Forum

What Now

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69531 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic What Now
What now? I will try to answer this question thinking of the team in general. Looking at our team and our schedule we should be able to let this loss go and win out. Tenn is a team that can't finish and if we just feed Chubb and Michel most of the game then we will be able to put up enough to beat them. If Lambert comes out cold and looking loss again then I hope Bauta gets his chance. Not too concerned about Mizz at all. I don't really know what to think about Fla besides that their D is pretty legit and Grier seems to have a pretty good grasp of the O. We will know more about them after the LSU game. Kentucky is pretty good and they may end up being a way harder game than most think, just glad we have them between the hedges. I hate Auburn! But not as bad as I hate Tech. On paper we should win out and if the players can put this game behind them and battle from here out then we will probably end up in a rematch against Bama in the SEC CG. Wow that scares me...

Regardless of what just happened I'm going to pull just as hard for the DAWGS from here out as I was before the Bama game. As fans I feel like we deserve better than Mark RIcht as a head coach but that's not going to discourage me right now because we still have a lot of football left to be played and some crazy things are happening in college football this season so ya never know. I'm just hoping that Bama wins out this year and so do we. And in the meantime we grow and learn from this horrible loss...

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69532 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic What Now
BullDawg2010, there is just so much that can be tolerated before something has to give.

I have spent many hours offshore fishing, often taking folks that were not really used to some of the things that can come into play on the water.

Folks would be all high fives and ready for a great day. Often the great days would turn into problems for some that did not have sea legs and tended to stop high fiving and having a good time, to hanging over the side and . . . .

Just trying to say that I have lost my sea legs for the way our football program has been and is being run in Athens. Don't have any more high fives to give.

Did read where one of our "recruiting hopefuls" said every team has a bad day. Cannot disagree with that, but I contend that our head coach has failed to find his "sea legs".

Good read BullDawg2010, and thanks again for the video, that one gets filed away in the vault.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #69533 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic What Now
For the record Tenn does scare me but after this loss to Bama I can't see us coming in flat and losing to Tenn.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69534 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic What Now
Solid read sflanagan21.

Might be that some of the players "messed up", that however will not prevent me from doing my usual on game days.

If the coaching somehow improves, believe the talented players on this team will respond. Do have to say this . . . . Mark Richt is not a motivator, a proven fact again this past Saturday.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69535 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic What Now
BD2010 - i agree with that fan 100%

I'll take being an over-achieving 8 win team that competes in every game any day over being an under-achieving 9 or 10 win team that totally embarrasses itself two or three times a year.

..and yes.. SICK OF IT, and SICK OF MARK RICHT who sits there on the sideline not even knowing what just happened to his team.

Unfortunately, Richt keeps the money rolling in with his so-called stellar recruiting
classes and ability to beat Tech most of the time, so the fat cats behind the program don't care. Richt himself doesn't care because he's isolated himself in some sort of 9 win ivory tower where he thinks he is holier than anything as meaningless and secular as football championships. That video will never reach Butts-Mehre, nor will it's sound penetrate the ivory tower of Mark Richt.

Yet somehow I still see this as a team so talented that it could win out, but I wouldn't bet a plug-nickel on it if you gave me 500-1 odds.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BullDawg2010

More
8 years 6 months ago #69536 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic What Now
RIcht has said that "everything" is up for evaluation. Of course that does not include him, his staff, his quarterback, etc., etc. etc.

So basically, we are stuck with what we have seen so far. We can overpower weak opponents. We can beat lower tier SEC teams, and when he gets protection, easy reads, and open receivers, Lambert can look quite good. Against top notch competition... not so much.

Special teams is a roller coaster. Discipline fell apart.

Gut check for team now. They can still beat TN, MO, and FL, but it won't come easy. This one will stick with us until we beat 'bama. Period. Probably won't happen with Richt and Saban still in their respective positions.

More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds