Forum

Now What?

9 years 5 months ago #64218 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Now What?

gillette wrote: Well folks, there’s potential good news that come from this extremely embarrassing loss to the worst Florida football team they’ve played in decades.

Muschump may very well keep his job now which is a good thing, right?

I can’t point my finger in any direction than coaching. The lack of preparation and just plain complacency our Dawgs showed Saturday can only be blamed on coaching.

After the fake field goal, it was like someone popped an old half deflated balloon that got caught in a tree. There wasn’t even a “POP” sound. Not much there to deflate to begin with in other words.

There was a total lack of fire and enthusiasm that can only be blamed on our coaching staff mainly CMR after 2 weeks of “preparation” if that’s what they call it.

Pathetic!

Beating hapless big game Richt once in 4 tries isn't going to save Muschimps job. Florida is a bad football team and Muschimp is a bad HC, and a victory over UGA in one of our patented wet the bed games isn't going to save him.
Pinkel laughed out loud when he heard we had lost to them because he knows how bad UF really is after his trip to the swamp...

Muschimp is a lame duck coach right now.

A lame duck that just handed Mark Richt his rear end in a can.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64219 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Now What?

Buc wrote: Maybe some have read this, if not work a couple of minutes and thoughts about the past and present.

blutarsky.wordpress.com/2014/11/03/stop-...look-at-the-disease/

Thanks Buc, I hadn't found that one! Good Read and spot on, as are many of the editorials written since Saturday's embarrassment. Funny thing I noticed on the AJC site, below the articles is a comment section, where MANY voiced their anger and "RIGHT ON QUEUE", the CMR Protection Crew was quick to shout down those that dare uttered a word contrary to the status quo!

Sadly, the ONLY way there will be any meaningful change, will be when the bottom line is effected....and I just don't see that happening...and IF it ever were to happen, we'll likely see a Richt Clone replace him. Firebrand type coaches are simply UNACCEPTABLE in Athens...CBV was this first example, CTG was the last....BTW: Anyone watch the defense of the Golden Domers?...There was a time,......long ago,........

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64220 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Now What?
So, now I look at what "will" happen, not what "should" happen.

The head coach is much like concrete, loosey, goosey when first poured. What happens a short time later is . . . . it cures.

The "Group" will do the same thing they have done for a very long time, wait it out, knowing there are many that fail to understand what the goal is.

Now the "Group" is bolstered in their position(s) with the M&M crowd running the SEC. M&M likes the head coach a lot. Often have him visit their facilities in Bristol, Connecticut.

They employ many "barkers". Ever notice when a "known" football coach, for whatever reason loses his job, many times picked up by Disney. They do not play the game of coming in second place, only one slot that they occupy and will continue to do so. Many changes ahead that many of us will not like, but . . . .

If Auburn comes to Athens and leaves with a win, keep our eyes on the "commit list". We will lose some if that happens.

Difference between Auburn and the gators, Auburn defensive back (at Georgia) turned into college quarterback with "wheels" can throw the football and will. Call it anything we want, Gus Malzahn is all about winning games, not souls. That is not ugly, that is football truth.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64221 by NC_Dawg

Wartdawg wrote: ...Pinkel laughed out loud when he heard we had lost to them because he knows how bad UF really is after his trip to the swamp...Muschimp is a lame duck coach right now....A lame duck that just handed Mark Richt his rear end in a can.

Saw that too! A major network televised our embarrassment, MuskRatz post game interview referenced the fact that the UGA side of the stadium was empty, while the UF fans were still loudly cheering, and Pinkel ices the cake on yet another network! It was a perfect, yet predictable storm!

Ahhhhhh, the life of the Dawg Nation....

Could be worse, we could be USCe! Anyone wanna wager that there will be a new coach in Cola LONG before we see one in Athens?

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64222 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Now What?
Seldom do I look over what is said in the AJC. On occasion I do, and here is one of the reasons.

The article below is exactly the way those in charge in Athens want the program to be looked at.

Author being a UGA graduate, again plays the "shell game" for those that follow him.

As Wartdawg likes to say, "No Excuses", the AJC article is loaded with slight of hand remarks that in the end puts the "fault" at every ones feet except the head coach. Plays a word game with his thoughts on the head coach, in the end, follows the company line. Plays the second and third party game, never gives a solid answer himself. Surprised, no.

ugafans.blog.ajc.com/2014/11/02/is-it-en...o-be-good-not-great/

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64223 by NC_Dawg

Buc wrote: So, now I look at what "will" happen,...Difference between Auburn and the gators, Auburn defensive back (at Georgia) turned into college quarterback with "wheels" can throw the football and will. Call it anything we want, Gus Malzahn is all about winning games, not souls. That is not ugly, that is football truth.

Well Buc, you JUST brought up one of the other points that haunted me this weekend.

I get that Marshall is a thug, but how in BeJesus Belt did our coaches whiff on this kids talent? Think about it,...had he been AM's backup, where would we be? We missed because we aren't looking for THAT kind of talent and instead chose to honor the patience of a 5th year bench warmer, affable enough, they thought, for their pro-style offense. Talk about tossing out the baby with the bath water!

Perhaps Marshall leaned toward thuggery because of what he was likely promised during that "fatherly" living room interview fell well short of what he believed he was worth....Take that one step further as it relates to Gurley...What in the world would compel such a blatant error in judgment? There are, in fact, countless examples during this 14 year period that make me question WHAT really goes on after the LOI's are signed!!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds