Forum

What Now

8 years 7 months ago #69513 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic What Now

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #69516 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic What Now
growl, having read your post several times, good question.

Tennessee next.

Tennessee has a couple of better than good running backs.

One would think that after the last time we faced off with Tennessee at their place, memories of that game should remain fresh in our minds.

Read where some are saying it is a big game for us. True. Problem with that, all games should be big for us.

Tennessee has come close in a couple of games, this game is huge for them. Their head coach has most of the Tennessee believing fans that he is the second coming. Lose to Georgia and Jones will be faced with a lot of the same chatter that Richt is faced with now. Difference is Richt is going nowhere. Jones is not guaranteed that same safe feeling.

Maybe we will be able to see our open receivers against Tennessee. Richt apparently has made the decision that Lambert will start. Not surprising, Richt has a stubborn side, very much like Bobby Bowden.

You ask "What Now" growl. I think we just continue on the same path that we have been on for 15 years. Some things never change. As we have been told by the coaching staff . . . . they don't read the "stuff" on the internet . . . . BS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
8 years 7 months ago #69519 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic What Now
Jones is not guaranteed that same safe feeling, indeed.

He has never sold himself as being bigger than wins and losses.

He has never made excuses for why it's okay to get constantly not just beaten, but embarrassed by upper echelon programs.

State of the dogs QB position

Our starting QB has a release point on his throws of about shoulder height and unless he can do a 3 step drop and release or a 3 second release out of the gun,
he is toast. Just to note, he couldn't win the starting job and a 2nd tier ACC school.
No emotions... just facts.

Our backup QB couldn't read a defense if it was an ABC easy reader level 2. He apparently can not see anyone who is wearing an opposing jersey color.

Our 3rd string QB will not be allowed to see the field other than to hand the ball off
in post mop up duty, because our brain trust can't squeeze him into their QB mold.

There was one other guy who showed promise who transferred because he was somehow ranked behind the backup guy, which after seeing backup guy is truly shocking.

Aaron Murray graduated year before last, so how did we end up in this position at
QB? (Don't answer... it's really a rhetorical question)

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl, sflanagan21

More
8 years 7 months ago #69520 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic What Now
What now? Well if we stick with Lambert who the heck know's what could happen, but I'm guessing we drop at the least 3 more games. My job is to coach QB's and NO I'm not on Shottenheimer's level BUT what did he see in Lambert at VA to think he could fix it? We are getting the exact same Lambert that VA had and that's exactly why he LOST his job at the University of Virginia and Brian Shottenheimer thought he could fix his issues so he could play against the BIG BOY's in the SEC haha! Nevertheless RIcht and Shott are both going to stick it out with Lambert. I sure hope they are smart enough to see that Ramsey will NEVER be a starter in college.

I for one really thought that this QB competition was just what the Doctor ordered but I was also thinking that either Park or Bauta would come out on top. Park is long gone and Bauta like we've all been saying for 2 years will NEVER get a fair shake especially now because if he did and he killed it then Richt would look like the clown that he is for not starting him all season. Hey maybe I'm wrong on my evaluation that I had on Park and Bauta but the proof is in the pudding with Lambert and I watched Ramsey live several times in HS and I always left scratching my head and wondering why we were offering him a scholly and not D Watson who I also watched live several times in HS. (I know Watson doesn't fit our O blah, blah, blah)

What now? We were outmatched in every aspect of the game on Saturday that loss was embarrassing and no matter what AJC is reporting there is no way that some of those elite recruits aren't thinking twice now. If I was Eason's Dad there is NO freaking way I would send him all the way across the country to play for Richt. This loss hurt in many ways and you better believe it hurt in recruiting as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Wartdawg, DAWGtm, growl, ReservoirDawg

More
8 years 7 months ago #69521 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic What Now
sflanagan21, your posts can be traced by since you have openly said Park is a very talented gunslinger. Think you might have said that at one time. Believe his name came up as being much like Brett Favre and the way he played the game.

You make a very good point about the head coach and offensive coordinator's apparent lack of either "understanding" or . . . . ?

Have gone back and looked at what Wartdawg had to say about Lambert's release. He is did on, no ifs, ands or buts.

Regardless of what the faults are in our quarterbacking group, the real fault lies in the "What Now" question that growl asked.

Believe that Eason is too far into the "build up" especially the AJC, to move in another direction. Have said this before and will repeat. I am more than a little "curious" about Eason's Father maybe "mingling" a bit too much. Reminds me a bit of the defensive back that moved to Auburn and his Aunt was all over everyones butt about the unfair treatment.

Add this . . . . I had said on this board that Alabama has the best punter in college football. Young man had his worst day ever, and our coaches could not capitalize on that or anything else.

Something else that sticks in this old brain. Nick Chubb came out and crawled on some butts about poor effort last week. Just goes to what many here are saying, leadership has to come from the top. Next time around maybe, not with the present head coach.

As far as the players, hope they get their spit up and don't allow the Vols to get a W. That would or could start some serious "hot seat" talk. Ha . . . . as if that would do any good.

Still licking my wounds. Had a home full of folks and I sadly was not on my best behavior.

Don't like any shade of orange on football uniforms.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm, growl, sflanagan21

More
8 years 7 months ago #69522 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic What Now
Jones is as sorry a coach as Richt .

Difference being Jones's job is on the line.
Richt's is not.

This game shouldn't even be close.
Take away the short routes, stop the run.
We win.
Why am I so nervous?
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds