Forum

GEORGIA hires new OC and OL coach

9 years 3 months ago #66262 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
Many of you have probably read the article below. Posting it because it covers a lot of what has been said on this board by some very observant football folks.

onlineathens.com/breaking-news/2015-01-0...ottenheimers-do-list

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66268 by Buc
Said this yesterday (1-9-15) in Post #60. Nothing that the rest of the folks on this board don't know or think of the present situation. Mentioned in a thread a few weeks back that if it comes down to a power struggle between the head coach and athletic director, my money sits squarely with the head coach. Richt has lots of contacts both with coaches and the media, result of being a head coach in the SEC for 14 years, beginning 15.

I believe that Mark Richt understands at this point that he has someone above him that is not "truly" on the same page. He certainly has many in the Nation that are not with him. Head coach is very good at walking a fence, has done that for far too long. Might be the 1.3 million dollar yearly wage that Pruitt just received means that he understands.

This thing that has been talked about, disgruntled coaches and administration officials is not over. Bet that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Picked this up from Seth Emerson's article.

So without prompting, Richt offered a public thanks on Friday.

"Just want to thank our administration and thank President (Jere) Morehead with the support and being able to bring in Brian, and being able to do some stuff with our staff that's important," Richt said. "So I wanted to make that clear."

That omitted athletics director Greg McGarity. Even so, Richt was asked if the recent contracts had allayed any concerns he's had with support from the administration.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One comment that sticks with me was in the media speak during the Belk Bowl. Simply put . . . . Mark Richt was not in a good mood. More and more it appears (to me) that the head coach did not appreciate McGarity not making an effort to keep Mike Bobo.

Sometimes you mess with the bull, you get the horns.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 3 months ago #66269 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
Buc was mullimg the same point this morning...a least 3 different interviews CMR spoke of

His appreciation for Mooreheads proactive role with the necessary raises to his staff and

Making it possible to offer CBS No flowers for the AD. Sounds like Scrooge was put in

Timeout. Wondering if Sir Michael spoke or Moorhead and the group acted by themselves

Beating the phone lines heated up with HC thinking about leaving. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 3 months ago #66271 by Buc
yankeedawg1, you and I have had conversation about what basically comes down to the Group and what their reactions will be to turmoil.

You were a business leader for many years, you understand that there are going to be someone in the pipeline that is going to be too impressed with their "status".

Call it like I see it. Head coach kicked the athletic directors butt. I believe that. That I think was proven by the attitude of the head coach, spoke about that earlier.

My major concern now is along this line . . . . You and I along with others have said exactly what is in bold type below. The person that said this, have to believe is reading this board, or the light has gone on. This comes from the ajc by the way. Bill's column. High fives to the poster.

David Rosenberg writes: The most important hire on UGA’s staff hasn’t happened yet. Georgia has always had great skill players. However, Georgia has struggled year in and year out to build depth, experience, and CONSISTENCY on the O-line. The loss of Will Friend is a much bigger loss than many people realize or are willing to admit. So who will it be? I think I’ve been the first to recommend that Richt and Schott raid the NFL one more time and pull Mike Tice out of Atlanta and bring him to the Classic City. (I can dream, can’t I?) In any event, whoever takes over the offensive line will have tons of experience and talent in Theus, Kublanow, Pyke, and Houston. Wynn will most likely fill in the vacancy left by “Boss” Andrews! Whoever leads them needs to bring leadership and a nasty streak.

No where and I mean no where have I seen Isaiah Wynn being mentioned as the next center at UGA . . . . except on this board and that was prior to him leaving high school.

Isaiah Wynn has a serious attitude (nasty) and have also said this . . . . reminds me of Ben Jones, (nasty) one of my favorite offensive linemen, maybe ever in Athens. Now playing guard for the NFL Houston team.

Rosenberg uses the word "depth", knows of what he speaks. That plain and simply is what Pruitt is doing with the defense. Head coach needs to spend more time on the internet, there are some that understand the "arena". David Rosenberg does.

Here is a Hudl clip. I have placed this video on this board before, way back when, and as I "like" to say, never hurts to take a second look. :)

Smart, and will cause SEC linebackers "nasty" problems. He does not back down.

www.hudl.com/athlete/1208883/highlights/31240375

More
9 years 3 months ago #66272 by Buc
yd1, went back and read your last post. Sometimes I do that because I try and answer anything that is asked of me, did not do that in my post above.

I believe that McGarity faced off with Richt and lost. I also believe it came from the Group which gets a lot of their "guidance"(?) from the IMG group that has too much control over our football team in partnership with M&M.

Anyone that thinks that McGarity can do as he pleases with Richt, wrong. McGarity's butt would hit the street before Richt's. That is as it is.

Something that I like about Richt . . . . he finally said enough is enough, as he did with the reporter/radio dude when the head coach came back on stage and was willing to kick a certain butt.

Say it again. Head coach is going nowhere. Just stay out of the way, allow the coaches to do their jobs. Truthfully a bit dissatisfied after watching the video of the Schottenheimer hiring, head coach definitely has control over Schottenheimer. Not a doubt in my mind. Different situation with Pruitt/Rocker. Fact. Pruitt had one foot out of the door, the Group stepped in.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66275 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
Rob Sale is going to be the new OL coach.

Rob Sale, who played at LSU and then served on Nick Saban’s coaching staff at Alabama, joined McNeese State as the Cowboys’ offensive line coach in February 2012 and was promoted this past summer to co-offensive coordinator.

He constructed an offensive line in 2013 into one of the best in the league despite having two players switch from the defensive side. Three of the five starting linemen earned all-conference honors - Arinze Agada (1st team), Quentin Marsh and Nick Gorman (honorable mention). Agada was named the SLC’s Offensive Lineman of the Year, earned SLC All-Academic honors, was named a FCS ADA Academic All-Star, earned first team All-Louisiana honors, and was named to four postseason All-America teams (Associated Press, Sports Network, College Sports Madness, Beyond Sports Network).

The 35-year old coach is a native of Monroe, played high school football at Neville High and college ball at LSU where he was a three year starter in the offensive line.

Sale, who earned his degree from LSU in 2003, had served on the Alabama football staff from 2007-11 and was a member of two national championship teams (2009 and 2011). Among the positions he held with the football team were those of weight room assistant coach and offensive video analyst.

He had launched his coaching career in 2006 as the offensive line coach at Catholic High of Pointe Coupee and joined Alabama in 2007.

As a player at LSU, he played in 35 games with 25 starts, starting all 13 games in his senior year of 2002 at right offensive guard. As a junior he saw starting action at both center and guard when the Tigers won the SEC title and he played left guard as a sophomore, starting the final five regular season games as well as the Peach Bowl. In high school he was an all-state selection as both a junior and a senior at Neville.

He and his wife Amanda have two sons, Tripp and Briggs.

The Sale File
Year at McNeese: first (joined in February of 2012)
High School: Neville HS
College: LSU
High School Athletics: football at Neville High School
College Athletics: four letters and three year starter on the offensive line at LSU... a member of the SEC championship team of 2001... played in 35 games with 25 starts.
Coaching Career: 2006, offensive line coach at Catholic High of Pointe Coupee; 2007, Alabama, weight room assistant coach and offensive video analyst
Married: wife is Amanda
Children: sons Tripp and Briggs

Courtesy of UGA Sports Communications

ATHENS
McNeese State University co-offensive coordinator and
offensive line coach Rob Sale has been named offensive line coach at the
University of Georgia according to an announcement Saturday by UGA head
coach Mark Richt.

"We're excited about the addition of Rob as our new offensive line coach and
look forward to the contributions he¹ll make to our program," said Richt.
"I firmly believe he¹s going to be the perfect fit for Georgia."

Sale joined the McNeese staff in February, 2012, as offensive line coach and
was promoted to co-offensive coordinator in the summer of 2014. Prior to
serving on the McNeese staff, he held positions as strength and conditioning
assistant coach and offensive analyst from 2007 to 2011 at the University of
Alabama. While at Alabama, the Crimson Tide won two national titles in 2009
and 2011.

He had launched his coaching career in 2006 as the offensive line coach at
Catholic High of Pointe Coupee in New Roads, La. Sale is a native of
Monroe, La., played high school football at Neville High School and college
football at LSU where he was a three year starter in the offensive line.

"This is a great opportunity and I¹m ready to hit the road recruiting this
week," said Sale. "Top priority will be to see as many recruits as possible
and help finish up this 2015 class. At the same time I'm also looking
forward to meeting and getting to know our current players. It's an
exciting time to be joining a program with such a great history and
tradition."

In 2014, the McNeese offense averaged 32.4 points per game, 396.5 total
yards per game, 221.9 yards per game rushing and 174.6 yards per game
passing.

Sale constructed an offensive line in 2013 into one of the best in
the league despite having two players switch from the defensive side. Three
of the five starting linemen earned All-Southland Conference honors - Arinze
Agada (1st team), Quentin Marsh and Nick Gorman (honorable mention). Agada
was named the SLC's Offensive Lineman of the Year, earned SLC All-Academic
honors, was named a FCS ADA Academic All-Star, earned first team
All-Louisiana honors, and was named to four postseason All-America teams
(Associated Press, Sports Network, College Sports Madness, Beyond Sports
Network).

As a player at LSU, he played in 35 games with 25 starts, including all 13
games in his senior year of 2002 at right offensive guard. As a junior he
saw starting action at both center and guard when the Tigers won the SEC
title and he played left guard as a sophomore, starting the final five
regular season games as well as the Peach Bowl. In high school he was an
all-state selection as both a junior and a senior at Neville. Sale earned
his degree from LSU in 2003.

He and his wife Amanda have two sons, Tripp and Briggs.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, sflanagan21

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds