Forum

Now What?

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64184 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Now What?

stevedawg wrote: College football is like a roller coaster. No doubt.
My concern is the team I saw yesterday was not the team I saw last week or the week before.

stevedawg, read this post soon after you posted. Waited around thinking there might be some comments. My comment is that the team we saw yesterday is a repeat of 14 years under the current head coach. Anyone that doubts that is in my opinion, is entitled to their opinion, just disagree on facts.

Example, we have had many years that all we had to do was win one for the gipper. Problem was, not the players, the gipper failed to show up.

Happened again in JAX. The gipper was there, but the gipper and the players were not on the same page. Years of watching the same "movie" over and over.

While I am listing Notre Dame lore, seems Georgia could use some of this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64185 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Now What?

BullDawg2010 wrote: I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Pruitt, after my anger has supsided a tad from yesterday.

My problem is that the gators literally ran 3 plays all game long and we couldn't do anything to stop them. That falls on game preparation. Looked like I was watching a 90s game, but instead of the fun and gun it was the fun and run.

After re watching the game earlier this morning, once Florida went for that fake field goal, you could just see what was going to happen.

We have a 4th and 1 at mid field, elect to punt. Just baffles me, biggest game of the year. Yeah Florida has a good defense, but we just let them take the momentum of the game. Once again, coaches fault.

And don't get me wrong, I blame the players too. This is the second time this season where we had to get out of our comfort zone, face adversity. And for the second time we have FAILED.

Buc said this in the Florida game day thread "mentally weak". Agree

Also will say this, this isn't the first or last time we will see a mentally weak team, under Mark there will be many more to come.

The definition of insanity is doing the same things and expecting different results. Our athletic department needs to wake up. Muschamp beating us won't save his job, Florida demands better.

We should too.

fool me once shame on..well you get my drift.. same thing happens to the D twice in 8 games...bye week and Carolina kills the D....bye week and the gaytors kill the D...who is responsible for the D....why Pruitt is...not going to fool me anymore...he gets NO PASS from me...HIS D was unprepared BOTH times...no sir no pass from me I am done with the ENTIRE coaching staff...period end of story...

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64186 by Buc

wlayton wrote: Imo us running the pro style offense didn't cost us that game.....PHYSICALLITY lost that game.

Bama runs the pro style and physically kicked their collective butts.....LSU runs the pro style and beat them in Gainseville with a young team that was more physical.

We lost because we weren't "man enough"....they physically whipped us

Guess this post allows me to ask this question.

What has this head coach accomplished in 14 years running the pro style offense. Not one or two or ten games . . . . what has this coach mark richt accomplished with the pro style offense in 14 years? Believe that to be a honest, straight forward question wlayton.

What has Auburn done with Gus Malzahn calling the plays not running a pro style offense? Just simple, direct questions to the point of . . . . when is it that we can get into the final four, final two, final anything?

Want to pick and choose, let's go.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64187 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Now What?
I never liked bye weeks. The team you see before and after bye weeks are different and not always improved. Just different.
Sometimes when you take a bye week and work on something other than get ready for the next game you change the rhythm. Then you have a different team that needs to mature again. You might have fixed or made some small part of the team better but all the other working parts have to get used to it.

No matter what you did there is this problem...
Momentum is lost, focus drifts.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

9 years 5 months ago #64189 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Now What?
If I remember correct the last time we played in JAX before yesterday we laid a egg

Seems not to be HM's best stage. Enough stink to be shared all around

Defense on a vacation since halftime against the hogs

Grandson said this morning....seems Auburn has made a better deal with the devil than Ole Miss

At this point in time. Wild West will stay wild until the last weekend

KD.... one MS team has 2L. MSU turn ? Go Dawgs .....

Go Dawgs!

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64191 by Buc

BullDawg2010 wrote: I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Pruitt, after my anger has supsided a tad from yesterday.

My problem is that the gators literally ran 3 plays all game long and we couldn't do anything to stop them. That falls on game preparation. Looked like I was watching a 90s game, but instead of the fun and gun it was the fun and run.

After re watching the game earlier this morning, once Florida went for that fake field goal, you could just see what was going to happen.

We have a 4th and 1 at mid field, elect to punt. Just baffles me, biggest game of the year. Yeah Florida has a good defense, but we just let them take the momentum of the game. Once again, coaches fault.

And don't get me wrong, I blame the players too. This is the second time this season where we had to get out of our comfort zone, face adversity. And for the second time we have FAILED.

Buc said this in the Florida game day thread "mentally weak". Agree

Also will say this, this isn't the first or last time we will see a mentally weak team, under Mark there will be many more to come.

The definition of insanity is doing the same things and expecting different results. Our athletic department needs to wake up. Muschamp beating us won't save his job, Florida demands better.

We should too.

Bulldawg2010, we are on the same page. Also know that you above many others don't want to lose to the gators.

Many or maybe I should say "some" want to beat around the edges as to what happened yesterday. Pruitt said it well, gators kicked our butts.

Seem to remember saying earlier in the week before the game, gators are strong defensively, well . . . . what they did yesterday was expose our "under belly".

Throw in the towel on Pruitt, not in my camp. Pruitt has brass ones, not everyones type of defensive coordinator. Yesterday coming out and facing those looking for "something" . . . . admire him for that. Pruitt does not hide. He has in my opinion come into a situation that has not been the best for many coaches.

Said earlier that I "feel" a bit of a "rift" happening before too long in Athens. I do not believe that Jeremy Pruitt will buckle under to Mark Richt. I would lay odds out that Pruitt will not allow this head coach to maneuver him.

I am in the camp of ex-players like David Pollack that have some understanding of defensive coaching talent. David Pollack will say the same about Tracy. He bends for no one. This could very well be the thing that makes everyday problems more difficult for the head coach that is just too damn passive for me.

One person that posts here I have a lot of respect for, but I am not on board with releasing Pruitt/Rocker and Company. Have seen too many "good things" being accomplished to dismiss a first year defensive coordinator. Three year contract, what the hell, Richt has been here for fourteen years. Might be the head coach needs a "shove", however there is a "Group" heavily involved in Georgia football that will not allow that to happen.

We are a middle of the road football team until the "top gun" is replaced by someone that has fire in his belly, not a fire under his butt. Sound like someone we both know?

Stop with this . . . . Had not Jeremy Pruitt pitched his tent in Athens, want those that are expert or think they are to give me a different scenario. Richt needed Pruitt, not the opposite of that. Think about that. grantham walked. Thanks Will Friend.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds