Forum

Now What?

9 years 5 months ago #64193 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Now What?

Buc wrote:

wlayton wrote: Imo us running the pro style offense didn't cost us that game.....PHYSICALLITY lost that game.

Bama runs the pro style and physically kicked their collective butts.....LSU runs the pro style and beat them in Gainseville with a young team that was more physical.

We lost because we weren't "man enough"....they physically whipped us

Guess this post allows me to ask this question.

What has this head coach accomplished in 14 years running the pro style offense. Not one or two or ten games . . . . what has this coach mark richt accomplished with the pro style offense in 14 years? Believe that to be a honest, straight forward question wlayton.

What has Auburn done with Gus Malzahn calling the plays not running a pro style offense? Just simple, direct questions to the point of . . . . when is it that we can get into the final four, final two, final anything?

Want to pick and choose, let's go.

I'm simply saying that while CMR and staff may have been responsible for a lack of success, the pro style offense isn't WHY we haven't won a NC (it did win 2 SECCG's and been in 2 others).

Bama won 3 NC's with that style under Saban, uh, for me that gives it creditability right there....pretty good endorsement in my mind! AU won it with the pro style when Newton was there.....LSU won it with Pro Style as well etc

I'm simply saying it is MORE than the style of offense that is costing us the ultimate prize.

That said, even though I like the pro style, you can win a NC with ANY offensive style if you have great coaches that can teach, motivate and EXECUTE.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64194 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Now What?
Tough loss for the Dawgs. I didnt see this one coming...

Im not a real big MR supporter or anything, but you guys are some tough fans. UGA prolly has a 5% chance to win the national champ in a given year. This team didnt really have that much of a chance. Maybe every 4 or 5 years you have the horses and you have a 15% chance. Everybody wants to win it all just as much as you guys. Its like you guys think you should win it every year and when you don't its because of the head coach. Shet, its a competitive game!

I do not agree that you don't have a chance to win the nc with your coaching staff. I will agree it could be more likely if you had some guy like maybe urban meyer who will be okay with thugs being on the squad. Get a new coach and you still have a 5% chance in any given year. Who are you going to get? ns, um, and gm are not looking for a job. Maybe Butch Davis? Reading on usc sites they want to get rid of Steve Spurier and are calling him sos. Maybe he would be a good fit. I really do like him.

I had to work so didnt get to watch the game. Looking at the stats its hard to believe they ran the ball so easily. UGA had a lot of yards but not many points. QB passed for a lot of yards. Maybe they were junk yards after the game was really over.

I did hate to see you guys loose. Still might back into the east championship. Auburn is who i was thinking would be the toughest team you play. GTech is pretty good this year to even though they dont count in conference play.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64195 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Now What?
For me wlayton, it's not the pro style specifically. I think it just keeps being brought up to point out richt's unwillingness to change/adapt. If he had been running the spread for 14 years (while recruiting pro style qb's to sit on the bench)with the same results, I think people would be saying, "damn maybe we should try the pro set."
The game and players have evolved in the last several years, but richt refuses to adapt.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64196 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Now What?

sadlerdawg wrote: For me wlayton, it's not the pro style specifically. I think it just keeps being brought up to point out richt's unwillingness to change/adapt. If he had been running the spread for 14 years (while recruiting pro style qb's to sit on the bench)with the same results, I think people would be saying, "damn maybe we should try the pro set."
The game and players have evolved in the last several years, but richt refuses to adapt.

sadlerdawg, you have always understood. Some catch on sooner than others.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64197 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Now What?
This isn't rocket science. Coordinators have changed, but one thing remains the same.

We have terrible clock management because of our HC.

We our soft because our HC is soft.

We get out-prepared because our HC doesn't put the same effort into some other HC's do..

We get outsmarted because our HC is easy to outsmart.

We play players because of tenure instead of talent because our HC chooses to play it that way.

You can't have the exact same problems year after year after year after year after year without looking at the only common denominator.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64198 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Now What?
Seriously...

Our HC is so complacent that I don't think he had any idea that the desperate HC from the desperate team might attempt a trick play or two. This thought never crossed his mind even though he had just see the wind play havoc with his own teams FG attempt..

Then the end of the first half... time left and we need a lttle something and he lets 30 seconds burn before calling TO. So we just sit on it.. don't even really try anything.

We walked out there and did the exact same thing we've done for weeks, and hey... they had seen that movie. No one thought to maybe put in a Bauta wrinkle.....or anything. When it didn't quite work there was no plan B.

lots of other things wrong Saturday... but preparation and smarts were definitely two of them.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds