Forum

GEORGIA hires new OC and OL coach

9 years 3 months ago #66179 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
I am happy to report that one of the heads at BR. Calls it a bad hire been better off

With Roper. To me this means he will do well

Brings new interest to the G game

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66181 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
Well maybe there will be a true QB competition CBS did coach Favre so maybe every QB will get a chance.

I'm ready to hear about BM new contract.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #66185 by Dawg With Style
Got this from Jacksonville.com:

Rams coach Jeff Fisher said after the 6-10 season he expected all his assistants, including Schottenheimer, to return in 2015.

“I think Brian is an outstanding play-caller, very organized and an excellent teacher,” Fisher said. “You can’t put the record on his shoulders. That would be very, very unfair.”

Rams general manager Les Snead said the talks between Georgia and Schottenheimer developed during the “last few days.”

“We’ve been aware of the situation for a little bit,” Snead said.

Richt said Schottenheimer’s NFL experience made him a good choice for Georgia’s pro-style offense and will help players develop for the NFL.

“His NFL experience will be a perfect fit for how we like to play offensive football here at Georgia,” Richt said. “He’ll be excellent in developing our players in both the running and passing games, which will benefit them while they are at Georgia and for their future.”

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #66190 by Dawg With Style

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66207 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
"And I see myself certainly, always have, as more than just a football coach"

Well.. now we know why Richt liked him.

Personally though... I'm sort of okay with it if our football coaches just want to be
football coaches. There are life lessons to be learned just by being a part of a team
and playing at a level that requires this level of committment.

Now before we go any further... I sort of said that tongue in cheek because of my feelings about
Richt and how I feel he sometimes forgets that first and foremost his job title is FOOTBALL coach, and isn't there to teach life-hacks. I in no way intended for the comment above to be taken as if I am slamming CBS for saying that. It's actually great that our coaches want to be more to these kids than just a coach...

Just remember CBS.. first and foremost you are a football coach, lol ;)

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66211 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
My two cents.

Faton Bauta, pack your bags young man.

No way is the new offensive coordinator going to coach under our present head coach and allow you to do what has not been allowed in 14 years. Bank it.

You were not a "fit" at quarterback under Richt, plain and simple. That is what bothers me more than things like "pooch kicks" and other failures. You were recruited by others that would have used your talent. One of them, the gators. Fact.

Ramsey does not come close to your talent in the playbook. Too many believe that a cannon for an arm is better suited for the pro style offense. Tell that to Joe Montana. Montana had a head coach, Bill Walsh that understood how to use his talents. Mark Richt is not cut from the same cloth. I believe that, not only believe it, know that to be true.

Bill Walsh turned San Francisco into a winner with the West Coast Offense. Yes that is operated under the pro style as many like to describe it.

If I were coaching against our head coach, would recruit for the best talent available on the defensive side of the ball. Knowing that Mark Richt does not understand offensive lines and their worth. For example . . . . UGA now has an offensive coordinator and quarterback coach, will he be the one to select a offensive line coach? This is how Mark Richt thinks. Say again, just get the hell out of the way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds