Forum

GEORGIA hires new OC and OL coach

9 years 3 months ago #66282 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
Looking around, trying to come up with reasons for hiring Rob Sales as our offensive line coach. After reading the article below, believe that it "probably" explains why Sales is with us.

Guess here is that Kevin Mawae will be the selection made by LSU.

Does not change my thoughts on Rob Sales being hired as our offensive line coach. Reason . . . . Sales comes from a group of younger coaches that seem to be closer to the high school players way of thinking. Communication means a lot. An example . . . . two recruits that seemed to be headed our way to play on the offensive line basically withdrew because Will Friend departed.

At this time, I am putting my trust in the "Alabama Gang" . . . . appears our head coach is doing the same.

www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/colle...interested-/4398943/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66283 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic GEORGIA hires new OC and OL coach
Media company cranking up PR machine. Lots of noise on new OC and OL. Richt this and Richt that.

Oh boy, he lassoed a NFL coach making 2mil a year. Boy we are going to win now. Richt must have got rid of the weak one and brought in a pro. There you go. No counter offer because Bobo was essentially fired or just plain old quit.

Found on net at AJC Quote: Georgia’s salary pool for assistant football coaches was $3.3 million coming into this past season. That’s about to go way up.

The Bulldogs already have approved a $450,000 raise for defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt. And while contract figures are not yet available for new offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, it’s clear he’ll earn significantly more than former OC Mike Bobo, who was making $575,000 a year.

Trying to find a verifiable data base of NFL assistant coach compensation is nearly impossible. But based on published reports, Schottenheimer was set to earn “nearly $2 million” a year back in 2009 when he was offensive coordinator for the New York Jets. It would follow that he was probably making more than that with the St. Louis Rams. ugasports.blog.ajc.com
End of quote.

Same old same old. A spark of hope? No we still have the same problems along with an unproven at UGA QC. Always hope never quite making it. Again the phrase WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR come to mind. Watch for the pooch kick to return.

2005 SEC champs. Seems like that was 9 years ago by my calculation.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

9 years 3 months ago #66284 by swampdawg
Replied by swampdawg on topic GEORGIA hires new OC and OL coach
You guys have hashed this over pretty good. Good reading.

New OC and Ol means learning curve for them. It was a publicity stunt for recruiting. No help for this year.

I am not seeing any real change in the organization. Just cover ups.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66285 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic GEORGIA hires new OC and OL coach
I need a new hat.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
Attachments:

9 years 3 months ago #66286 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GEORGIA hires new OC and OL coach
Good post swampdog.

With the entire offensive line coming back with the exception of Andrews, don't believe there will be a lot of changes there. Also, friend of mine that played for Georgia said that Will Friend was all over building depth and did so. Also mentioned that folks in South Georgia are watching everything that is and is not going on in Athens. Said FSU and Florida are working the southern part of Georgia "hard". Mentioned that Mike Bobo is going to be hard to replace, said he has cred.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66292 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GEORGIA hires new OC and OL coach
After. Thinking this over CRS. Is the right choice for us. Looks like LSU. Going for

The star power of the NFL. We have made progress because we have coaches who teach

Can't coach them up without teaching them first. I am ok with going with the bama gang

That includes our new ST coach..... it appears that the chemistry with our coaches

Has been maintained. I bet CJP and CBS will work well together...See CJP reaching out

To CBS to help him make the transition. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds