Forum

Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time

8 years 6 months ago #69842 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time

Buc wrote: Below is a good look at the Tiger defense.

Edit . . . . Apparently the video will not come up. Missouri defense looks ready to play.

#2 in SEC behind BAMA in yards given up......275.8/game versus BAMA at 265.5/game.

MIZZOU #1 in SEC in scoring D at 13.5/PPG

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69844 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
I really have no clue what team shows up Sat.
I know Pinkel is a better coach than Richt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, growl

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69862 by Buc
Posted on this board yesterday that I read most of what Kimberley Nash has to say on her site.

Going back again. Kimberley's article below also makes me wonder what is going on with a "healthy" AJ Turman. Still on campus, great Spring Game. If he is a head case do not believe he would still be on campus. After he signed the LOI to play for Georgia, I was a very happy camper. Going to post his high school video again.

Simply put, AJ Turman will knock you on your backside. Young man from Central Florida, those of us down this way understand his talents. He is a downhill runner for sure, but . . . . excellent track man as you will see in the video.

Toss sweep look familiar? Ran the same plays in high school that UGA runs . . . . ?

theladysportswriter.com/georgia-football...-j-turman-ever-play/

More
8 years 6 months ago #69863 by Buc
This is something that bothers me.

We have several "very talented players" on the Georgia football team that call Florida home. Long list, will not post all of them.

There comes a time when those of us outside the arena that get together in Florida and question just exactly what is going on in Athens.

Allow me this.

When talent such as AJ Turman, Faton Buata, Keyon Brown and yes Reggie Davis don't see a lot of playing time, news travels fast.

One of the conversations that come up regularly down this way is what is going on with the Florida talent in Athens.

Bet this. Jim McElwain, head coach of the gators is a master recruiter, and he is also a positive force with the talent in this state. Many will read this and somewhere down the road will start asking questions about McElwain changing the fortunes of the gators. He is a head coach that is totally committed to his program. Scares me, damn right.

Maybe should not say this but will. If I had to bet the farm on the future of McElwain and Richt, hands down I bet on McElwain. Why? He understands "motivation" the single biggest disappointment I have with our head coach. McElwain is not another Gus Malzahn. He will be around long after Malzahn is finished in D1 football.

If we go to JAX and play as flat as we did against the gators and before that Nebraska, this year some of those that want to retain our head coach will see exactly why Richt is not the answer to what you and I really want.

Someone explain to me what is wrong with this picture/post?

The gators have suspended their starting quarterback. Anyone believe that McElwain won't get top play out of his replacement?

I see change in a lot of programs, not ours. I see new hires, but any successful program has to have a leader. Richt has been in Athens for 15 years, want to look at total wins? What about wins against real competition. Anyone believe that we are going to get an offer to play in a major bowl? Speaking about right now. Bet this. If we are invited to play in a lesser bowl game, our head coach will accept. Builds that portfolio, he thinks and thus far is getting away with it.

Missouri football team and Pinkel, their leader, real leader will come to Athens and play grown man football, while some of our very talented players sit on the bench or walk the sidelines. True or not?
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sadlerdawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
8 years 6 months ago #69890 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Monday - What Now Again? It's Mizzou Time
At this point in the season, I'm willing to suit up a circus monkey and let him take his knocks as long as he develops into a player next year because, let's face it, it's now about NEXT year (again). Let Bauta have the reins. Put those Freshmen and Sophomores in there and let them show what they can do. Hell, I'll deal with the losses as long as I know we're working towards developing a winning team.

Problem is, the big 'ol roadblock of CMR's ego. He knows best, so keep those kids on the sideline while those ahead of them in the depth charts get all the reps. Great strategy that has yielded exactly NOTHING.

I have absolutely NO interest in tomorrow's game, and that burns my ass. We're going to lose by a touchdown plus, CMR and the rest of the clown car will talk about having to figure out what went wrong and how they have to work on some things. We know this is coming, so why go through the agony of the game? Sony Michel cannot carry this team for the whole game. He needs support. We've got great receivers, but we need a gunslinger and our gunslingers are sidelined with Jox Cox-itis. I get the feeling that the key to playing time under CMR is to put a little extra in the collection plate because talent and decision making don't always play into the equation as it does at every other school on the planet. It HAS to be something else. But come hell or high water, we'll stick with Lambert until the season is truly buried. Can you imagine what would have happened to Nick Chubb if Gurley hadn't been injured. He'd be an afterthought. How many more Nick Chubb's are sidelined at Georgia due to CMR's head-in-arse affliction? BAH.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds