Forum

IMPLOSION anyone??

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65752 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
sflanagan21, as usual you make very a good point. While I have never directly pointed to my exact "football background" will hit some of what I think of as "highlights" of my time on the gridiron.

Played quarterback in high school, also played both ways, which was not unusual in the 1950's. On defense I played linebacker. My high school coach, Al Jeffrey, have mentioned his name more than once on this board, played for Georgia in the early 1950's. Last year on the Georgia team was 1946, which if anyone checks the record for that year, a pretty good football team. Just for the record, he lettered, that meant a lot to those who played both high school and college football. Will add this. Coach Jeffrey allowed me to call plays, I was even then a "student" of the game.

After high school football felt that my Country might need my serices, volunteered even though I was being looked at by Auburn University. The head coach at Auburn then was Ralph “Shug” Jordan. He was not the person that called on me, much of the talk at that point was through my head coach. One thing that actually made up my mind to enter service was looking at what Coach Jordan had done prior to becoming head coach on the Plains. He was one of over 150,000 men who stormed the beaches of Normandy. That had a big influence on me and how my life would progress.

Next I served in different places in the Navy. My last duty station was NAS Atsugi, now it is NAF Atsugi. Both played and coached football there. My Navy/Marine Corps team played the likes of an Army team from Korea (1st Cavalry), Air Force from Tachikawa, and others. The players that made up all of the service teams had both college football players along with high school graduates.

In my spare time, loving the game as I do, would get on the Japanese train and make my way to Yokohama, Japan and coach in a league for young men who were there because their parents were in the service. Enjoyed that so much, and it left a lasting impression on me toward the way young folks that played football absorbed everything that myself and my coaches had to say.

Enough of that, have no doubts about your credibility sflanagan21, have said so to you. It is pretty easy to separate the "real stuff" from the "BS" when it appears in different places on the internet. Another reason that this is the only board that I post on. Said it before, say it again, several very knowledgeable football people post here. I am not easily fooled, and I don't allow myself to be pushed aside. Thank you Coach Al Jeffrey, and indirectly Ralph "Shug" Jordan. First and last time that I think this needs to said, pertaining to myself. Lots of stories on this board.

I will know a lot more about what actually has happened soon enough, all of us will. What just occurred to our Red and Black football team will not remain silent. There will be many issues that we have now that someone within the program will have answers for. I, again speaking for myself, want "answers" not the "fluff" that is beginning to appear from those that don't appreciate what some of us that have been around for a while have a "right" to know.

You said this, in doing so I am not understanding the full meaning of what you mean . . . . Call me a sheeple or whatever you want but I know football and I can see what's going on here and from my perspective the future looks bright...

To that I say this. That is one of the main reasons that I read what you have to say. Your perspective is just as valuable as mine or anyone else that posts here. Again, the beauty of Dawgs.com. Does not have to be a piss fight, it is exchanging thoughts about a program that all here care about. That is exactly what I did when I again mentioned the offensive line. Will say this again. Don't fix or recruit hard for the offensive line, better have a damn good defense if you are going to match up in the SEC.

To the "Group" in Athens using this saying that is used often this day and time.

"Truth In Advertising"

Anyone on this board think that the site that has become the "unofficial site" for "our football team" is not ADVERTISING? Check their site out, they are after every damn dollar they can squeeze from us.

Want to make me and others happy? Hire a head coach that can produce a football team in less than 14 years with that would fall all over themselves to coach the talent that has passed through the Classic City. Tired of the "next year or year after excuse" because we have heard that for how long? Differing views make for good conversation, not pissing contests.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65753 by Buc

ogredawg wrote: We have been on the verge of "something special" the last 10 years....same crap was said when Stafford came on board...Eason ain't even here and we are on the "verge"...crap is crap period....

Hit the Thank You button on the above post . . . . Just finished my mile long thingy, and will say this again ogredawg. THANK YOU. Truth.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65754 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic IMPLOSION anyone??

ogredawg wrote: We have been on the verge of "something special" the last 10 years....same crap was said when Stafford came on board...Eason ain't even here and we are on the "verge"...crap is crap period....

I get it and understand your point for sure....not arguing your point at all.

Wouldn't want to lose half these coming 2015-16 classes though....and Eason is "all that", maybe better than Stafford.

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65755 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
When Eason signs the LOI then we can speculate if we are on the "verge" of anything...the only thing we are on the "verge" of is getting our a**ses handed to us in the department store bowl...not interested in what if's 2 years down the road....the future is NOW not 2016/17..better to hold onto the recruits we have coming in this year than to worry what a 16 year old kid that is 3000 miles away is going to do....

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, growl

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65756 by Buc
Going to ask this question. Who on this board has actually watched Eason play in a live game? At this point he is being promoted as the best. Many things can happen between now and the time he signs his LOI.

Is it worth making serious concessions with our coaching staff to retain his services?

Another question. Who will be the quarterback coach for UGA if he does sign on with UGA?

Am I to believe that Mark Richt remaining is the sole reason for our program to be exposed to one player?

We can have some serious conversation here on this subject.

Edit: Appears you and I are on the same page ogredawg, and at the same time. Same "stuff" different year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, ogredawg

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65757 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
just tired of the cmr apologists talking about what if's and saying 2 years from now we will be winning the NC...what is this 2 year crap anyways...what about NOW....sez a lot to the ones who decided to stick around now doesn't it...

losing Friend was hard but hopefully we can replace him with someone just as good...I know we can replace Bobo and NOT ONE of this years commits have said they are going elsewhere...that was just more crap from the apologists...either you commit to play for the G or you don't...I want players who WANT to be here and give 110% for the TEAM...if you do that the awards and the $$$ will follow...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, averagedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds