right coach, too many assistants leave before that can happen. That has been proven over the years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #70661 by stevedawg
"Deep South's Oldest Rivalry" A little history about this matchup...

"The first college football game between Auburn University and the University of Georgia was played on February 20, 1892 in Piedmont Park in Atlanta, Georgia.The game was the brainchild of Charles Herty of Georgia - the University's first football coach and George Petrie Auburns Trainer. The two had met as graduate school classmates at The Johns Hopkins University.The game was also, according to legend, when Auburn's team cheer, "War Eagle", originated. Auburn won the game 10–0.

The Tigers and Bulldogs have played each other nearly every year since. There have only been three exceptions since 1898, when World War I and World War II interrupted the series.

Through the 2014 season, the rivalry is tied for the fifth most played college football series at 118 games, and is tied 55–55–8. When the Southeastern Conference split into its Eastern Division and Western Division in 1992, with Auburn placed in the west and Georgia in the east, the game was designated as the teams' annual cross-divisional rivalry game."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_South's_Oldest_Rivalry

GO DAWGS!!!!

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds