Forum

What Now

8 years 6 months ago #69567 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic What Now
Wlayton. We will just go rent a brewery for a week and play catchup!!

Buc...believe you spoke early spring about no SEC team going

undefeated....wisdom as usual.....

Time to squash pumpkins.....urange strongly dislike it....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69582 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic What Now
People supporting the guy who is guaranteed to get blown off the field or lose to an inferior team at least twice every year guaranteed is why we get blown off the field or get beat twice by an inferior twice every year, guaranteed.

I can not for the life of me understand why people think being a good guy is an acceptable excuse for under-achieving and getting beat in ways you should never get beaten every.single.year.

We do not have a lack of talent or funding. We're top 10 in the nation in both of those areas. There is NO excuse for us not getting consistent top 10 level results.

None.

The only excuse for not getting top 10 results almost every single year that has any validity is "Mark Richt".

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69592 by growl
Replied by growl on topic What Now
I don't know about you, but, the more I read what the players say to some of the questions on improvement and fundamentals I can hear MR's voice coming thru. Things such as: just keep on doing it like we do; if we practice it enough we'll eventually get it right; the next game will be better.

Personally I feel pretty unconvinced.

Whats wrong with doing it right,right now?

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, sflanagan21

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 6 months ago #69593 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic What Now
growl, sometimes I wonder about why as you mention things seem to follow a "party line".

I recall Ramik Wilson being called on the carpet his senior season. He apparently had not followed the "party line".

I recall AM returning from the last camp he attended, that being the second camp in Oklahoma. He was met with a cold shoulder upon his arrival in Athens. All AM was doing was preparing himself to better the team, and of course himself. AM going outside of Athens showed just how committed he was to the program.

There are other instances that could be posted here. While Mark Richt seems to show leadership in the living rooms while recruiting or when the parents and recruits make their way to Athens, he seems to shine.

In my opinion, looking back, since 2005 or so, there was a change that occurred not only with the head coach, we had a serious problem with the athletic director.

In that period of time, I watched the salary of the head coach double. In the beginning I thought that all would be ok. It has not turned out to be ok, except for those that believe if Mark Richt was relieved of his job that Georgia would fall apart. Most of the reasons I have read say our recruiting would no longer exist. The program would hit rock bottom.

I am watching the head coach of the gators that took the Colorado State program from the dumps to participating in a bowl. Now in his first year, he is building the gator program back in fast order. There will probably be some ups and downs, but I speak to what I see, not what I think will happen.

Back to the Georgia recruiting page. When Will Friend said to Mark Richt don't go on a defensive coordinator hunt like you did for grantham, ask a friend of mine that will move the program forward. I know what I have seen since Pruitt/Rocker and Company came on board. Recruiting has reached a level that has quite frankly not been witnessed by me in more years than I like to remember.

There are some that are already holding Pruitt's feet to the fire. If that is the case, it worries me. Why? Not only is he a players coach, he is one of the top recruiters in college football. Anyone that believes Rocker is any different, oh well. Pruitt and Company are in their second year, recruiting top talent is the best it has been maybe ever. Do I think that fans would support Pruitt as they have Richt for 15 years if Pruitt had the same performance record? Nope. Football has changed a lot in 15 years, some have not kept up with the pace that college football has become.

Chief, you said this . . . .

Whats wrong with doing it right, right now?

Would love to hear someone from AJC or others allowed into Butts-Mehre ask that question. Keeping those seats is very important, me thinks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl, sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #69595 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic What Now
I like to give people every benefit of every doubt until clear thinking is all that is left for me. That said, I've officially flipped on CMR. There's a point at which enough is enough and it's time to admit that the path we're on is a circle, well trodden but going nowhere.

Personally, hoping for an undefeated season is like buying a lottery ticket. Good for a little "what-if" dreaming, but always brought down to reality at some point. However, there are more disturbing factors at play here. I'm not sure why Grayson Lambert is still the starting QB unless Ramsey and Bauta suck. I'd rather take chances with a gunslinger than a "seasoned" QB who gets rattled at the slightest pressure.

Pig Howard is out. Duke Williams is gone too (for future reference.) Probably won't make a difference to the outcome of those two games. The thing is, I'm not sure Georgia has the heart for this season after what I saw Saturday. It's easy to look good against the teams we've won against so far, but those teams were all bottom-feeders. I personally feel sorry for Nick Chubb. He has the talent to win the Heisman, but the team around him isn't up to the challenge of carrying their portion of the weight. Were we scared of Alabama? I really can't fathom how absolutely flat Georgia played. I realize I'm a few sentences shy of slamming those kids for Saturday's performance, so I won't. Coaching was horrendous. Play was horrendous. Time for a chance, but it won't happen so I have to content myself with our perennial mediocrity.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #69596 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic What Now
LimeyDawg, you have never been anything but straight up, sez me.

Spending time in the Classic City as you did, hard to post what you just passed along in Post #46. Well said, nothing that you or I or anyone can do about it.

One hundred percent with you on NIck Chubb. Also I get the feeling that the coaches have given up on Marshall.

While many would probably not agree with the following . . . . If I were the head coach or offensive coordinator, Marshall would see more than the last two minutes of the fourth quarter in Tennessee. Young man can still play the game, has heart and talent.

Meant to say this earlier . . . . The one player on the offensive line that played lights out was Greg Pyke. Having watched the game several times, bits and pieces, no wonder Pyke will be one of if not the first offensive lineman taken in the next NFL draft. He was everywhere looking for trouble in Athens against Alabama.

sadlerdawg and others have often said, team plays like the head coach coaches. At this point, what I am seeing from Schottenheimer is the reason that the "fans" in every NFL city he has been in, smiled and high fived when he left. Head coach and offensive coordinator were mirror images on the sideline against Alabama.

Watching Saban/Smart, especially Smart, he was all over the sidelines showing that "winning emotion" that players feed on.

Solid post from where I sit LimeyDawg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds