Forum

GEORGIA hires new OC and OL coach

9 years 3 months ago #66241 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
sflanagan21, went back and read your post #44.

You coaching quarterbacks, understanding where and when a ball can be tossed into a "certain area" of the field. Even if on occasion a pass play works against a talent like Terry Godwin, still takes us back to stats. How many times will the offensive coordinator chance that?

Beauty of Terry Godwin as you say, can play virtually anywhere, both offensively and defensively. If I am running the team, guarantee is if Terry Godwin is playing for me, most of his time will be spent as that cover corner. As a coach I know that this frees up the "packages" I can use. Knowing that my best corner is going to be face to face with your top receiver, opposing coach has some "serious decisions" to make. One advantage turns out to be more than one advantage. You know, as do others on this board.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #66243 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
They wont.

Corners like Dion, Sherman.. others.. they don't blanket cover every receiver on every play, but they do it enough that they can force OC's to not even visit their side of the field.

Making an OC take half the field away from his own game plan is a tremendous weapon. If he could be the type of guy that could develop that well at corner, I would like to see him there.

I think he could be more impactful there, but I don't know how he himself feels about what position he prefers.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66244 by Buc
Wartdawg, one comment that Terry Godwin made when asked about Mike Bobo leaving UGA and taking the job at CSU. Impressed the heck out of me.

Based off Bobo’s character and coaching ability, Godwin knew it would only be a matter of time before a school snatched up Bobo to become its head coach.

“I knew it was coming sooner or later,” Godwin said. “He’s a great guy and an excellent coach. I mean, who wouldn’t want to play for him? He’s just taking another step up the ladder.”

Not judging Bobo's abilities, lauding Godwin's answer. A mature answer. More to this young man than football.

My guess is that Terry also made his bed before heading off to school.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
9 years 3 months ago #66245 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
"My guess is that Terry also made his bed before heading off to school."

Lots of good comes from learning responsibilities at a young age.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #66246 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic GEORGIA hires new OC
Buc, you and wartdawg have said all that needs to be said about Godwin. I will add this, he will make an immediate impact when he pads up you can believe that Brotha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Wartdawg

More
9 years 3 months ago #66248 by Buc
sflanagan21, I am envious that some of you folks got to watch Terry Godwin play. Now I will get my turn if everything remains the same, believe that will be the final outcome. :)

More
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds