Forum

IMPLOSION anyone??

9 years 4 months ago #65773 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic IMPLOSION anyone??

sflanagan21 wrote:

ogredawg wrote: I guess if being truthful is negative then call me negative. Keep being an apologist like the rest and waiting 2 years to have a chance at the NC. Speaks volumes on what is the thinking about our current players and that THEY have no chance at the NC until Eason arrives. Another savior for UGA football. To me that is NEGATIVE and hope the department store bowl is enjoyed by all...

As far as recruiting it was said that if Bobo goes so will the recruits...has not happened, and if cmr leaves I expect some recruits will go and that is the norm but to use that as an EXCUSE to keep cmr is just that an excuse....

btw was screaming for cmr to be gone long before you started being an apologist sf21..so keep poking and not being truthful never said one word about Strong...

Apologists? Who and what am I apologizing for? I'm merely speaking about Eason and our future recruits. Also where did I say that our current players have no chance of winning a NC? I give us a very good chance to win it all next season BUT I know with Eason we will win at least one! You seem to like to put words in other peoples mouths and twist things to make you sound and look better.

said the THINKING are these players aren't good enough to win...the excuse is that if cmr goes so goes Eason and then thinking that we would not be good enough to win a NC without him and the recruits YOU say are dying to play with him...glad you have such knowledge of what the entire states of GA, S.C. N.C. and FL. high school players are saying...so you are a HS OC big deal...I know I am really impressed...twist no words what so ever you do not THINK the players we have now cannot win a NC...that is what I think I see in you statements and we cannot win one unless we have Eason and you Guarantee a NC within fours years of him signing his LOI...not only are you a HS OC (again impressed) but you are Physic also :whistle:

The EXCUSE now if cmr goes so goes Eason and all the recruits worth anything...that is being an apologist

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65775 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic IMPLOSION anyone??

ogredawg wrote:

wlayton wrote:

ogredawg wrote: I guess if being truthful is negative then call me negative. Keep being an apologist like the rest and waiting 2 years to have a chance at the NC. Speaks volumes on what is the thinking about our current players and that THEY have no chance at the NC until Eason arrives. Another savior for UGA football. To me that is NEGATIVE and hope the department store bowl is enjoyed by all...

As far as recruiting it was said that if Bobo goes so will the recruits...has not happened, and if cmr leaves I expect some recruits will go and that is the norm but to use that as an EXCUSE to keep cmr is just that an excuse....

btw was screaming for cmr to be gone long before you started being an apologist sf21..so keep poking and not being truthful never said one word about Strong...

Curiosity question.....do YOU really think the current team has a chance to win a NC in the next 2 years?

Only a "yes" or "no"

yes

Seemed to be a question to ogredawg. Guess I am not relegated to a one word answer. Probably could not use one word if I tried. So without starting a new anything . . . .

We have an offensive line that is basically starting intact. Only exception of course is Andrews, and that is a huge loss. Also, Coach Will Friend built some depth across the entire offensive line in 2014, with some talent headed our way in 2015.

Have what I believe to be one of the top receiving tight ends in the entire college world and believe his blocking skills are improving.

Chubb, Michel, Marshall and others returning for 2015.

Malcolm Mitchell if in top notch health, can beat any cover corner in the nation on certain days. By that I mean, it amounts to how the game is called. Running or passing, yes understand the stated philosophy in Athens is call a 50/50 game. Try taking that one to a National Championship.

Do not believe that the young man that appears to be the 2015 starter at quarterback is coming on board not knowing the existing playbook. Ramsey has shown arm strength that has not been seen in Athens supposedly since Matt Stafford was wearing the Red and Black.

Marshall Morgan returning kicker is rated as one of the very best in college football. If Collin Barber can get his head out of his butt, can boom with the best, and has shown that he can drop the football inside the 20 yard line.

Last and not least. McKenzie is one heck of a kick/punt returner. Not a team in the country that would not offer this young talent.

So, I feel this is fair. I have given a few thoughts on our offensive side of the ball. If you post or read this board, step up and go through the defensive side. Know football, prove it with your defensive talk. Don't, well . . . .

Will answer the question that wlayton asked. It however will not be entirely using one word . . . . YES, if coached to the player talent level.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
9 years 4 months ago #65776 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
Yes.....no hell yes.....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65777 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic IMPLOSION anyone??

ogredawg wrote:

sflanagan21 wrote:

Apologists? Who and what am I apologizing for? I'm merely speaking about Eason and our future recruits. Also where did I say that our current players have no chance of winning a NC? I give us a very good chance to win it all next season BUT I know with Eason we will win at least one! You seem to like to put words in other peoples mouths and twist things to make you sound and look better.

said the THINKING are these players aren't good enough to win...the excuse is that if cmr goes so goes Eason and then thinking that we would not be good enough to win a NC without him and the recruits YOU say are dying to play with him...glad you have such knowledge of what the entire states of GA, S.C. N.C. and FL. high school players are saying...so you are a HS OC big deal...I know I am really impressed...twist no words what so ever you do not THINK the players we have now cannot win a NC...that is what I think I see in you statements and we cannot win one unless we have Eason and you Guarantee a NC within fours years of him signing his LOI...not only are you a HS OC (again impressed) but you are Physic also :whistle:

The EXCUSE now if cmr goes so goes Eason and all the recruits worth anything...that is being an apologist

I hear you loud and clear there "internet cowboy"! You were one of those dudes that picked on his entire life and has to always sound tough and be right when typing on the web. If you ever want to have a real man to man discussion face to face then you just let me know sport. Because NO matter how I word it to you on here you just don't get it!

More
9 years 4 months ago #65778 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
Talent wise? Of course we have the talent to win a NC. We had the talent this year to be more than a 9 win team. We had the talent to be more than an 8 win team last year. We had the talent to win a NC in 07.

The question becomes, do we have the coaching staff to get us there. And I think we all agree its a big NO.

The talent is there, but talent has to be coached to WIN.

Our talent is being coached to finish with an 8/9 win season, and pull an 11/12 win season whenever our schedule becomes easy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 4 months ago #65779 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
Sflanagan21, do you honestly believe Eason will walk into Athens and win a title with Mark at the helm? And please don't think I'm attacking you, just trying to have a discussion.

Richt has had plenty of talented qbs come into Athens, still has zero titles.

What makes Eason different?

More
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds