Forum

What Now

8 years 6 months ago #69597 by growl
Replied by growl on topic What Now
Those players are doing exactly what they have been coached to do by the HC, wait for something good to happen, they're still waiting.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 6 months ago #69599 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic What Now
Imo they weren't flat, they simply got flattened by a better, more physical team.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69606 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic What Now

growl wrote: Those players are doing exactly what they have been coached to do by the HC, wait for something good to happen, they're still waiting.

growl, your post above goes hand in hand when I read what is posted below. Going to italicize one paragraph that points to exactly what you posted. This has been going on for how long? We get the same comment from our head coach that he is not going to give anything away. Really? Guess Alabama and all of the others did not need any help from our coaching staff.

ATHENS -- After last Saturday’s 38-10 loss to Alabama, Georgia Head Coach Mark Richt told the media that he and his staff has to ‘reevaluate everything.’ That included everything from the quarterback position to special teams.

Richt told media on Wednesday that the reevaluation process has resulted in some change on the Bulldogs special teams unit. He just isn’t eager to talk about it in specifics.

“I know we moved a few guys on the two units giving some guys some work,” Richt said. “We’ve made a couple of changes but I don’t want to announce any of them. I don’t want to give anybody a clue. We’ve made a couple of moves. There’s some change there.”

The change comes on the heels of the Bulldogs having a punt blocked for a score in the second quarter of the blowout loss. On the play an Alabama rusher went unblocked and ran unimpeded to make the play.

The Bulldogs have also had a special teams gaffe of some sort in every game in 2015 except for the season opener against Louisiana-Monroe.

Can't speak to what other teams are doing or not doing, I have seen what our head coach has done or not done for a long period of time when it comes to Special Teams.

You tagged this thread perfectly growl. What Now?

More
8 years 6 months ago #69608 by growl
Replied by growl on topic What Now
The fruit is at the end of the limb, players seem to want to go get it, but coaches are afraid of what they might lose

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 6 months ago #69609 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic What Now
Sad, but true.

But the season is not done yet. No, we are not going to win the NC. Never really thought we would. You need a QB to do that.

But if the team gets back in the game, we can beat TN. We can beat MO. We can beat AU. And maybe, if we get our feet back under us, we can beat the gators.

They will all be big games. I want to see the team do well. I don't think it will ever break the glass ceiling with CMR at the helm. But on the other hand, I don't think he's going anywhere any time soon. He's firmly wedged into place.

Maybe if they lose the TN, MO, AU, FL, and teck, he would be back on the proverbial hot seat. Then again, maybe not.

Go dawgs. We love you guys. Make us proud in Knoxville.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
8 years 6 months ago #69611 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic What Now

Buc wrote:
ATHENS -- After last Saturday’s 38-10 loss to Alabama, Georgia Head Coach Mark Richt told the media that he and his staff has to ‘reevaluate everything.’ That included everything from the quarterback position to special teams.

Richt told media on Wednesday that the reevaluation process has resulted in some change on the Bulldogs special teams unit. He just isn’t eager to talk about it in specifics.

“I know we moved a few guys on the two units giving some guys some work,” Richt said. “We’ve made a couple of changes but I don’t want to announce any of them. I don’t want to give anybody a clue. We’ve made a couple of moves. There’s some change there.”

The change comes on the heels of the Bulldogs having a punt blocked for a score in the second quarter of the blowout loss. On the play an Alabama rusher went unblocked and ran unimpeded to make the play.

The Bulldogs have also had a special teams gaffe of some sort in every game in 2015 except for the season opener against Louisiana-Monroe.

Can't speak to what other teams are doing or not doing, I have seen what our head coach has done or not done for a long period of time when it comes to Special Teams.

Yuk yuk.. and AFTER the fact Richt will look into it and make some changes. Always reactive, never proactive.

We've been having problems like this for years and he's still in "aww shucks well we will move some people around" mode. Address the real problem and maybe you will fix the problems before they help lose you a game - ST coordinator that knows what they are doing and hold them
accountable.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds