Forum

IMPLOSION anyone??

9 years 4 months ago #65734 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
I support anything that gets Richt out the door.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #65735 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
sadlerdawg, absolutely not.

Best I remember both you and I thought McGarity could have made a difference.

Call it like it is, I have made some bad calls on this board, McGarity was one of them.

Think you know that I have been in agreement with you 99% of the time. Nothing but respect pal.

One of your qualities in my eyes is the fact you call it like you see it.

What a bummer of a site this would be if we were like some others that don't seem to have "backbone".

Think we both know that the "Group" will now try to protect what they have relied on for many years. Can already see "small movement" from the public relations arm in Athens.

Situation is different than it was a short time back when there was a lot of "hot seat" talk going on. Not just this board, the entire media was all over Richt and the result was Willie lost his job. Hiring a replacement turned out to be quite an ordeal. There is much more involved this time around, it appears that the entire football program is coming apart at the seams. We often use the word leadership on this board, or lack of and we know how that has turned out.

grantham left, no one went with him, other than disgruntled players that needed to leave. This time, totally different. Some of the beat writers know much more than they are saying, but one thing we can rely on, all of them want to hit the internet with what is not being said before the Belk Bowl. After the game, all hell will break loose. Winning or losing will not make a difference, there is a much larger story to be told, and it will be.

I am not the first to say this, but I agree. The time has come to make meaningful changes in Athens, that involves more than the head coach. Richt needs to move on, might surprise us, but have seen nothing thus far that indicates him leaving.

Will pass this along, there is chatter down this way that Miami would love to have Mark Richt return. Lots of talent in South Florida and they are looking for an image adjustment. Would be a good move for Richt and a good move for Georgia. Have to add this, McGarity ain't going anywhere, he is protected by those that have ruined college football for many.

After the Belk Bowl, again there will be fireworks in Athens, to many it will look like the Fourth of July.

Hoping that our football team can find their way through this, no doubt that it will affect play . . . . one way or the other.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, sadlerdawg

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65736 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
Buc and YD1 said a lot in their last two posts. This old Dawg has seen this many times in his long and storied career.

Crap flows downhill. Ironically the hill is the Row north of the athletic complex. Picture that.

The answer is always the same. There are only 2 choices.

1.Either the crap producers win and the program suffers as they die a long and suffering death.

2.Somebody over them gets tired of the crap and cleans house.

Crap will hit the fan soon. It will either be shiny trinkets or change.

And Dawg fans continue to be patient and wait.And pray.

Edit: Buc thanks for nominating me as leader. I respectfully decline. I am but one of the pack. The opinions are just my opinions. But being a computer guy I am just using logic. It sometimes looks so clear I just have to share it. But, do not for one minute think the athletic program runs on logic.
If the leaks describe the way it is then the bureaucracy is too ingrained, owe too many favors and are trying to control the program.
I stick to my logical deductions and a possible out comes based on plain old probability.
I rest my case.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg

9 years 4 months ago #65738 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
To me the solution is simple.
Hire Kirby., announce it after the playoffs, Smart would have it no other way.
With Kirby as head coach, no need to worry about recruiting, the defense or whether JP stays or leaves.
The offense will be alright.
Defenses win championships.
Do you see Saban questioning Kirby Smart's calls?
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, sadlerdawg, sflanagan21

More
9 years 4 months ago #65739 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
Also, Smart would energize and unite the fan base.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg

More
9 years 4 months ago #65740 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
Bowl game or not... quite. Way way to quite to me it means what going to be said needs to wait until after games is played

Curious. not a peep out of CJP...... nobody rallying around the HC. Our AD quite. Mumble from HC that

Pool of candidates deep to replace CMB. Recruits holding. Blah blah. Standby all stations

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds