Forum

GEORGIA hires new OC and OL coach

9 years 3 months ago #66276 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
I would make my RC cola and moon pie bet that CJP had words about our new OL coach

Always liked the OL from LSU they liked to ground and pound. I think we will pickup were

CWF left off

Buc hear what you are saying about CBS sitting next to our HC...don't think CMR was going to

Hand the keys to the Lambo to just anyone. 2 points I like. He will learn our playbook

So players can continue to play fast. Sounds like CJP about playing fast. Like it

He also said his finger prints will be added..... like his sense of humor...called the

Flotida Georgia game.. HC. Set him straight. In Athens it is the. Georgia Florida game

Now lets pay the other coaches and go kick some butt. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66277 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
yankeedawg1, appears that another coming from the Nick Saban tree arrives in Athens. For sure on the same page with you yd1 about Pruitt being deeply into Richt's ear.

Since Alabama lost to Ohio State, there have been many remarks about Nick Saban slipping. Remarks have not come from this board.

Watched the game and early on asked the question along with others viewing the game why Bama went from successful running to passing. Nick Saban is the head coach has to take the heat, and did. Personally believe he trusted Lane Kiffin too much, being careful not to interfere. Much had been written over the year about Lane Kiffin's success under Nick Saban. Lane Kiffin called one of those games that we used to jump all over Mike Bobo for, calling the game from la la land.

Anyone that takes a very close look at the coaches that come from Tuscaloosa and thinks they have not learned a thing or two, well . . . .

Our head coach kept the offensive line coach hiring close to his vest, better he show that he chose a coach first then speak to Pruitt's recommendation. Good Public Relations work. Not too hard to figure.

Like the idea of Rob Sales with a current history of coaching high school football. Also, coming from Lake Charles, Louisiana, could be a plus pulling some of those talented players from that State.

The hiring of Jeremy Pruitt has certainly changed the "thought pattern" in Athens. McGarity needs to come off of his high horse and smell the roses. The football team works real well without his hands on approach.

Some on this board would say Richt is not given enough credit. Maybe Jeremy Pruitt should get more credit, that however will never happen, Public Relations Department will see to that. Press releases mention Pruitt, otherwise those in Athens seem to have lock jaw.

I see change in Athens, change that is long overdue. Believe we have some young coaches that understand what is needed to move our team off of a 9 or 10 win season. 9 or 10 wins can be a very good thing if we choose not to play in the Final Four.

Sales also said he will hit the recruiting trail immediately. Sound like something Pruitt said and "did" after his introduction by the head coach? When the fans get comfortable with being a middle of the road team, gives those in power a pass. Said that.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66278 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
Richt is given plenty of credit. The exact credit deserved for his accomplishments based on what he's had to work with.

Change in Athens... yes, we've got some great coaches who understand what it takes. I just wonder if they truly understand what it's going to take in ATHENS GEORGIA.... because to be honest what it takes in Athens may be a bit different than what it takes in other places.

When McScrooge talked about the raises beig given, he said one of the important things he needed to do was to reach out to those big supporters (read big $$) and assure them that they would take care of Richt. There it is in the nutshell folks. Those people have bought it hook line and sinker as long as he for the most part dominates the series with Tech. 9-10 wins and beating Tech is great with those folks, and they are not going to turn on St. Richt because he loses one to them every once in a while.

We will see if our new coaches really know what it is it takes to overcome a lacking HC and the entrenched money that supports him.

Buc said when the fans get comfortable it gives those in power a pass... it does, but is especially does when the $$$ is comfortable.

I hope they can overcome the issues, and I wish them the best of luck in their endeavors. I'll add this as well... I'm
not just talking about Richt here. There are more issues than him.. I sometimes wonder if he is the problem, or just a symptom of a bigger one in the background.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66279 by Buc
understand what it's going to take in ATHENS GEORGIA....

Well said Wartdawg.

Already can see a shift in Public Relations, both here and across other sites.

Reminds me a bit of the controversy going on with the Pipeline from Canada to USA. Seems many think that gas prices are lower because of $50 a barrel oil, presently. Maybe some could ask why it was always above $120 a barrel prior to the Pipeline. Saudia Arabia again trying to get their way, and it comes down to what . . . . money?

Do those outside of Athens really understand what is coming out of Athens? Promise this, the "Group" does, and it is about money.

Wartdawg, has been said more than once. Our head coach is the "Barker" outside the tent. Inside the tent we find out that the bearded lady is either not a lady or a lady with a false beard. Or a lady on steroids borrowed from baseball. Barker does not know, is hired to do what . . . . get people under the tent.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66280 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
Good Sunday Morning. Wart spot on... call it the group or a rose by any other name

There is always a shadow organization that handles the puppet strings

My short 12 years in Athens has educated me that Georgis has one of the best interest groups

Working the sheepeoples that I have seen operate. Having said that over the past month

There has been a shift within this groups members to shore up and clarify the pecking

Order among the players. They have done a superlative job of takimg the messy diaper. From

CMB departure and turn it into a PR winner. Our AD is now a supply clerk ordering paper clips

For the athletic department not that he did much of anything before this brewhaha

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 3 months ago #66281 by Buc
yankeedawg1, while some here "often" point to what I think is the "dark side" it goes without saying any fan or supporter either understands that "something" needed to change where Georgia football is concerned or continue on the same path for x number of years.

How does change come about? Buying everything that the "Group" in charge wants us to believe?

Going with a comment that Wartdawg made above in Post #69.

I hope they can overcome the issues, and I wish them the best of luck in their endeavors. I'll add this as well... I'm not just talking about Richt here. There are more issues than him.. I sometimes wonder if he is the problem, or just a symptom of a bigger one in the background.

If all on this board want to get down to brass tacks. kentdaddy, sadlerdawg, averagedawg and NC_Dawg were the originators of "real change". Not going back and pull everything up, I have read everything on Steve's board, goes back many years. The first to call our head coach out, NC_Dawg, that goes back further than any of us, he is the original member that openly and honestly spoke to the head coaching problem(s). Not that the members mentioned above did not give Mark Richt plenty of room to succeed, they did.

This is where I am at and have said it more than once. Richt, remain the "front man" for the "Group", just leave this young group of coaches alone to do their jobs. Don't make the same mistakes over and over that Bobby Bowden did, family/friends etc. Yes, Bobby Bowden was and is a "good man" today. He did not change and . . . . took him five years to return to FSU and acknowledge that those above him appreciated his service, but change was needed, with that change a very good football team has arisen.

These young coaches can and will breathe new life into Georgia Football. Change often means improving, not always, but often. How does one know if reluctant to try?

Back to this . . . .

Go Dawgs, Coach'em Up!

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds