Forum

Now What?

9 years 6 months ago #64262 by OldSouthDawg
Replied by OldSouthDawg on topic Now What?
Thanks steve, yeah I think uf circled the wagons kind of like we did for mizzou. We might have underestimated then went in thinking it was not going to be like in yrs past. It's hard to believe the team came in flat. I do believe CJP is who we have been looking for. I like him, I think he is an old school coach and I'm sure he is wearing them out at practice this week . anyway Go Dawgs

Once A DAWG Always A DAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #64263 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Now What?
I've just about gone too far with my anger. It's walking a fine line on the edge of being personal and over the top, and for that I need to apologize. I shouldn't let my desire to see our program be the best take my comments about a coach to a place ithey shouldn't go.

I wouldn't recommend however, a long post about how none of this can be attributed to Richt. Not quite ready for that:...

Just ask yourself this though:

Buc asked "now what?". We can't do it with Stafford, Moreno, and Pollack. We can't do it with the Todd Gurley's of the world. Aaron Murray? It doesn't matter. AJ.. all those D linemen and others in the NFL.. All the highly ranked recruiting classes.. Nope, not happening.

So knowing that fact... Is what we are enough for you or is it not?

Does Richt get the best from his teams? Ever?

Simple questions

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #64266 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Now What?
So, here we go.

After reading the entire article, went to the one comment made and . . . .

www.theblawghouse.com/content/i-support-...ational-championship

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #64268 by Wartdawg
You remember that part where I said maybe my reactions had gone too far, but that I still wasn't ready to hear anyone defend
Richt?

lol

That article is a joke in my opinion. Delusional and if it's an example of how our fanbase thinks then no wonder why we are perennially a 2nd class team.

After 14+ years Richt has finally laid the groundwork to be great somewhere in the future??

Come on fool... wake up and smell the coffee. He's had everything needed over the years except for the ability to make it happen.

It's sad that tools like that facilitate and enable our program's constant under-achievement.

I put that writer in with all the other bed-wetters whose fear of returning to the 90's keeps them satisfied with a consistency of "pretty good".

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, ogredawg, growl

More
9 years 6 months ago #64269 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Now What?
Sadly in my opinion Wartdawg, many who claim to understand football are as impressionable as some of the young football players.

I continue to look around the internet and what I find on many sites is the same material found in the blawghouse article listed above.

My biggest problem, or close to it is how the West side of the SEC continues to out perform the East side.

If we get down to brass tacks, there is a clear picture of what has happened over a short period of time and the gap in my opinion continues to grow.

The coaching changes on the West side of the SEC have had the same effect that our head coach had when he first arrived in Athens. Had some early success. New leader, at that point the other teams in the SEC did not really have a lot of history on this "first time" head coach.

The same thing in my opinion is occurring again. Gus Malzahn is a prime example of "change" and a lot of head coaches not knowing what to do with the Malzahn coached Auburn team. Spurrier did the same thing a while back when coaching the gators. Much as I hate to say it, urban meyer brought a different style of coaching to Gainesville and the gators made their way to two National Championships.

One of the points that I am trying to make is change does not necessarily cripple a program. That has been openly discussed on this board, more than once.

Question. Anyone believe that "real change" would have adverse effects on the Georgia program? Is it not reasonable to think that change on the offensive side could be a new beginning?

If we watch University of Georgia offensive video for the past 14 years, compare that to what we run offensively today, see any difference? Watch Auburn football 14 years ago, see any difference today? It is often said that Georgia has strong recruiting, can't disagree with that. Gets a bit easier to put my finger on what "I" believe to be the problem in Athens.

I have watched coaches like Mack Brown win at Texas, National Championship once, but the program was fast becoming a "joke". Call it anything we want, it was time for Mack Brown to hang up his cleats. Some of that appears to be going on with South Carolina's Steve Spurrier. From where I sit, change can be a very good thing. I will buy the "watch" to award at the departure dinner for the 14 years of time spent. Three more years of this, not my cup of tea.

Last thought . . . . too much "comfort" in Athens, need to understand what we saw in JAX is something that happens way too often with our team most years. At least three more years of 8/9 or maybe 10 win seasons. The 10 number is debatable.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #64270 by Wartdawg
Change is a funny word.

The opposite of "change" is to stay the same.

So those are your options folks:

Change, or stay the same.

Again my question to the fans is are you happy with what we are? In case you need a refreshing primer on that
you are talking about a team with a ceiling of 10, maybe 11 wins that will go at least a decade between SEC
titles (probably longer than that).

If you are happy with that, then so be it.

I'm not.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds