Forum

GEORGIA hires new OC and OL coach

9 years 3 months ago #66250 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
I don't like the Bama and Auburn chatter and his visits there in Jan but his sister is on a BB scholly and it sounds like the family wants them together. I guess we will see on NSD...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #66254 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
WD's comment below....

"I understood what he meant, and I also understand that Ramsey didn't look close to being ready to QBing this team and there is a fair amount of evidence Bauta was more ready right now to be 2nd in line"

First of all I LIKE Bauta just like most do but evidence??? What, the Spring Game is evidence?? The SG is a disarray of players trying to play against each other.... 1's, 2's and 3's so mixed in that you have zero continuity.

Other than the SG......what evidence that you can HANG your hat on?

Bauta may be better but no evidence to prove that unless you are privy to witness practices.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 3 months ago #66256 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
Guess I would reply like this. Both quarterbacks went through "Spring Practice" together. At the end of Spring Practice, appeared that most watching and coaching the game agreed that Faton Bauta was better. Again I surmise that both young men had close to equal snaps leading up to the Spring Game. At that point, would call it a fair and even competition.

Takes me to this. When the situation arose in the 2014 Season, Ramsey was the one that went in, Bauta was certainly not given a chance as were both quarterbacks in the Spring Game.

Find it hard to understand why Faton Bauta did not get some snaps in the situations where Hutson Mason either was injured or at a point in the game that a relief pitcher entered.

Turn the question around wlayton. You said. Other than the SG......what evidence that you can HANG your hat on?

Are you hanging you hat on what someone told you. Someone that "knows" people in Athens, but himself is not permitted to watch practice. Just asking.

Myself and others "hear" a lot of things, so . . . . again, just asking.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66258 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
Buc, first of all I'm NOT endorsing Ramsey or anybody. I like Bauta based only on what you said about him and I trust your judgement.

I'm neither pro or con on this issue but simply wondering how anybody can say there is any REAL evidence to support EITHER player, that's all.

Imo, unless you are at the practices, meetings etc etc everything is "hear say".

I'm simply happy with whoever can get the job done.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66259 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
Interesting look at some things that might happen next year own offense:octor-ordered-for-g

www.dawgsports.com/2015/1/9/7518795/film...-ordered-for-georgia

Harris could help out.

NAHEIM, Ca.- One of the more highly rated prospects at the Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl was TE Jackson Harris of Columbia (TN) Central, who started his college career at Georgia this week as an early enrollee.

247Sports caught up with Harris upon his arrival in California last week to hear about the latest with him and Georgia, as well as why he chose the Bulldogs over his second choice, Alabama.

"Oh yeah definitely [I'm still committed to Georgia]," he told 247Sports. "I'm graduating early and I start on Monday (January 5). I'm looking forward to adjusting to the college lifestyle and working really hard, you know, just enjoy playing college football."

Harris continued, "It just felt like home. I went there and everything just kind of clicked. I felt really comfortable there. I like what they do. I like the coaching staff. It just felt like a home."

With Georgia offensive coordinator Mike Bobo leaving, it has caused a bit of a stir among high school football prospects looking at the Bulldogs. While Harris was disappointed to see Bobo go to Colorado State, it didn't have too much impact on his pledge to UGA.

"I obviously wish he was still at Georgia, but it was a big promotion for him, so I can't really blame him," he explained. "It's good for him, but I know that they have had such a successful style of offense the past few years. Coach Richt has said they're not going to change anything much, so it's just a different guy calling it. I'm not too worried. I know they're going to use me the same way Bobo would, so I'm just going to get out there and work hard."

By enrolling early, Harris has an opportunity to go through winter workouts and spring football with the team, which could potentially result in early playing time. He talked about what the Georgia staff has told him about seeing the field as a freshman.

"They told me the opportunity is right there," Harris said. "They play so many tight ends, and rotate them so much. They have a great tight end in Jeb [Blazevich] and I want to be the ultimate tight end duo in the country with him, me and Jeb. That's what my goal is."

Finally, Harris commented on what it meant to him to be a Semper Fidelis All-American.

"It's a great opportunity," he said. "I'm excited about it and looking forward to playing against some other great athletes."

(Photo: Alex Gleitman, 247Sports)

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 3 months ago #66260 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
This is simply football talk. There is a lot of frustration within the Nation, you and I along with others know that.

Maybe all have seen this, if not . . . .

A longtime Georgia staff member that Mark Richt brought with him when he arrived from Florida State has left the program.

Dave Van Halanger, who served in an administrative role the last four years after 10 seasons as head strength coach, said Thursday that he’s moved on.

“I’m planning on new adventures,” he said.

I am not going to be ugly with this chatter.

Van Halanger did his best at the University of Georgia. I say that without one seconds doubt.

He was replaced by a close friend, our head coach. There was a reason for that, saying that I hope that our head coach recognized that a change was needed. However, the press and the Nation were all over our head coach and Van Halanger was replaced and took on another job in Athens, football related in some ways. No need to kick the man, I won't.

Comes a time when "all of us" will either be unemployed or retired.

Appears to me that someone has Richt's attention, not going to gossip here. What I call "sudden" changes have happened since the arrival of a young very talented football coach. A young coach that says what he thinks, but apparently what he says falls on "listening ears", not deaf ears.

Also appears to me that Richt has finally come to the understanding that there are "others" in the coaching field that are very talented. No more of this business of "closed doors", my way or the highway.

Don't know or recollect how many times myself and others on this board have said this . . . . do what you do best. Don't come before the press as VD did and tell everyone that you are what makes Georgia football all it can be. That "stuff" if for losers, not winners.

I believe that Mark Richt understands at this point that he has someone above him that is not "truly" on the same page. He certainly has many in the Nation that are not with him. Head coach is very good at walking a fence, has done that for far too long. Might be the 1.3 million dollar yearly wage that Pruitt just received means that he understands.

This thing that has been talked about, disgruntled coaches and administration officials is not over. Bet that.

Myself and those that I talk with regularly are waiting for the Bryan McClendon recognition. That could be the eruption that the press and others know is out there, just protecting their seats in Butts-Mehre. Pruitt's raise came quickly, anyone here wonder why . . . . You know, I don't have to say it again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds