Forum

An Honest Evaluation Appreciated

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64619 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated

Wartdawg wrote: When Auburn beat us last year, it wasn't luck. It was a poorly coached player making a bad decision and a bad play on a ball.
That was on us, not luck.

I understand that things just happen on a field but I do not believe that serendipity loves the state of Alabama and the SEC West and has a hate-boner for UGA and Mark Richt.

Another one of those posts that brings me back to this . . . . Went to the vault because of the game Saturday between the Hedges. Some things are just hard to remove from ones mind.

Here we are facing off with Auburn again, this time in our stadium. I listened to and participated in some of the pre-season hype . . . . 2014. Mentioned in yd1's thread this morning that tomorrow nights game is another team that is ranked in the top 10 nationally. Our head coach has not had a good record against ranked teams. With our talent, whether real or not, hard to imagine losing when the point spread is in our direction.

Our preparation for Auburn did not start a week ago. Pruitt has had this game in his "vault" for some time. No excuses, from either side of the ball. This is a game that I truly believe in the words . . . . "Coach'em Up". Like this statement or not, our head coach has not been very good at "coaching us up" in this type of game. Close does not count.

www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/go...arlie-brown-20140915
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wartdawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64630 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated
This is the difference between good and great.

As Buc said.. close don't count.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 5 months ago #64631 by Buc
Watched Gus Malzahn's presser. Have to say, not surprised, don't mean this post to be anything other than what it is.

Gus mentions playing against Pruitt on more than one occasion since his return to Auburn. Little attention paid to our head coach. Again, that is only passing along what Gus Malzahn had to say.

Malzahn knows that Pruitt has prepared for him as best he can.

What I like about Gus mentioning Jeremy, knows that it will be different than 2013 and a grantham coached defense. grantham gave Malzahn a hard row to hoe, but . . . .

If Rocker has his players ready for Auburn, the same way he had Auburn ready for Georgia when he was coaching them, game is going to be one heck of a "Dawg fight" between the big men.

Point trying to be made, a good leader looks at "all possibilities" and Pruitt and grantham are different types of coaches. From where I sit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64641 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated
I have been really busy this week, a good thing.
I can truthfully say that I don't know what Georgia team is gonna show up.
After last year's insult, that shouldn't even be an opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64644 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated

averagedawg wrote: I have been really busy this week, a good thing.
I can truthfully say that I don't know what Georgia team is gonna show up.
After last year's insult, that shouldn't even be an opinion.

I definitely believe we will show up and play crazy hard. If we lose, I don't think it will be from lack of effort or preparation for this game......especially with our leader back on the field.

Great having you back averagedawg! :woohoo:

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64646 by Buc
averagedawg, while you were busy elsewhere, there have been some really knowledgable posters come on board. Don't have to call them by name, but they are a plus to this site.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds