Forum

IMPLOSION anyone??

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65741 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
Some very interesting reading! I do know this much for a FACT from a source that is pretty tight with Bobo. Bobo would have stayed if the right counter was offered (I know most already know that). Source also said that Bobo struggled with his decision to go to CSU but knew it was the right thing to do for his family and himself.

I ask my source who also played with Smart and who is friends with him if he has heard anything about Smart to UGA or if he has heard any rumors of Richt stepping down or being fired. He said, "all I know is that Richt wasn't happy that McGarity didn't counter for Bobo and he let Bobo know that as well". He said he hasn't spoken with Smart in a few weeks but that Smart would NOT tell him anything even if he was talking to UGA.

We chatted about the current situation at UGA and we both gave our scenarios on how we would "like" for things to play out. We both agreed that we wanted Richt gone but not until after Eason signed! It's a fact that if Richt does leave UGA then we are going to take a HUGE hit in our 15 and 16 class and we can kiss Eason goodbye! We do NOT want to lose Eason, he is special player that will bring us at least one NC. And Eason alone is why I think Richt keeps his mouth shut and his job. There is only one other coach that I can think of that could replace Richt and us still be able to hold on to Eason...
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, Buc, averagedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65742 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
YD hit it again... "Standby all stations."

Action is imminent. It could be anything. :whistle:

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65743 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
Been around long enough to see some of the same things being talked about that have been said for years in Athens and elsewhere.

Not a doubt in my mind that Eason has all of the necessities that are needed to run a pro style offense for UGA. Ranked the highest of any quarterback in the 2016 Class of recruits.

While Eason is a good place to start, there is much more to UGA's success than a great high school quarterback alone. Could easily point out the failures of such high rankings in high school athletics as well as college and professional. Not knocking Eason's talents as seen by those that are closest to him and those that "actually" deal with more than putting a star beside a players name.

Here it is again, coming from the same board member that refuses to drop the position subject.

We lost one coach that had more to do with this years success than most others. Will Friend. Hear all of this talk about the next offensive coordinator, that is ok in its place, but would expect more from those that follow UGA football closely to understand the missing link under the "Richt Plan".

Anyone wonder why new CSU Head Coach Mike Bobo took the one coach of many that he has been around when accepting the CSU job? Mike Bobo and Jeremy Pruitt are close friends, but at this point Pruitt is staying. While Bobo might not meet all expectations, he certainly proved to me something that Richt has not understood for most of his 14 years . . . . don't give a hoot how good the quarterback or running back is, nothing happens without that offensive line.

Give me an outstanding offensive front, a good not great quarterback and I will win more games than a great quarterback with a mediocre offensive line.

Pretty simple from where I sit. Either the offensive line is "all that" or the defensive schemes being run this day and time will eat the offensive team alive.

Comes back to what most fans want . . . . lots of hoopla from the media. Want it or not, the media plays to what their readers want to hear.

Personally, more concerned about the next offensive line coach. That has not been the case in Athens for 14 years. Fact.

Just a thought or two from someone that has been around football for a spell.

Question. How has Alabama done with great offensive linemen and quarterbacks that are not labeled great or can't miss?

Check this article out. While all of these young men are very good football players, wonder why we don't see any offensive linemen mentioned. Yes, I understand that it usually takes a while longer to develop offensive linemen. That sticks in my craw also, offensive linemen not referred to as "skill position players". What normally takes most offensive lines to gell is actually being "skilled" enough to learn the many "skills" needed to make the offensive back "regularly" show their skills.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2310458-geor...men-for-the-bulldogs

More
9 years 4 months ago #65747 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
Buc, as soon as the ink dried I knew Friend would be next. Playing QB my entire life, coaching QB's and being an OC I know the importance of a good offensive line, believe that! Friend has done a great job and he will be missed. My point is if Richt is not at UGA next season then we can say goodbye to Eason and that will start a trickle down effect in recruiting that will set our program back for many years. If we hold on to Richt and keep Eason and the players that we have coming in BECAUSE they want to play with Eason then there is a good chance we win a NC in the next 2 years (Chubb will be a big part of that as well) and that puts UGA in a great spot to move on without Richt.

We are on the verge of something really special at UGA and maybe Bobo wasn't a part of the plan, it was unfortunate that we lost Friend but causalities like that are going to happen. Call me a sheeple or whatever you want but I know football and I can see what's going on here and from my perspective the future looks bright...
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 4 months ago #65749 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
Two sided talk coming out of Athens....

One is that after the bowl game, CMR is walking.

The other is after the bowl game, McGarity is walking.

Probably neither happens (remember, I'm a contrarian) but that is the talk my friend is hearing.

Btw, heard Lilly is calling the plays in the bowl game.

Also agree with sflanagan21's last post. The recruits the staff has lined up is pretty impressive....have to like it with Eason in the mix. He can carry a team just like Winston has done (please, without the problems).

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65751 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
We have been on the verge of "something special" the last 10 years....same crap was said when Stafford came on board...Eason ain't even here and we are on the "verge"...crap is crap period....

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds