Forum

Monday: Auburn Game Week -- Muschamp Again . . . .

8 years 5 months ago #70674 by wlayton
I've just heard Pruitt can be a "hot head".

Believe DC's can have that trait, just think HC's shouldn't.....look no further than Muschamp.

Do believe HC's need to be tough, stern and the players should "fear/respect" them but not a "hot head".

Imo HC's should be all the above but.....under control.

But what do I really know.... :S

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70675 by Buc
wlayton, at some point, and I hope it is not too far down the road, all of us will see a change at head coach in Athens.

Going to be hard for the head coach to "dodge" many of the things that will be brought up as long as he is the "Top".

Believe that this time around the "flack" has been heavier than it was in 2010 I think. First time that many were on the fire Mark Richt bandwagon, this time many more.

Head coach has had ample time to have a program squared away when the first fire Richt talk started.

Not blaming the players, but 2015 has been an absolute mess and that tells me that Mark Richt is not head coach material at this point. Keep seeing pictures of Mack Brown when I enter into the subject.

Wartdawg, I somehow believe if Pruitt was the head coach, Pruitt and McGarity would get along better. I for one do not believe the BS that is being passed through the media for our consumption is the truth between Richt/McGarity. Pruitt is all about work, I do not believe that is the case with Richt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, averagedawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #70676 by thriller
Thanks for all the comments - I was seriously wondering if there was something I was missing. It blows my mind that anyone could even CONSIDER getting rid of Pruitt, when he is the one who has led our defense, and the defense is the part of the team that has kept us even SEMI-competitive.

I would like to think that successful or unsuccessful results would have some kind of bearing on who we keep and who we discard. So far I can't tell if Schotty has a clue - maybe he's genius, but I can't prove it.

The problem is that UGA is a very good ALL TIME football program, and Loser has benefited from being "just-good-enough" to beat teams that aren't good. That tends to get us into bowl games, which tends to get more money into the till.

UGA administrators are addicted to profit. They don't understand that the profit would be there even if Madonna was the head coach. UGA fans are LOYAL to the Red and Black, not the head coach. Even the "Richters" out there aren't going to quit going to games if we change the HC.

Someday we will HAVE to change the HC, one way or another. Now would seem to be a PRIME TIME to do it, with so many quality candidates out there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, averagedawg, growl

More
8 years 5 months ago #70677 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Monday: Auburn Game Week -- Muschamp Again . . . .
If we are content with 3 or 4 losses a season,
We are getting what we deserve.

We are dealing with an ingrained culture of mediocre appeasement.

The public outcry must be so forceful, it cannot be ignored.

A difficult task bringing down the house. I give Pruett credit for being a voice for fundamental change.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, wlayton, Buc

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70678 by Buc
thriller, have not seen this board as united as it is now. Not since I have been here.

Again, not a lot of "garbage" being tossed around, most of the posts have been tough, but level headed.

wlayton, meant to mention earlier. Kisner, English and others have played well in China. Have enjoyed watching the tournament.

Golf will soon be a major deal in China, just like basketball became. Glad to see it actually, might even bring more friendship between the two nations (China and USA). Sometimes it is the "little things" that make a "big difference".

The game is going to be huge in 2016, lots of young, limber folks playing the game at a very high level.

Back to football. thriller, my thoughts on the possibility of a new head coach. As long as Pruitt/Rocker and Company remain in Athens, our defense will continue to grow and that is what young recruits look at closely. Not telling you anything.

I don't see a lot of problems with the defense. Have my fingers crossed for a couple of defensive linemen, other than that, I believe 2016 will be a return to the good times in Athens defensively.

Watching #3 Smith, understand why so many teams wanted this young man. He is going to terrorize many offenses. Believe he will show well against Auburn this weekend.

Amen and high fives to you averagedawg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, averagedawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #70679 by Wartdawg

thriller wrote: So far I can't tell if Schotty has a clue - maybe he's genius, but I can't prove it.

We went to a running QB with no game experience and threw the ball 33 times and wouldn't let him run.

We went back to the "throwing QB" and threw the ball 13 times, and often had him lining up as a wideout as we ran "wilddawg" plays.

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and guess "NOT GENIUS".

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, wlayton, DAWGtm, dawgs_fans_dad

More
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds