Forum

Now What?

9 years 6 months ago #64230 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Now What?

NC_Dawg wrote: Yes, I believe he and another player (basketball) stole items from several on the FB team. Money, phones, iPads....

NC_Dawg takes me back to this. Was there no way that Marshall's situation could be handled differently?

You posted . . . . There are, in fact, countless examples during this 14 year period that make me question WHAT really goes on after the LOI's are signed!!

Posting that takes me back to some thoughts that I have had before. You also posted other things that I find to be troubling from where I sit.

Case in point about what were the coaches thinking about Marshall as a player. Had an outstanding high school career . . . . did not meet the requirements of our offensive coaches when it comes to quarterback play. Something like Moreno sitting, not playing. Recruiting players like Faton Bauta to play the quarterback position and relegating him to film study and bench warming.

Talent evaluations and clock management seem to be foreign to a couple of coaches on the offensive side of the ball.

As far as Pruitt/Rocker and Company, will watch what happens during his 3 year contract. Head coach recently given 3 year extension, think about that. Have come to the conclusion that working for the present head coach is not a good job selection. Will Friend did as I and others have said several times, saved the head coach from a lot of embarrassment by bringing in a "quick hire".

Anyone remember the head coach saying he was going to involve himself in the kicking game? Has not happened. Why make a statement like that, what is your background on kicking the football? Guess that was the time that McGarity allotted you when he took over . . . . coach football, get away from the administrative duties. Walsh left, went to the NFL and in one brief coaching session with a qualified kicking instructor became one of the best in the NFL. Quit the damn "pretending".

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #64231 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Now What?

Wartdawg wrote:

NC_Dawg wrote: Did they forget to mention what a great guy he was?....

No, but "that's where it gets complicated".

^^^THAT^^^ made me LOL, so much that the ladies in the offices down the hall had to come see what was so funny!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
9 years 6 months ago #64232 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Now What?
I have NO clue what they were thinking when they were evaluating....Strangely enough, many of the very same bobbleheads that were mentioning Todd Gurley as the Heisman front runner are NOW mentioning Nick Marshall....

Sad,........

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
9 years 6 months ago #64233 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Now What?
Richt could take the fire from hell and turn it into a rainy night in Georgia.
I truly believe his only concern is other worldly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #64234 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Now What?
Then the head coach opens up with this . . . . Defensive minded head coach that he is. Comes from Seth Emerson's column.

ATHENS - Georgia entered the Florida game ranked 11th in the country in run defense. After being decimated by the Gators, the Bulldogs saw that run defense ranking plummet to a tie for 47th.

They also dropped from second to eighth among SEC teams.

"I think everybody that plays us from here on in is gonna be saying: Let's run the rock," head coach Mark Richt said. "They'll watch that film and say: Hey, we can do that too. So we've got to get back to everybody playing good fundamental football, as far as pad level, using your hands, and playing the right gap, as far as being where you're supposed to be."

So what went wrong? A lot of things, but Richt's focus was on the inability to stop the runs to the outside. That was where the Gators got their long touchdown runs. Plus, f the Bulldogs had been able to do that, it could have forced Florida to be more one-dimensional in its play calls.

"You hear that term 'setting the edge.' Setting the edge means making sure whoever's in charge of containing a run from bouncing outside that he does that, and turns it inside to his teammates," Richt said. "We didn't set the edge as good as we should, especially in the second half. It really does come down to playing good fundamental football, and playing physical."

Nick Chubb carries the football six times in the second half . . . . Pass plays with the ball being tossed 5 yards distance wise.

Everyone it appears is in the "protection mode" mentioned above. Will be more than interesting listening to the head coach at his presser this week.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #64235 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Now What?
Marshall would of been playing CB at UGA.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds