Forum

What Now

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69549 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic What Now
This is what coaching for Nick Saban and Alabama is all about.

Kirby Smart prior to playing Georgia watched every piece of film on Schottenheimer's two year stint in St. Louis.

Small wonder that Kirby Smart is the only coach that Nick Saban had a sit down with when discussing going elsewhere. Many coaches have come and gone that coached for Nick Saban. Some like the gators new head coach that has them 5-0 at this point, and beat Ole Miss over the weekend.

Something missing in Athens? Read between the lines . . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69550 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic What Now
While I agree we should have tried Bauta, it wouldn't have made any difference imo. They had their backs against the wall with a must win and their front 7 DOMINATED our OL.

Tebow, Brady, A Rogers or anyone else could have played and they would have gotten killed by BAMA's front 7 as well.

Agree with s21 that because our backs are now against the wall, I wouldn't be surprised if we drill UT Saturday.....a must win.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, GooseDawg78, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 6 months ago #69552 by growl
Replied by growl on topic What Now
Would like to see that happen wlayton, but we're not Bama and we still have mr for a hc. :(

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 6 months ago #69559 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic What Now
Wlayton. Good to hear your voice again

Sometimes your the bug other times you're the windshield

No question what we were this past Saturday

Funny Saturday is game six half the season will be

History..... Glass half full or half empty.....lots of football

To be played again mayor good to know your still

Kicking. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
8 years 6 months ago #69563 by GooseDawg78
Replied by GooseDawg78 on topic What Now
wlayton, welcome back my friend, so good to hear from you!

Well guys, I've been licking my wounds & drying out from that full helping of monsoon plus humble pie that God & Bama served DawgNation on Saturday. My tailgating crew showed up early & in good spirits despite the weather but left Sanford with our heads staring down at the puddles just after the scoreboard hit 38-3.

Anyways, I'm not raging mad because I was expecting to lose. Bama is just better than us no doubt about it; they have been, still are, & probably will be for as long as each University keeps their current Head Coaches. That said, my fears about our QBs inability to handle pressure were realized completely, same for our receivers lack of ability to shake good coverage, & our O-Line was just plain awful.

I thought the Defense showed some heart early on but not much can be done when your offense only gives you 4 snaps per series to catch your wind. Pass rush nowhere to be found, our safety got burnt deep on a huge play, & special teams was more helpful to the other team than our own, as we've grown accustomed to under the current regime.

Anyways, on the bright side, as I said before the season, would rather lose to Bama than any Eastern division opponent, just prefer a close loss over a total & embarrassing annihilation!

I do fully expect to see a hungry, angry team in Knoxville come Saturday, but I really don't know at this point if we're much better than UT (if at all) & can we channel our frustration into a good gameplan & solid execution? Also, I have major concerns about our QB situation, especially on the road, in a hostile environment. Besides, it's not like UTs defense is a wet paper bag, so yeah, I"m nervous.

Enough for now, as usual, all of yall have made some excellent points in this thread, just wish some of you were actually charge of UGA football.

I am anxious to see how the month of Oct. plays out for our Dawgs though. After UT, Mizzou, & FU we'll either be talking about making it back to Atlanta for a inevitable loss to a better team from the West or we'll be doing what we have done for the past 10 years now, wondering what could have been & arguing about the risk of changing coaches versus the insanity of keeping what we have & expecting different results.

IT'S HARD TO BE A GEORGIA BULLDOG SOMETIMES BUT I'LL KEEP HUNKERING DOWN LIKE LARRY TAUGHT ME TO DO!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, Buc, DAWGtm, sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #69564 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic What Now

yankeedawg1 wrote: Wlayton. Good to hear your voice again

Sometimes your the bug other times you're the windshield

No question what we were this past Saturday

Funny Saturday is game six half the season will be

History..... Glass half full or half empty.....lots of football

To be played again mayor good to know your still

Kicking. Go Dawgs

yd1, missing having that weekend "cool one" with you.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds