Forum

GEORGIA hires new OC and OL coach

9 years 3 months ago #66214 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
Buc, I really believe that Shotty is going to look at all 4 of our QB's through the G game with an open mind. Now with that being said I don't think for one second that FB has a shot at ever starting or playing at UGA on Saturdays. I also don't see him sticking around at UGA for 2 more years knowing that he won't be playing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #66217 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
Buc, Who can forget Kenny Stabler, glass knees and all?

I'll take the heart of a winner over all the talent in the world.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 3 months ago #66218 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
sflanagan21, you are right in what you are saying. Think about this . . . . your post describes exactly what has been going on prior to Brian Schottenheimer being hired. Every year we get the coach speak about an even playing field. Simply not true.

There is no way that Faton Bauta was given a fair shake when looking at what happened in the G Day Game. No way did Ramsey improve that much in that short period of time to push Bauta to the back of the pack, so to speak.

For sure looking at Ramsey's appearances in must situations in 2014, no way Bauta could not have been better. Know that the Spring Game is a glorified practice, and that also concerns me. Ramsey was clearly far behind Bauta in the Spring Game stats.

As soon as the press heard and saw that the coaches were going to elevate Ramsey over Bauta, the name Bauta almost disappeared immediately from their columns. Again, saving their seats in the Butts-Mehre Building. The head coach had spoken.

Cannot believe the amount of time and energy that Faton Bauta put in that he was treated this way by a supposed great offensive minded coordinator and head coach. My opinion, the wrong coach went to Colorado.

My words about Faton Bauta are the same they have been since his arrival on campus. Give the young man a fair chance. Anyone telling me that Faton Bauta has a fair chance this Spring, hang around through Spring practice, we have much to discuss here. Said that. Good Lord willing, I will show up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66219 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
averagedawg, so glad that you have returned. Know you have been busy, probably a good thing. Appears that we are heading into another year of wait until next year.

Not against Schottenheimer. Also not going to be fooled into believing that he will run the offense the way he wants to. Know this, have read a lot about Brian and his stops in New York and St. Louis. Thought I was reading clips about what many Georgia folks were saying about Mike Bobo.

grantham was hired and I was all for that, and there were some others that welcomed him. After doing the full case study, fired in Cleveland as defensive coordinator, released as defensive line coach for the Cowboys, turned down by the Saints. Now on his second college coaching job . . . . no offers from the NFL. Just saying this because seldom does a NFL coach want to do the living room duties recruiting high school players demand. grantham hated doing that.

Can hope that Brian Schottenheimer can come back to the college scene and find it to be an ok place . . . . Saban did, and for the record, Saban's return to college football increased college coaching salaries because of his return. I said that. Anyone doubts that, check the numbers on college coaches before and after Saban's return . . . . except for one head coach that got minimal raises from his Athletic Director after 2010. Guess who?

averagedawg, the Snake was incredible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66220 by ReservoirDawg
Replied by ReservoirDawg on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
Just watched a video on Bauta and the kid is impressive ! :woohoo:

Unfortunately, being as he looks more like a "roll out" passer that can run the read option.
He'll never get a fair shake under CMR.

Best we can hope for is he doesn't transfer to Auburn to run Malzahn's offense. Reminds me alot of a slimmer Tebow with a better arm. He's not afraid to pull the ball down and take off either.

We all know CMR is Anti-Athletic QB :angry:

DM<
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, sflanagan21

More
9 years 3 months ago #66221 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
Terry Godwin is no secret but I have a feeling that this kid is going to be something VERY special...

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds