Forum

An Honest Evaluation Appreciated

9 years 5 months ago #64388 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated

wlayton wrote: I'm sure Damian Swann is...."I'm kind of over the Florida game"....he's used to "getting over" getting beat about 20 times last year. It would (and will) take me YEARS to get over this loss to UF.....if EVER!!!!

Again... in my opinion, this all reflects on the attitude that comes from our head coach.
There are more important things than football as he is fond of pointing out, and I guarantee you his mantra is you forget about it and move on. That's one of those "more important things" he stresses.

wlayton wrote: Us fans swing like a PENDULUM???...(well maybe a little)...I beg your pardon Bill but we have been led down the golden path so many times only to step off a cliff every year. I'm tired of getting my gut torn out every year.

While we as fans may get too high and too low/mad at times, don't sugar coat me like I'm 10 years old......at this point of 14 years, there should be no excuses with the program.

Oh Bill, btw, your blog is becoming pretty typical and expected every year just like our results.

Aaaaaaaaaaaamen.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64389 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated
"BillKing moderator
2 hours ago
@MesaDawg I understand your disappointment. I'm disappointed. And the inexplicable losses to teams like this year's Gators are very frustrating. What I'm saying, though, is two things: One, we got a bit ahead of ourselves in expecting this year's team to be of national championship caliber."

Jiminy Flippin Crickets...

No... I absolutely NEVER thought this team was NC caliber....

This is what I did think: This team was beat sorry USC and even sorrier UF caliber.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
9 years 5 months ago #64390 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated

sadlerdawg wrote:

Buc wrote: sadlerdawg said . . . . I know of a few fans who have not swung "pendulum like".

YOU.

Ooops, you figured me out, Buc...and I thought I disguised it so well! :laugh: :laugh: Although I'm not the only one.

One thing that I do know sadlerdawg, as much as this board has to say about the current head coaching mistakes, there are many out there that are just as loud or louder than we are.

IF . . . . for some reason we don't "finish the drill" in Kentucky, wonder what those in charge of the team and some of the beat writers will have to say.

I hope we get past Kentucky, deep down, not sure at this point. Not a doubt in my mind that we will have bruises when this contest is over, then get ready for Auburn. Also have reservations about Sony Michel returning. Crossed fingers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, sadlerdawg, dawgs_fans_dad

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64391 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated
Good find Buc. thanks.

I don't know of many people who think EVERY year is a NC year. And especially this year. But what keeps getting glossed over by "the group" is the non-improvement and non-consistency. The only thing that is consistent in the UGA program throughout the Richt years is that they will find a way to NOT FINISH THE DRILL!

Every year it is like watching Charlie Brown try to kick the football with Lucy holding. We all know what is going to happen. We just don't want to believe it will happen again this year. But it does.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, sadlerdawg, averagedawg, growl

More
9 years 5 months ago #64397 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated
Whether you came into this year thinking this was an NC-caliber team or not, before last Saturday there was a clear and very achievable path to the SECCG as a one-loss team. That right there puts you in the conversation and if you get past the West winner, you're in.

AND THEY CAME OUT FLAT AGAINST AN ARCH-RIVAL! What the bloody h%$l? Should NEVER come out flat against Florida even in an Outback Bowl year. Not ever. Even if they were playing in Ocala or Tifton in front of 30 people with radio only coverage.

The moderator completely misses the point. Perhaps intentionally?
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, averagedawg

More
9 years 5 months ago #64400 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic An Honest Evaluation Appreciated
The bottom line is Richt is an underachieving coach, comfortable in his own skin.
His mind is clearly not in the game.

As sadler has put it, he manages to bring his staff and players down to his level of incompetency.
He seems to take stock in making a point of being proud of his opponents' efforts.
A nice guy, probably.
A good coach, definitely not.

To hell with him.
I am sick and tired of his smug affect.
I am sick and tired of losing because of his performance.

We may win out but I will be fooled no more.
I am resolute in my disgust with the direction we are going.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, ogredawg, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds