Forum

IMPLOSION anyone??

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65706 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
Thanks for the information wlayton.

Believe that anyone who follows this board "close enough" should note that this problem has been addressed here, same ending, just worded differently.

Interesting to me that Mike Bobo had to leave Georgia before others stepped up and had a say.

Anyone remember the warnings about the "Group" that has been posted over and over on this board? Remember any of the posts about M&M? Remember any of the words about Michael Adams and his hands still all over the program? Remember the problems between Adams and Dooley? Look anything like a replay of the Adams/Dooley war? Remember being posted on this board about more to come?

Guess what? There is more to come. Prophet, no. Contacts, yes.

wlayton, thanks for the material, wish it had been here sooner, sometimes there are some of us that feel like we "bark" too much and are reminded of same basically through emails. Not that it hurts our feelings, it hurts to know that there has not been enough "backbone" in Athens to present the material you just posted.

This is what others have to say. Why is it that Richt has not stepped up, for example with the above information in this thread? When we talk insiders, does not get any closer to the inside than our head coach.

Makes me want another head coach even more, why? Mark Richt is sitting on millions of dollars that he has accumulated in the 14 years he has spent in Athens. Is it he wants more money or is it that he is not cut from the same cloth as some head coaches that stand up and face off with those that would be bullies?

For a long time there have been posts here and elsewhere about the need to hire a new head coach. There have been a few, especially on this board that say the problem is much deeper than the head coach. Warning signs have been posted on Dawgs.com way before any of this information came out.

Remember Nick Saban saying to Kirby Smart, take a good long look at Georgia before you consider the lateral move? Not much goes unnoticed in the coaching ranks, few secrets.

Anyone notice that this board also started doing this, trying to make a point, and now we see a few others copying? This was not started to be clever, it was intentionally done to prove what is being said above provided by wlayton's contact. There are some in the Dawg Nation that can not and will not be labeled "sheeples".

wlayton, I know that you have tried to be careful. Thanks again for the information. Change comes when like "pressure" is applied. The "Group" has bitten off more than it can chew if we believe what we post for others to read.

Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck . . . . Must be a McGarity Duck.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, fire_dawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65707 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
Buc, sounds like CMR may stand up and "face off" after the bowl game if McG appears to be at UGA for the long haul.

If CMR is fired he probably said his piece in McG's face.....if he leaves, it will be like the rest of the coaches reasoning.

Interesting to say the least. It will backfire on McG if doesn't back off.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65709 by Buc

wlayton wrote: Buc, sounds like CMR may stand up and "face off" after the bowl game if McG appears to be at UGA for the long haul.

If CMR is fired he probably said his piece in McG's face.....if he leaves, it will be like the rest of the coaches reasoning.

wlayton, trying not to walk on or hurt anyone. I have feelings like the rest of the folks that post here.

Before McGarity, our head coach was under Adams, Dooley and Evans. Our program initially moved forward, but even before McGarity came in 2010, Richt was not getting the job done. Maybe I should put it this way . . . . many were ok with the results of our head coach, others jumped ship when it did not improve.

What happened was the Adams group wanted to maintain control, so "he" Adams made the choice as to who would replace Evans. Carefully chosen and presented as the answer to all athletic department problems getting solved. How has that worked out? Adams hand picked Jere Morehead to be President of the University of Georgia. That is the power that Adams had, and still has.

It has to be understood that there is more to this than McGarity. McGarity is nothing more than a "front" for what is going on now, and will continue.

I remember these words that grantham used in his first press conference after taking the job in Louisville . . . . I now work for an Athletic Director that gets needed things done".

Did not mention Mark Richt one time in that press conference, but took a shot at the "real problem" facing the University of Georgia, a lower level problem, but grantham was not allowed in the area of Mahogany Row. Fact.

Anyone that thinks that Kirby Smart would return to Georgia under the present circumstances . . . . dreaming.

Where does that leave you and I, fans and supporters of the Red and Black? At the mercy of the "Group". Disney money now in the SEC and guaranteed money for many years to come. SEC Football will never be the same, and the back stabbers like some currently in Athens could care less.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
9 years 4 months ago #65711 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
"Where does that leave you and I, fans and supporters of the Red and Black? At the mercy of the "Group". Disney money now in the SEC and guaranteed money for many years to come. SEC Football will never be the same, and the back stabbers like some currently in Athens could care less."

Buc.. that also supports the case that the bureaucracy has become too ingrained and owes too many favors. College football is getting hurt. Our team. Big money flowing at the top and never trickles down.
It needs fixing and it looks like it is a top down clean the house out situation. Start fresh and we will get back on our feet sooner.

It's not fair to the people in the program or the fans. And wait till next year is pure BS.

I though I would never say this but the fans might need to boycott the program. Vote with their pocket book.

We will know soon.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

9 years 4 months ago #65712 by Buc
stevedawg, "they" are being "very quiet".

Several sites that never questioned Athens before appear to be ramping up, beginning to see the light.

There is no doubt that there are going to be more "inside" stories hitting the internet and we can be assured that the AJC will be chasing every particle of dirt they can find. In this case, might be a good thing.

"Pouty" is very good at looking under the rug. There is a "lot" of "stuff" under the rug and it will be out for all of us to see, shortly.

You said . . . . It needs fixing and it looks like it is a top down clean the house out situation. Start fresh and we will get back on our feet sooner.

stevedawg, this mess was created by? It has been going on for longer than should have been allowed. You said this and many on this board agree with the statement. I thought I would never say this but the fans might need to boycott the program. Vote with their pocket book.

While that won't break the bank, it will surely get the attention of those that need to be taken behind the woodshed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 4 months ago #65713 by Buc

wlayton wrote: Buc, sounds like CMR may stand up and "face off" after the bowl game if McG appears to be at UGA for the long haul.

wlayton, I sincerely hope that there is a "face off" and would love to hear the "true" results of what was said. Know that will not happen, never hurts to wish.

It has also been said on this board many times that should Mark Richt either leave or be fired, he would be employed immediately. That is a fact.

Important for those of us that have not been in the "arena" to understand that all is well and has been. Just our simple minds not knowing how "big time college football" should be run. Sad indeed.

Having some conversation off of the board concerning Dan Mullen. Foley did not consider Mullen for the job, much dislike between the two. Any attempt to bring Mullen to Athens would be a colossal mistake. It is being said that Mullen knows that Mississippi State cannot be his final head coaching job. Some seem to think that Mullen will end up in the Big 10. Seems there was a competitive "thingy" between urban meyer and Dan Mullen.

At this point who the heck knows . . . . not me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

More
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds