Forum

What Now

8 years 6 months ago #69523 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic What Now
I want to add that I'm not placing the blame on these kids at all the blame falls directly on Mark Richt! I understand taking a look at Ramsey because he has a high ceiling but someone should have taken into consideration that he played his entire HS career in the Wing T! So take that high ceiling for what it's worth but have a freaking back up plan. Lambert has all the tangibles in the world to be a pretty solid QB but as pointed out by wartdawg his release is way off hence why he has so many batted down balls and you can't coach composure at the QB position you either have it or you don't. Watch Grier and you will get a very good idea of what Park is like as they are both cut from the same mold. I watched both of these kids play in HS and I loved everything about them. We really missed out on Park fellows! Bauta may never be an NFL caliber QB but you can build a winning system around his skill set in college but not under Richt at UGA. This is just speculation on my part but I really believe Bauta was brought in to be a practice squad QB for the teams we face that run the spread. How else can you explain why he hasn't been given a shot? I saw enough from Ramsey last year to know that he wasn't going to cut it. Sorry for ranting on the QB's...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69524 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic What Now
When sflanigan was making some comments about Park winning the job, I made some remarks along the lines of that wasn't going to happen.

It may have been taken wrong at the time, but to clarify I never meant to say that
it wasn't what SHOULD have happened.

What I meant by those comments was just knowing Mark Richt as I knew him, I knew his mind was made up. Once Richt's mind is made up... it is made up and nothing short of a burning bush from the good Lord up above would change it. All the talk of
open QB position battle was just talk. Park and Bauta never stood a chance.

What is so sad about the stubbornness of Mark Richt is what we saw on Saturday.

Lambert was finished early in the second quarter.

It was evident from his first 2 pass attempts that Ramsey was in way, way, over his head.

The game was pretty much at the most desperate of spots at half-time, basically being already over.... it was evident that "what we do" wasn't going to work....

...and still no Faton Bauta. That would at least been something 180 degrees opposite of what we had attempted up to that point, and by that point it was
obvious that 180 degrees opposite of what we had been doing was the only
hope we had.

I am not saying it would have worked, but why not try? Why not try is Mark Richt, whose stubbornness will never allow for him to change or try something outside
of his comfort zone, even when he is being served his arse on a platter.

That can never happen though.... because he's too stubborn to try, and way too afraid his poor decision making would be exposed had Bauta moved the offense.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69525 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic What Now

sflanagan21 wrote: I want to add that I'm not placing the blame on these kids at all the blame falls directly on Mark Richt! I understand taking a look at Ramsey because he has a high ceiling but someone should have taken into consideration that he played his entire HS career in the Wing T! So take that high ceiling for what it's worth but have a freaking back up plan. Lambert has all the tangibles in the world to be a pretty solid QB but as pointed out by wartdawg his release is way off hence why he has so many batted down balls and you can't coach composure at the QB position you either have it or you don't. Watch Grier and you will get a very good idea of what Park is like as they are both cut from the same mold. I watched both of these kids play in HS and I loved everything about them. We really missed out on Park fellows! Bauta may never be an NFL caliber QB but you can build a winning system around his skill set in college but not under Richt at UGA. This is just speculation on my part but I really believe Bauta was brought in to be a practice squad QB for the teams we face that run the spread. How else can you explain why he hasn't been given a shot? I saw enough from Ramsey last year to know that he wasn't going to cut it. Sorry for ranting on the QB's...

Well since I know next to nothing about qbs, it's always good to read things from people that actually do, so continue ranting brother.

This thread is titled what's next? We've been through this dance before fellas. More than likely we will win out, beat a top 10 Florida team (blah), go on to the SECC game and get whooped.

But we will be hearing about how great it was the win the SEC east from Pastor Richt.

You know I watched a video on YouTube from one extremly ticked off Georgia fan after the game. A bunch of comments he made that I agreed with, and this guy at one point was a Pro Richt guy. Will post later.

Edit- will post now actually
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Wartdawg, growl, sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #69526 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic What Now
sflanagan21, had never thought along the lines of the comment you made below. Man, that really gets my thought process going in many directions.

This is just speculation on my part but I really believe Bauta was brought in to be a practice squad QB for the teams we face that run the spread. How else can you explain why he hasn't been given a shot?

From what I have seen and read that is being posted here, "all things are possible".
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69527 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic What Now
BullDawg2010, just finished watching the video.

That is a video that should reach Butts_Mehre.

Thanks for the posting.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69528 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic What Now
Buc, in that video I agree with everything that guy says. Especially the part where he says that you can't tell me Alabamas players are that much better than Georgia's.

It has never been a talent issue. You don't lose games to vandy and a Florida team that already had their head coach getting ready to pack. Talent has and will never be an issue at UGA.

He has another video, where he calmly explains why he's done with Richt, and like most of us here, at one point or another we all supported him until our eyes were opened.

We have a fan base, where the majority of them know next to nothing about football, because if they did they would look past Richts record, they would understand that his success in these recent years is only because Tennessee and Florida have been down.

If they were the Tennessee and Florida from 10 years ago. We would be fighting Missouri for 3rd place in the East, this man has literally done nothing to warrant him staying here.

I have nothing against his religion, never have, never will. But the next time someone says to me we should keep Mark Richt bc he's a good Christian man, I'm going to say Jesus Christ didn't play football for a reason.

I really wish our fan base had more people like the people on this board. We see Richt has done nothing, like I've said many times before my eyes were opened in 2013. I. Will. Never. Forget. The Vanderbilt loss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21, ReservoirDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds