Forum

An Honest Evaluation Appreciated

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64375 by Buc
Going to start a new thread for this reason. Not often have I asked the folks on this board to read an article and then read most or all of the comments.

Buc sincerely hopes that the article below is read and commented on to see if you get the same "gut" feelings that I did.

Here again, if we look closely enough at the article, we see the author stepping out in the comment section with what I call "following the party line". Said in another thread on this board that the "Group" is out in force, protecting the head coach. Much of "their" survival rests with protecting the head coach. Believe that or not, it is the truth. Smooth talking sometimes relates to money in the bank. I said that.

One more point. Comments to the article prove that there are others out there that think like many of us do now and have in the past.

Got something to say, step right up, many did comment to the AJC offering.

ugafans.blog.ajc.com/2014/11/06/lessons-...acksonville-debacle/

Edit: Had to do this. One of many comments that I will probably end up pulling in this thread. Truth.

HistoryofMatt
1 hour ago

@DawgVoiceofReason @BillKing @HistoryofMatt Another person said it so much better than I:

Imagine what Saban, Meyer, Carroll, Kelly, Spurrier, Malzahn, Stoops, or other coach like maybe even Sumlin could have done with the 4th-most NFL talent over 14 years and the 4th-best state for recruiting.

Tell me they wouldn't have done more than Richt, and I'll tell you you're crazy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64376 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated
I'm sure Damian Swann is...."I'm kind of over the Florida game"....he's used to "getting over" getting beat about 20 times last year. It would (and will) take me YEARS to get over this loss to UF.....if EVER!!!!

Agree with BK's assessments on the problems etc with the game.

Us fans swing like a PENDULUM???...(well maybe a little)...I beg your pardon Bill but we have been led down the golden path so many times only to step off a cliff every year. I'm tired of getting my gut torn out every year.

While we as fans may get too high and too low/mad at times, don't sugar coat me like I'm 10 years old......at this point of 14 years, there should be no excuses with the program.

Oh Bill, btw, your blog is becoming pretty typical and expected every year just like our results.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, Wartdawg

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64377 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated
wlayton, took a little time out of my (retired life):) and went through the entirety of the column. Felt it only right to list what the "moderator" had said to this point.

This . . . . in my opinion, not humble opinion, my heart felt opinion . . . . shows how the press works to sell "their" opinions to those of us that are "too damn smart, having been in the arena" to agree with. They don't understand that what they say might come back to bite them in the butt. Wartdawg has had the keyword since arriving at this site . . . . Excuses, not accepted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BillKing moderator
5 minutes ago
@Dawgsandbones9 Yes, exactly what I'm saying if you take the full context of what I wrote: coming out throwing and running from the start.

BillKing moderator
1 hour ago
@MAJ DAWG Good points. And I don't think the majority of fans and supporters expect Georgia to be in contention for the national title every year. There have been times when they came close and it didn't happen, for whatever reason (not enough substitution on the defensive line against Bama or whatever). And there have been times, like 2008, when they should have at least made it to the championship game and didn't. And that was a major disappointment and showed Richt not at his best. But because of the defense and the QB position, this wasn't one of those years when Georgia really should have been expected to compete for it all. I agree that Georgia has underperformed some years relative to the talent it had. As I wrote in Sunday's blog, there's a legitimate debate over whether UGA would be better off without Richt or not. That's not what I was blogging about today, however.

BillKing moderator
1 hour ago
@HistoryofMatt Age really has nothing to do with it.

BillKing moderator
2 hours ago
@HistoryofMatt Repetition and length of comment are not really keys to making a point successfully

BillKing moderator
1 hour ago
@DawgVoiceofReason @BillKing @HistoryofMatt Check elsewhere in this blog's comments. I have responded to the substance of his argument. But, unlike him, I'm not going to make my point over and over and over and over ...

BillKing moderator
1 hour ago
@HistoryofMatt @DawgVoiceofReason @BillKing Already done the Richt discussion in the previous blog. My comments in this one were about fans maintaining some sense of perspective. As I've said to Matt before (and this is the last time for this go-round), if you judge a program's success strictly by national titles won, you're bound to be disappointed most of the time, no matter who the coach is.

BillKing moderator
2 hours ago
@MesaDawg I understand your disappointment. I'm disappointed. And the inexplicable losses to teams like this year's Gators are very frustrating. What I'm saying, though, is two things: One, we got a bit ahead of ourselves in expecting this year's team to be of national championship caliber. The defensive situation alone made that nearly impossible. And secondly, this all-or-nothing approach to fandom eludes me. If Georgia somehow gets double digit wins this season, that's not a failed season! Lastly, fans jumping on things like Richt smiling or Conley's tweet thanking God is just ludicrous and shows fandom getting out of hand.

BillKing moderator
3 hours ago
@RuePaulJohnson In fairness, they were characterizing the way they thought the team as a whole, especially the defense, seems to have approached the game.

BillKing moderator
3 hours ago
@HistoryofMatt See, that last bit is where you lose me. Georgia may have been many things in recent years, but certainly not mediocre. Your stance seems to be: You either win a championship or it's a mediocre year. That's ridiculous.

BillKing moderator
3 hours ago
@HistoryofMatt @BillKing I disagree. And, unfortunately for you, no matter who is UGA's coach, you're going to be disappointed most years is that's your standard for success.

BillKing moderator
3 hours ago
@HistoryofMatt @BillKing I'm saying no such thing. Georgia is, of course, in the discussion every year because Georgia is a threat to win the SEC East every year, which automatically makes them part of the potential College Football Playoff discussion. Theoretically, even now they're still in it if they win out and win the SEC, though I tend to think the fact that Georgia's two losses are to teams having off years would hurt them with the selection committee. I'm simply saying that if you base your happiness as a fan strictly on getting to the national championship game, you're going to be disappointed most of the time, no matter who the coach is.

BillKing moderator
2 hours ago
@HistoryofMatt @BillKing Short??!!

BillKing moderator
1 hour ago
@DawgVoiceofReason @BillKing @HistoryofMatt In general, I agree. This year? I wasn't expecting any championship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Read the article, you will see how this BS works.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64378 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated
I know of a few fans who have not swung "pendulum like". And if BK and some of the commenters and other people I've heard equate us being unhappy with not winning the championship, they aren't paying attention.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, averagedawg

More
9 years 5 months ago #64379 by growl
Replied by growl on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated
I think along with a playbook CMR must issue to Bill King and the players a "Standard Answers for Problematic Questions" reference guide book. We keep hearing the same things time and time again. I'm thinking there must be a guide and they did'nt issue one to me, because the story never changes and the results are consistently the same old s---.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64380 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated

sadlerdawg wrote: I know of a few fans who have not swung "pendulum like". And if BK and some of the commenters and other people I've heard equate us being unhappy with not winning the championship, they aren't paying attention.

Not like days past when the newspapers could run the show sadlerdawg, now they either face up to reality or they continue believing that they are still able to maneuver the masses.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds