Forum

Now What?

9 years 5 months ago #64293 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Now What?
TN Dawg, SEC Network has replay of Georgia/gator game on the tube now. Cannot bring myself to watch the replay. Makes my "eyes" hurt. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64294 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Now What?
You and me both, Buc. I have managed to avoid it and will continue to do so.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64295 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Now What?

TN Dawg wrote: Ramik, you know better. Coming out after the 2014 Season, NFL sees everything, remembers everything and drafts that way. To say that you/we were not ready to play, Pruitt said you folks had the best week of practice since he arrived in Athens. What?

I can't get past that fact. When I heard CJP say that I Said, "WWHHHHAAAATTTT"??? If that performance Saturday represented a good week of practice, I sure would hate to see the results of a bad week.

Just goes to show that coaches and players are not on the same page, bad enough we have it on the O side of the ball but yet again on the D side of the ball...I thought we got rid of the "clueless" problem when toddy left...guess not....

sigh

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64298 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Now What?

Wartdawg wrote: ... saying he didn't start processing that decision until UF was at 4th down and ready to let the clock run before punting is absolutely imbecilic for a person who has the title HC.....

Mind-boggling. I coached travel baseball until my son was 15. I was always thinking several innings ahead and ALWAYS going over different possible situations so that I knew what I wanted to do pretty much whatever situation came up.

EVERY offense these days tries to score if they get the ball with 1:10 and 2 timeouts. They at least try to bust a draw play or take a shot downfield.

My head almost exploded during this in the 4th quarter. Delay of game and then waste another 20 seconds before you run a play. 55 seconds between plays in the middle of the 4th quarter when you are trying to stage a furious comeback and everyone just sort of moving around like it was the G-Day game.

2-11-FLA23 (7:10) Hutson Mason rushed for 1 yard.
3-10-FLA22 (6:35) UGA was penalized 5 yards.
3-15-FLA27 (6:15) Hutson Mason passed to Michael Bennett for 20 yards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64299 by Buc
dawgs_fans_dad brings to mind our head coach making the statement that we have the best kicker in college football.

Missed one . . . . did that have anything to do with the way the clock was used? Would think in the time period you mention, could be close enough for another try. Too much "stuff" not taken into consideration and has been mentioned before, not the first time.

Thought this was McGarity's first change in the football program. Rid the head coach of outside "noise" and allow him to concentrate on football. Should not say this but . . . . our head coach was a second stringer while playing football, appears he is a second stringer trying to lead us to a championship of any sort.

Understand at halftime players and coaches break into groups and "plan" for the second half, has been that way as long as I have been around the game. Just do not and have not seen much of that in quite some time. Going to be hard to watch and read what happens from here on out in the current season.

Hoping that we do not lose a certain linebacking prospect from the Macon area to the gators because of our last JAX showing. He has been more than interested in the program in Gainesville, Florida. They put on a good show for him last Saturday. Can't say the same for the way we were not coached up.

Good post dawgs_fans_dad.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64302 by Buc
Playing Kentucky this Saturday at Noon. Thought occurred to me . . . . Head coach for Kentucky, Mark Stoops will be facing off against Pruitt, the man that replaced him in Tally. Should be a interesting "thingy" to watch. Someone wake our head coach up, this might be worth watching. :whistle:

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds