Forum

An Honest Evaluation Appreciated

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64431 by OldSouthDawg
Replied by OldSouthDawg on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated
I am a CMR supporter I know that's not popular right now. I really am disappointed ofcourse that we haven't got a NC by now. I truly believe if they had not let CBVG get away so soon we would have won one. I believe D wins championships. When CMR was calling the plays and CBVG was calling the D we were on track for one. But I also believe to win a NC you must have Luck. Every team that wins has LUCK with them. Such as auburn for a great example the game against us and Alabama. We have been very close to one just 5yds short. And on the 5 this yr against SC reminded me of that game and another bad play call in the red zone by Bobo that cost us. I think now that CJP is here plus the incoming talent we can overcome Bobo and with some luck win one before CMR retires . It took a lot of coaches as long or longer to win their first NC but believe me I do understand yalls frustration. Last week really frustrated me. And the whole gurley thing has been a nightmare that overshadowed what could have been. But I always will love my DAWGS GATA

Once A DAWG Always A DAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64434 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated
With all due respect.. luck-schmuck. It wasn't bad luck managing the clock last week and Richt is and has always been responsible for assembling a competent defensive staff.

It finally took will Friend to bring CJP onto the radar.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64437 by OldSouthDawg
I mean you must have your team where you want them plus have luck. IMO our D came in this year with too many holes to fill after suspension and players leaving. Last week all the luck in the world wouldn't have helped we were physically whipped in the trenches. My point is if you look at every NC team they all have had that game or 2 during the season that got them there where they look back and say WOW we were lucky the ball went that way or what have you. The Dawgs D still has work to be done this yr. I do believe CJP can build it. Also I think we should go ahead and rotate QBS to get experience for next season .we are on the brink here with chubb and Sony coming back. We just Need a killer Defense and win can win one.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64438 by OldSouthDawg
IMO CMR biggest mistake was hanging on to Willie way to long. He wasted a lot of talent over those years and in today's world people don't have patience like they did in the past with coaches and I get that. I just think at this point we stick out a little longer give CJP a chance with him to get it together. I don't want to end up like uf or ut. Plus I think if CMR leaves they will give Bobo the job and that imo would not be good.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64451 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated
When Auburn beat us last year, it wasn't luck. It was a poorly coached player making a bad decision and a bad play on a ball.
That was on us, not luck.

I understand that things just happen on a field but I do not believe that serendipity loves the state of Alabama and the SEC West and has a hate-boner for UGA and Mark Richt.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64452 by OldSouthDawg
I agree he was poorly coached we took grantham because it was anyone but willie at the time. Just using auburn for example of that season and the crazy things that happen I could bring other examples of championship teams and breaks but take to much time lol just saying was all. Imo we are closer to stay with CMR and let CJP coach up the D than starting over. No guarantee of who would come and if they would do better a lot want Kirby smart but them you look at muschimp a DC everyone thought would be a good HC. And I'm sure just knowing UGA that they will keep CMR until he is ready to go. And then I could definitely see CMB taking over as i said before. I just hope with a better QB and D we will get a championship in the next 2 yrs. I know that sounds like wait til next season and it's a broken record but it's just my opinion lol. GO DAWGS

More
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds