Forum

IMPLOSION anyone??

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65766 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
Interesting article below.

Some "open thoughts" by the author.

I pulled this from the article below. I have mentioned before that one of the main problems with FSU and Bobby Bowden was too much family involvement.

So who's coaching the quarterbacks with Bobo gone? Jon Richt, a quality control offensive assistant, and Doug Saylor, another quality control staffer, were with the quarterbacks. And Mark Richt was hanging around as well.

I questioned Richt bringing his son on board, and now I see that he is being elevated, so to speak. Might be a good step forward, just does not sit well with me after seeing Richt doing too many of the same things that Bobby Bowden did. Some know how that turned out.

www.macon.com/2014/12/26/3499731_georgia...servations.html?rh=1

Was glad to read that Coach Will Friend is giving UGA one last effort. Feel the offensive line will play their butts off for Will Friend against Louisville. Respect from the players to their coach, respect from the coach to his players, ending in 2014. Not the respect, the association with one another. Team building. Going to miss Friend.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65768 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic IMPLOSION anyone??

ogredawg wrote: I guess if being truthful is negative then call me negative. Keep being an apologist like the rest and waiting 2 years to have a chance at the NC. Speaks volumes on what is the thinking about our current players and that THEY have no chance at the NC until Eason arrives. Another savior for UGA football. To me that is NEGATIVE and hope the department store bowl is enjoyed by all...

As far as recruiting it was said that if Bobo goes so will the recruits...has not happened, and if cmr leaves I expect some recruits will go and that is the norm but to use that as an EXCUSE to keep cmr is just that an excuse....

btw was screaming for cmr to be gone long before you started being an apologist sf21..so keep poking and not being truthful never said one word about Strong...

Curiosity question.....do YOU really think the current team has a chance to win a NC in the next 2 years?

Only a "yes" or "no"

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 4 months ago #65769 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic IMPLOSION anyone??

ogredawg wrote: I guess if being truthful is negative then call me negative. Keep being an apologist like the rest and waiting 2 years to have a chance at the NC. Speaks volumes on what is the thinking about our current players and that THEY have no chance at the NC until Eason arrives. Another savior for UGA football. To me that is NEGATIVE and hope the department store bowl is enjoyed by all...

As far as recruiting it was said that if Bobo goes so will the recruits...has not happened, and if cmr leaves I expect some recruits will go and that is the norm but to use that as an EXCUSE to keep cmr is just that an excuse....

btw was screaming for cmr to be gone long before you started being an apologist sf21..so keep poking and not being truthful never said one word about Strong...

Apologists? Who and what am I apologizing for? I'm merely speaking about Eason and our future recruits. Also where did I say that our current players have no chance of winning a NC? I give us a very good chance to win it all next season BUT I know with Eason we will win at least one! You seem to like to put words in other peoples mouths and twist things to make you sound and look better.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65770 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
Coach Richt can land the flashy recruits but he sure as hell has no eye for the guys in the trenches,
Said it before, say it again, he is no Nick Saban, does not work the hours required to do the job.
Some might get tired of the Alabama comparisons but they have set the bar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg

More
9 years 4 months ago #65771 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
If Richt couldn't win a national title with Murray and Gurley, I doubt he will ever win one.

Talent hasn't been an issue in Athens.

We have the talent to compete with anyone, maybe not win a national title, but we sure as hell have the talent to not get blown out by a 6 win Florida team that was one loss away from firing their coach.

I've never been one of those fans that demand a national title every year, but I think 14 years is long enough for someone to at least PLAY in the title game, with the talent we bring in every year.

Don't get me wrong, I want Richt gone, but if what wlayton posted is true, and this crap is actually going on in Athens....

Reminds me of politics, GM would be a good fit in D.C.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, averagedawg, ogredawg

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65772 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic IMPLOSION anyone??

wlayton wrote:

Curiosity question.....do YOU really think the current team has a chance to win a NC in the next 2 years?

Only a "yes" or "no"

yes

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds