Forum

GEORGIA hires new OC and OL coach

9 years 3 months ago #66222 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
Been reading all the talk about Bauta and not getting fair shake, nor an equal chance etc so I thought I would email my guy/contact to see if he had heard any reasons why Ramsey was put ahead of Bauta and had he heard the issue of not getting treated equally.

Here's his words from his contacts in Athens etc (btw, I have no clue, just got curious about it and thought I would ask him if he knew anything)

"They think that Ramsey has much better potential. He has a Stafford-type arm, and he has NFL potential if he can learn and develop. He has all the tools. I don’t think anyone thinks that of Bauta. In other words, the sky is the limit with regards to Ramsey’s potential."

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #66223 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
So they played Ramsey for the "potential" of tomorrow instead of the reality of right now.

I hope the potential actually works out (doesn't always), and that we aren't forced to suffer
through a long waiting period waiting for it to show up.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 3 months ago #66224 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
The bad thing about banking on potential is if he doesn't reach it then you have wasted the opportunity for a young man that has more talent now. Kinda like the stock market the look of high risk stocks my be appealing but at the end of the day if you invest in a steady one you might just end up with more money in the bank.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66225 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
uh, no WD.....if you read what he meant, they thought Ramsey had more potential THAN Bauta, therefore Ramsey was 2nd in line.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 3 months ago #66226 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
sflanagan21, did some extensive reading on Terry Godwin. Appears that he wants to play offense, he also is going to need the ball thrown in his direction. Supposedly he is being told that he will see playing time right away.

Quite frankly we have some receiving talent returning in 2015, everyone wants the ball.

Running backs are very good, they want the ball. Proven players.

This is what I come away with when thinking about Godwin. More than likely he would get a "lot" of playing time on the defensive side of the ball. True cover corner. Hard to find, Terry is supposed to be just that.

NFL, most of the teams, maybe I should say, many of the teams are looking for the 6'3" and above receivers these days, and there are many.

As Terry said while in Central Florida playing against players that have the same skills that he has. He saw just how much is required when moving up from the high school level and facing off with serious talent.

Truly believe that he should play on Pruitt/Rocker and Company's side of the ball. NFL is always looking for shut down corners. Quickest way to the big bucks.

If memory serves me correctly, believe that Terry Godwin was the first recruit that Jeremy Pruitt approached after being "sworn in" by Sir Richt.

Sometimes I still wear my coaching hat. It is a bit old and crusty, but it has opened more than one door for me in my life. Work on him Jeremy, he has the "stuff" that "outstanding" defenses are made of, for sure. In Pruitt's schemes, Terry Godwin takes away a large chunk of the field that opposing teams dare not enter often. Called travel at ones own risk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66227 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
I was told by a friend of Bobo's that Bauta was hands down the best QB on campus between Mason, Ramsey and himself. Now that didn't come from Bobo but a friend who is close to the program and close to Bobo. That was his opinion before the G game, after the G game and at the start of the season. For the record he is the same guy that told me before the SC game that Bobo was implementing the Wildcat that was released in the Troy game. He also played at UGA during Bobo's time. My point is this guy doesn't just talk to be talking. He is utterly pissed that Bauta has not been giving a fair shot because he thinks this season could have turned out way different if Bauta would have at the least had a package designed for him in certain situations. I've watched Bauta play a lot of ball and this kid is a gritty a** baller that will get his shot you can believe that and when he does he will shine!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds