Forum

Now What?

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64163 by Buc
Now What? was created by Buc
Thinking a few hours later about the absolute butt kicking that we had in JAX yesterday, takes me back not one year, several years on a one by one count.

Reliving the same sort of things that we have seen over and over. A large portion of our coaching staff has changed over the years, but why is it that we seem to make the same mistakes, with different coaching staffs?

The Georgia/gator game always seems to bring out both sides of those that follow both teams. Living in Florida, it is like Mardi Gras in the Sunshine State with the gator win. Think yankeedawg1 said that it was a bit dreary in his area of the State of Georgia. Sure it covers all of Dawg Nation this morning and many mornings to come, that can be said for those that live outside the State of Georgia, and there are a lot of us.

There will be the Mark Richt forces out telling us that we are totally out of sorts with our feelings concerning the massacre in JAX. To be expected, that is the way the "Group" would like for it to be.

There will also be those that probably have a better understanding of on field performance than the folks mentioned above. Yes many of us have been in the "arena" and I might add, "coached" to better performances than so many that I have watched being lead by our current head master.

With the lack of performance that I watched being aired from JAX yesterday, this group in my opinion needs something more than *'s by their names. Have seen too many athletes pass through Athens and arrive in the NFL without accomplishing what "I" think they could have, should have in the past 14 years.

Yes I understand that we are not going to change our head coach, not so sure that we won't be losing current coaches and the roll over begins again in the near future.

So, to me the 2014 Season looks like several seasons I have watched and commented on. I sometimes use the term "Roller Coaster" and feel that it is appropriate to once again say . . . . Mark Richt as the head coach has us again on the "Roller Coaster" not the upside on the rails, the downside that makes most folks scream and holler. With the "Roller Coaster" returning to its docking station all is well. Our "Roller Coaster Coach" is back in the Athens docking station, and to some all will be better in the "arena" next year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64164 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Now What?
College football is like a roller coaster. No doubt.
My concern is the team I saw yesterday was not the team I saw last week or the week before.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

9 years 5 months ago #64165 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Now What?
I had the feeling when many were overly excited about Pruitt's hiring that his defensive staff, as good as they may be, would be tainted by richt, just as we saw with grantham. He forces coaches and players alike to adapt his character. As good as Pruitt and Rocker may be under a fiery, no nonsense type coach, they have allowed their squad, a la richt, to show up unprepared, again, and get shown up by a totally inferior team, and to quit.
richt quit on the team and coaches (and us as well) yesterday, and the team responded in kind. It is the richt trademark...his legacy.
I have had so many fans of other teams ask me why Mason is our qb--is he the best we've got? I just tell them no, but he earned his role by staying with the team and talent has nothing to do with who gets to play on richt's offense.
Now what, you ask??? Rinse, repeat, and get ready for next year. we have the whole offseason for the delusional dreamer UGA fans (and UGA higher ups)to feed us our excuses and explain why next year will be different and how we will be contenders for the NC again.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: fire_dawg, ogredawg

More
9 years 5 months ago #64166 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Now What?
There is no what now with this program.

We are what we are and that's all we will ever be under Mark Richt:

A nice 2nd tier program. Everyone just needs to accept it.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
9 years 5 months ago #64167 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Now What?

stevedawg wrote: My concern is the team I saw yesterday was not the team I saw last week or the week before.

"Richt happens"

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64168 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Now What?
Will say this. Not sure where Pruitt/Rocker's heads were yesterday. What happened on the field defensively was also a case of both coaches not having a feel for what was going on in JAX. gators continued to run the same plays, over and over, much like Auburn tends to do. Run those plays until they are stopped in their tracks.

One thing I did like was Pruitt stepping forward and accepting what happened as being his fault, lack of coaching. Last season under grantham, if a game went bad, it was the fault of the players. With the press, had his gum chewing, wise cracking smile and tried to intimidate.

If some of you have not watched the video below . . . .

The following user(s) said Thank You: OldSouthDawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds