Forum

Monday: Auburn Game Week -- Muschamp Again . . . .

8 years 5 months ago #70668 by Buc
The difference between Pruitt and Muschamp.

Muschamp will jump at every opportunity to say "look at me". Folks in Florida did Will and they could not be happier than they are now . . . . your dismissal/firing. They looked and one morning you were gone. Their Athletic Director has a set of brassies. ;)

Pruitt could care less about much of the stuff that the media spews. He is a football coach, one of the better defensive coaches that I have seen in Athens . . . . since BVG. Defensive coach that Richt did not want on his staff. BVG seems to have Notre Dame doing well defensively . . . . :whistle:

"No, I said it was a good locker room when I left and I meant it," Muschamp said Sunday night. "The foundation was set."

dawgs_fans_dad said . . . . Pruitt's the best non-player addition to this team in the relatively short time that I have been paying attention.

www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015...rprised_florida.html

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #70669 by averagedawg
If Kirby comes to Georgia, Pruett goes to 'Bama.
That's the consensus among Tide fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 5 months ago #70670 by Wartdawg

averagedawg wrote: It creates dissension.
For one who espouses team unity, his actions contradict that.

Despite all the "Mark Richt loves you no matter what" stuff, based on his actions, seems to me he is a bit petty, a tad vindictive towards those that don't drink his loserade, and quite eager to throw some blame at others while accepting very little himself.

Buc, We could do a lot worse than Pruitt....

..namely, with Mark Richt :laugh:

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, Buc, averagedawg

More
8 years 5 months ago #70671 by wlayton
Love Pruitt as a DC but don't see him as a HC.

PVBDAWG

More
8 years 5 months ago #70672 by growl
I could very easily see Pruitt as the HC, in fact he was my suggestion in another thread. In my opinion he has the "brassies" to do just that. The only thing that I would be the least concerned with would be paying attention to the offensive side of the ball,but that's what you have an OC for. Replace richt with Pruitt and we'll find out soon enough

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70673 by Buc
growl, that is exactly what Richt did. Replaced himself with Mike Bobo, that was after BVG left, then Richt in all of his wisdom promoted Willie Martinez to the vacated defensive coordinator position.

That left Richt to do what, recruit? Green bean circuit. Along comes McGarity and says to Richt that he is to concentrate on football. Want help ask for it.

Really don't see where Richt was ready for a head coaching job. Many in the media and now the SEC Network like to point to his number of victories over the past 15 years. To that I say, there are many that could have won that many games and more with the talent base that UGA can surround itself with.

Silly thing I am about to say but . . . . Wonder how many victories Nick Saban would have produced in Athens? I know . . . . ;)

wlayton you said the same about grantham when there was talk on this board about him being the head coach, think I probably said it first. You were right, I was wrong.

I would definitely take my chances with Pruitt, we did with Richt and I don't believe there is any coaching comparison there. Some might think Pruitt is a tad rough around the edges, sometimes that is exactly what it takes.

averagedawg, know that you are connected. What you said above about Pruitt to Alabama, would not surprise me. Saban has had nothing but high praise for Pruitt. Saban is a major reason that Pruitt became the defensive coordinator at FSU. Jimbo Fisher wanted Pruitt, Fisher knew that Pruitt was high strung. Guess that worked out for the Seminoles.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, dawgs_fans_dad

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds