Forum

What Now

8 years 6 months ago #69537 by ReservoirDawg
Replied by ReservoirDawg on topic What Now
For those who haven't seen this video, I believe both Smith & Bayless saw it coming.
This was taped the day before Saturday's "Dawg Debacle". Enjoy...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69538 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic What Now

rockdawg wrote: RIcht has said that "everything" is up for evaluation.

Richt "says" a lot.

Unfortunately, other teams actually "do" things.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69539 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic What Now
Higher standard of conduct, blah blah blah

I'm throwing the BS flag on that. What happened Saturday and what happens every year has nothing to do with any higher standard.

It has something to do with lower standards. Namely the one our coach is held to because he makes sure he tells everyone how he does things the right way.

Anyone think we embarrass ourselves because we suspend kids the very first time
they get caught smoking pot?

BS.

All that crap is, is the red-herring that Richt has invented to hide the truth.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

More
8 years 6 months ago #69540 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic What Now

sflanagan21 wrote: For the record Tenn does scare me but after this loss to Bama I can't see us coming in flat and losing to Tenn.

sf21, went back and read this as I do a lot of posts on this board.

www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/georgia-tennessee-odds-october-10-2015
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #69541 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic What Now

Wartdawg wrote: When sflanigan was making some comments about Park winning the job, I made some remarks along the lines of that wasn't going to happen.

It may have been taken wrong at the time, but to clarify I never meant to say that
it wasn't what SHOULD have happened.

What I meant by those comments was just knowing Mark Richt as I knew him, I knew his mind was made up. Once Richt's mind is made up... it is made up and nothing short of a burning bush from the good Lord up above would change it. All the talk of
open QB position battle was just talk. Park and Bauta never stood a chance.

What is so sad about the stubbornness of Mark Richt is what we saw on Saturday.

Lambert was finished early in the second quarter.

It was evident from his first 2 pass attempts that Ramsey was in way, way, over his head.

The game was pretty much at the most desperate of spots at half-time, basically being already over.... it was evident that "what we do" wasn't going to work....

...and still no Faton Bauta. That would at least been something 180 degrees opposite of what we had attempted up to that point, and by that point it was
obvious that 180 degrees opposite of what we had been doing was the only
hope we had.

I am not saying it would have worked, but why not try? Why not try is Mark Richt, whose stubbornness will never allow for him to change or try something outside
of his comfort zone, even when he is being served his arse on a platter.

That can never happen though.... because he's too stubborn to try, and way too afraid his poor decision making would be exposed had Bauta moved the offense.

I think using Bauta and the read option could have been what it would have taken to beat Bama but we will never know... I would have at least had a back up plan involving Bauta and his skill set.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, growl, ReservoirDawg

More
8 years 6 months ago #69544 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic What Now

sflanagan21 wrote:

Wartdawg wrote: When sflanigan was making some comments about Park winning the job, I made some remarks along the lines of that wasn't going to happen.

It may have been taken wrong at the time, but to clarify I never meant to say that
it wasn't what SHOULD have happened.

What I meant by those comments was just knowing Mark Richt as I knew him, I knew his mind was made up. Once Richt's mind is made up... it is made up and nothing short of a burning bush from the good Lord up above would change it. All the talk of
open QB position battle was just talk. Park and Bauta never stood a chance.

What is so sad about the stubbornness of Mark Richt is what we saw on Saturday.

Lambert was finished early in the second quarter.

It was evident from his first 2 pass attempts that Ramsey was in way, way, over his head.

The game was pretty much at the most desperate of spots at half-time, basically being already over.... it was evident that "what we do" wasn't going to work....

...and still no Faton Bauta. That would at least been something 180 degrees opposite of what we had attempted up to that point, and by that point it was
obvious that 180 degrees opposite of what we had been doing was the only
hope we had.

I am not saying it would have worked, but why not try? Why not try is Mark Richt, whose stubbornness will never allow for him to change or try something outside
of his comfort zone, even when he is being served his arse on a platter.

That can never happen though.... because he's too stubborn to try, and way too afraid his poor decision making would be exposed had Bauta moved the offense.

I think using Bauta and the read option could have been what it would have taken to beat Bama but we will never know... I would have at least had a back up plan involving Bauta and his skill set.

sf21, totally agree with a "back up plan". Unless I am totally off base, what I watched Saturday was anything but a back up plan.

You coach quarterbacks, you know that the "changing of the guard" is not something you do against "Alabama". Trying really hard to bite my tongue, however . . . . you said "back up", that comes from someone who understands and coaches football. Don't give a damn if it is pee wee, high school or college, it is often referred to as "coaching". We are not there yet, and I don't have 15 more years to understand that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds