Forum

IMPLOSION anyone??

9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65793 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
While I won't discount those elite talents, Peyton Manning never won a NC.
A player named Tee Martin took our nemesis to the promise land.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65794 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
I feel the Row is running around figuring out how to cover each other (favors owed) and make themselves look like they know what they are doing (ego).

Winning games has become a secondary goal while they posture and try to sound like they know what they are doing.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

9 years 4 months ago #65795 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic IMPLOSION anyone??

stevedawg wrote: I feel the Row is running around figuring out how to cover each other (favors owed) and make themselves look like they know what they are doing (ego).

Winning games has become a secondary goal.

Appears that some have not bought into the Row's way of doing business. While some will remain as always, the number of folks that are "making a list and checking it twice" is growing.

Good point on Manning, averagedawg. Believe this is right, Manning never beat the gators. Lost to the gators 3 times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

More
9 years 4 months ago #65796 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
It remains incredible to me that a program with so much potential seems to fall short every year. I was glad to see Richt when he came, and think he started well - a big improvement on Goff and Donnan. But then he disengaged, and the team suffered. I think he's been trying to recover the past few years, but has shown that the game has moved beyond him.

Mixed feelings about Bobo leaving. I did not agree with making the Dawgs his learning curve, but he has turned into an asset for the team. Also appreciate his long loyalty to the team and wish him good luck out west. I expect we'll see him back in the SEC down the road. Also sorry to see CWF going. He has turned the O line around. Buc, you are dead on right that we need someone outstanding at that position.

If there is a showdown going on between CMR and GM, then all I can say is shame on the program. Someone needs to be the grown-up here.

Would love to see a new quality head coach come in and get this program going. But reality is what it is. Doubt that will happen. In that case, our best case is replacing the staff with guys like CJP and letting CMR recruit, do paperwork, and leave the OC and DC to call the games. Sad, but true.

Sf, you make a good point about Eason. Unless you are Saban, you generally need an elite QB to make a run at the NC. We lost three games with bad coaching decisions, but I think two of those could have been salvaged by a better QB. I don't think Murray would have lost to SC or the bugs this year.

Appreciate the knowledge and passion on this site. Also appreciate the courtesy (which should be more common in society today). Hope you all enjoy a prosperous new year, and hope the Dawgs and get their act together.

let's start by sending TT back to KY with his tail between his legs. Or better yet, maybe he can run over and try to yell at CTR. That would be fun to watch!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, averagedawg, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65799 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
Really good read rockdawg. You don't post a lot, but when you do it is quality work.

Had just finished typing what I am going to post below. Hope that this is not out in left field, trying to have some fun, but . . . . I think along these lines.

Just as sflanagan21 sees and recognizes talent in Eason, I think I recognize talent that gets down to common sense. A fun thing for me, but there is some serious thought on my part when saying something like this.

Comes a time when this old fart likes to look at Georgia Football and throw what I consider thinking outside of the box.

Aaron Murray is going to have a hard time in the NFL getting a lot of playing time, several young prospects in college that are heading to the League and will be drafted in the higher rounds.

What better person to become the Offensive Coordinator for Georgia at this time. I know, I know. Will not happen.

Go a step further, AM has a solid background in college football, proven leader. Actually ran the offense for Georgia whether anyone wants to believe that or not, especially his last two years. Only quarterback that I can remember that was allowed to change plays "any time" in the game.

AM took the game seriously, and the entire team, both offense and defense had his back, period. Leadership.

Went to two different camps while at Georgia, camps that prove his total involvement in being the best he could be, in turn helping those around him to improve also.

Aaron Murray not only played football at Georgia, he took his studies seriously, just as serious as he did playing between the Hedges.

Make a long story short . . . . If I were in charge in the Classic City, would think in that direction. Any name that is mentioned as offensive coordinator in the future, in my mind would fall way short of the name Aaron Murray.

As far as the monetary side of him doing “such a thing” . . . . would probably be hired elsewhere with the folks that now make such decisions in Athens.

As far as doing things the “Georgia Way” . . . . If I were selecting an offensive coordinator that I believed could get us to the next level, Aaron Murray would be my choice, and it would change the phrase to read . . . . doing things the “Right Georgia Way”.

I know, makes too much sense . . . . Right?

Edit: First paragraph in your thread rockdawg is more than "spot on".

It remains incredible to me that a program with so much potential seems to fall short every year. I was glad to see Richt when he came, and think he started well - a big improvement on Goff and Donnan. But then he disengaged, and the team suffered. I think he's been trying to recover the past few years, but has shown that the game has moved beyond him.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, averagedawg, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 4 months ago - 9 years 4 months ago #65800 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic IMPLOSION anyone??
Buc, Just a note on one thing you said. "Only quarterback that I can remember that was allowed to change plays "any time" in the game. AM took the game seriously, and the entire team, both offense and defense had his back, period. Leadership."

QB important role. Drawing plays in the dirt during the huddle makes sense sometimes.

Added: Yes on the Richt stuff. Grand entrance, some good work, then whatever it is he is doing now. If he has been disengaged by the Row holding back money... then.. well you know how fans and the team feel about that.

Still waiting on the other shoe to drop.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds