Forum

IMPLOSION anyone??

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65758 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
Well, heck, nevermind, let Saban have him.

Wasn't only talking about Eason or 2016-2017 classes....

If this staff implodes, you don't think most of our 2015-2016 recruits don't move on?

Hey WAIT....this talk was flannigan's comments.... :unsure: :unsure: ;)

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65759 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
Tons of respect for you Buc, as a matter of fact you were the reason why I joined this board a while back after spending a few years prior just reading like a lot of people do. I enjoyed reading your posts and respected the depth of your knowledge of not only UGA football but football in general. My comment that you highlighted in bold black wasn't directed to you but to the board in general. I'm a very optimistic but logical thinking Dawgs fan but sometimes I let my optimism get the best of me, I can live with that though. But I never go to a fight thinking I'm going to lose no matter what the odd's are stacked against me! Just like sitting here today I think if we land Eason then we will be on the verge of something special and we will win at least one NC in the next 4 years. Call it what ever you want ogredawg I couldn't care less what you say or think my man!

Like you Buc I think a new HC is needed at UGA, I've said that for many years. Hell I was screaming for Strong to come take over but that was shot down on this board by someone, I'm sure it was ogredawg! But if we can keep Richt then we will keep Eason. Eason is very special a once in a decade or so player that changes the game in a big way. Richt can't even screw up the tangibles that this kid brings to the table but we need Richt to land Eason! The fact is that a lot of kids that I know personally want to play along side Eason. Stafford was good but Eason is going to be GREAT and whether you believe or see that is up to you ogredawg! I'm not tooting my horn but I follow HS football like it's a religion and I first watched Chubb as a sophomore and I stated on this board long before most even heard of Chubb that UGA better offer this kid. I'm going on record right now saying that if Eason stays committed then UGA will win at least one NC during his tenure. Eason is the real deal and yea ogredawg we are on the verge of something special if he stays committed and if you can't believe in that and your university then why don't you find another team dude. Your the most pessimistic UGA fan I've ever heard speak. I enjoy the info and real football talk that I get from this board but sometimes the negativity gets out of control.

It's been a pleasure being a part of this board over the years but I'm a very passionate person in general and it's hard for me to come on here and read some of the negativity that is being said about our university. Do I want better than 9 and 10 win seasons, hell yes I do but at the same time I can see that we are heading in the right direction and you all will too very soon. I'm not going to visit this site again but when your all screaming and shouting when Eason (if he stays committed) and company brings us a long overdue NC just take the time to take a shot for sflanagan21...

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 4 months ago #65760 by wlayton

ogredawg wrote: just tired of the cmr apologists talking about what if's and saying 2 years from now we will be winning the NC...what is this 2 year crap anyways...what about NOW....sez a lot to the ones who decided to stick around now doesn't it...

losing Friend was hard but hopefully we can replace him with someone just as good...I know we can replace Bobo and NOT ONE of this years commits have said they are going elsewhere...that was just more crap from the apologists...either you commit to play for the G or you don't...I want players who WANT to be here and give 110% for the TEAM...if you do that the awards and the $$$ will follow...

I want players that WANT to be here too but don't think many of the TOP players care as much about the school's logo as in the past. MOST are focused on the NFL and the best way to get THERE. Big programs need the top recruits....

Heck, recruit Duke's players, I'm sure they would give 110% and want to be a Dawg.

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65761 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
There is no doubt that many would leave, and am not in total agreement that we will not lose some that say they are coming to Athens if our head coach remains.

What did Nick Saban and Kirby Smart do . . . . turned the Alabama program around in what . . . . two years.

Replacing Will Friend in my opinion will be a lot harder than maybe some believe. This is the first year (2014) that I have watched a group that wanted to play for their offensive line coach in a long time. From all that I know, Coach Will Friend is going to remain with the team until the Belk Bowl is over. Tells me this, a coach that has great respect for those that he has worked with, gotten to know and will show his loyalty to them in Charlotte. That is the last I understood the game plan to be, might be it has changed and I have missed it.

Talk was/is being made about Coach Will Friend in charge of the running game, how did that turn out . . . . not talking down on McClendon, Bryan does not coach the offensive line.

Anyone that believes that good or great offensive line coaches just fall out of the sky, we don't really need to get into that. Why? Don't ask me, confer with Nick Saban and other successful coaches.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65762 by wlayton

sflanagan21 wrote: Tons of respect for you Buc, as a matter of fact you were the reason why I joined this board a while back after spending a few years prior just reading like a lot of people do. I enjoyed reading your posts and respected the depth of your knowledge of not only UGA football but football in general. My comment that you highlighted in bold black wasn't directed to you but to the board in general. I'm a very optimistic but logical thinking Dawgs fan but sometimes I let my optimism get the best of me, I can live with that though. But I never go to a fight thinking I'm going to lose no matter what the odd's are stacked against me! Just like sitting here today I think if we land Eason then we will be on the verge of something special and we will win at least one NC in the next 4 years. Call it what ever you want ogredawg I couldn't care less what you say or think my man!

Like you Buc I think a new HC is needed at UGA, I've said that for many years. Hell I was screaming for Strong to come take over but that was shot down on this board by someone, I'm sure it was ogredawg! But if we can keep Richt then we will keep Eason. Eason is very special a once in a decade or so player that changes the game in a big way. Richt can't even screw up the tangibles that this kid brings to the table but we need Richt to land Eason! The fact is that a lot of kids that I know personally want to play along side Eason. Stafford was good but Eason is going to be GREAT and whether you believe or see that is up to you ogredawg! I'm not tooting my horn but I follow HS football like it's a religion and I first watched Chubb as a sophomore and I stated on this board long before most even heard of Chubb that UGA better offer this kid. I'm going on record right now saying that if Eason stays committed then UGA will win at least one NC during his tenure. Eason is the real deal and yea ogredawg we are on the verge of something special if he stays committed and if you can't believe in that and your university then why don't you find another team dude. Your the most pessimistic UGA fan I've ever heard speak. I enjoy the info and real football talk that I get from this board but sometimes the negativity gets out of control.

It's been a pleasure being a part of this board over the years but I'm a very passionate person in general and it's hard for me to come on here and read some of the negativity that is being said about our university. Do I want better than 9 and 10 win seasons, hell yes I do but at the same time I can see that we are heading in the right direction and you all will too very soon. I'm not going to visit this site again but when your all screaming and shouting when Eason (if he stays committed) and company brings us a long overdue NC just take the time to take a shot for sflanagan21...

GO DAWGS

Good post sflanagan21.....agree about the too much negativity as well, relentless at times, but great forum none the less.

Hang around, enjoy your insights and positive realistic feedback.... :)

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65765 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
I guess if being truthful is negative then call me negative. Keep being an apologist like the rest and waiting 2 years to have a chance at the NC. Speaks volumes on what is the thinking about our current players and that THEY have no chance at the NC until Eason arrives. Another savior for UGA football. To me that is NEGATIVE and hope the department store bowl is enjoyed by all...

As far as recruiting it was said that if Bobo goes so will the recruits...has not happened, and if cmr leaves I expect some recruits will go and that is the norm but to use that as an EXCUSE to keep cmr is just that an excuse....

btw was screaming for cmr to be gone long before you started being an apologist sf21..so keep poking and not being truthful never said one word about Strong...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

More
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds