Forum

GEORGIA hires new OC and OL coach

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #66528 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic GEORGIA hires new OC and OL coach
Said a short time back that I would revisit the Offensive Coordinator hiring.

Reading what was said in the press conference by Mark Rict, along with platitudes, head coach said this and . . . .

Richt said the college trend toward spread offenses "limited" his search.

''There wasn't a massive amount of candidates at the college level, quite frankly, who do the things that we do.''

This in my opinion is why there are times when our head coach should be careful with his words. It is almost like Richt had to hire Schottenheimer.

Here is hoping that Schottenheimer is more than a "limited" offensive coordinator.

Do I doubt that Schottenheimer can teach x's and o's, nope. I know of high school coaches that can and do still teach the pro style . . . . one should not "limit" their searches to college and the NFL.

Teaching the x's and o's are one thing, recruiting these young players is another. Believe it has been mentioned more than once that Pruitt's recent high school background in coaching has paid off on the recruiting trail.

Then there is this concerning our NFL hire grantham, signed on with Louisville, now he is interviewing with the Oakland Raiders for the defensive coordinators job. Many say he will leave Louisville and pack his bags for Oakland.

Personally, don't put a lot of stock in hiring "everyone" that happens to have coached in the NFL. Again, Pruitt has not coached in the NFL, seems his coaching background is better suited to college football.

Just throwing things against the wall, never know some stick. Said before, more to college football than Saturday afternoons.

thecrunchzone.com/todd-grantham-favorite...raiders-dc-position/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #66531 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic GEORGIA hires new OC and OL coach
I didn't take CMR's comment that way.

He simply is stating that there aren't many Pro Style OC's at the college level currently because everyone is going to some sort of spread offense. It would therefore only make sense to look to the NFL OC's since the Pro Style is what they run predominately at the next level.

That wouldn't imply that Schott is limited imo....quite the contrary, UGA runs the Pro Style so Schott should hit the ground running.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, China Dawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds