Forum

Now What?

9 years 5 months ago #64224 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Now What?
Didn't Marshall steal from his teammate?

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #64225 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Now What?
Saw that one too,....but stopped reading it as soon as the writer penned,...."that's where it gets complicated!"

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64226 by NC_Dawg
Yes, I believe he and another player (basketball) stole items from several on the FB team. Money, phones, iPads....

More
9 years 5 months ago #64227 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Now What?

Buc wrote:
ugafans.blog.ajc.com/2014/11/02/is-it-en...o-be-good-not-great/

What a crap article...

It's got it all: Richt does things the right way. Our rules are tougher. The refs cheated us!! The only name highlighted in bold print was the DC's. Golly gee.. we win most of our games!! What do you people want?

Blah blah load of dung blah.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64228 by NC_Dawg
Did they forget to mention what a great guy he was?....I didn't make it past the first few paragraphs!!

Here's another that I found...had to cut & paste,....sorry Steve!!

##################################################################

1st Seven years vs the 2nd Seven years

By Cory Brinson on November 3, 2014 - 1:00am

Let me be clear before I begin this article - I support Mark Richt. I think he will go down as one of the best coaches in the history of Georgia football. However, how Georgia lost to Florida - laying a huge egg with everything on the line to a team with an offense that was on life support - is definitely something that will get those ashes of the hot seat talk going again.

As I woke up Sunday morning, I asked some of my Bulldog brethren, "Do you believe Mark Richt can get it done at Georgia?" Their faces looked at me a little in disbelief as I have always been on of the aboluste most vocal supporters of Coach Richt. However, I continued, "Look... it is not fair for me to ask this question the Sunday after getting your tail kicked, but when you look at the facts over the last 14 years, can Mark Richt get it done at Georgia?"

Those facts are the ones I am about to lay out below. As many of you know, I am an analyst. I breakdown film and games - it is what I love. So, with a question like that, you have to look at the facts. For Mark Richt, his career can be easily defined by two periods of time 2001-2007 and 2008-2014 - two 7 year periods that tell a completely different story.

2001-2007 (72-19 Overall - 79% Winning Percentage)

These can almost be called the "glory years" of the Mark Richt era. 3 SEC Championship Game appearances, 2 SEC Titles, 2 Sugar Bowl victories and ranked in the top 25 to finish every season.

2001 (8-4) - #22 in the Nation | 4th in SEC East

Mark Richt started his career with Georgia with the best 1st year record at Georgia since 1920. Georgia lost 4 games, but 3 of those were to ranked teams - #3 Florida, #11 South Carolina, and #21 Boston College - and Auburn was #24 during their loss. Georgia did post a big win at Neyland Stadium and beat #23 Georgia Tech. Not bad for a first year.

2002 (13-1) - #3 in the Nation | 1st in the SEC East | SEC Champions

Arguably the best season in Mark Richt's tenure. Only loss came from #22 Florida at the hands of a crucial drop by Terrance Edwards. Georgia's 1st SEC Championship in 20 years.

2003 (11-3) - #6 in the Nation | 1st in the SEC East

Another 10+ win season and top ten ranking. Lost to eventual National Champion LSU twice (almost beat them in Baton Rouge) and to #23 Florida by 3 points. Not bad losses.

2004 (10-2) - #6 in the Nation | 2nd in the SEC East

10 win season with a close loss to #17 Tennessee in Athens and to undefeated #3 Auburn. Beat Florida for the first time in the Mark Richt era.

2005 (10-3) - #10 in the Nation | 1st in the SEC East | SEC Champions

Another 10 win season, 3rd SEC Championship Game appearance, and 2nd SEC Championship in first 5 seasons. Only lost to ranked teams - #16 Florida (DJ Shockley hurt), #15 Auburn (lost on 4th and forever), and #11 West Virginia in the Sugar Bowl.

2006 (9-4) - #23 in the Nation | 4th in the SEC East

Roughest season to date under Mark Richt with a freshman quarterback in Matt Stafford. Lost to two unranked teams - Vandy and Kentucky for the first time in the Richt Era, as well as two ranked teams in Tennessee and Florida. However, the team ended up winning 3 straight games to finish the year and those 3 teams were all ranked - including #5 Auburn at Auburn.

2007 (11-2) - #2 in the Nation | t-1st in the SEC East

Probably the best Georgia team in the Mark Richt era. However, Georgia started a trend in 2007 that would be the calling card of the 2nd 7 years of the Richt era - laying eggs in big games against a South Carolina team that finished 6-6 and a Tennessee team that went 10-4. Still ended with a 6 game winning streak and beat 5 top 25 teams.

2008-2014 (60-28 Overall - 68% Winning Percentage)

Georgia entered 2008 and the start of Richt's second seven seasons as #1 in the nation. However, a demolishing loss to Alabama with the national spotlight on Athens started a downward trend that has yet to be stopped.

2008 (10-3) - #10 in the Nation | 2nd in the SEC East

While Georgia still finished with 10 wins, embarassing losses to Alabama, Florida, and Georgia Tech at home made 2008 a huge disappointment after entering the season with a #1 ranking and flopping on the biggest stages.

2009 (8-5) - Unranked | 2nd in the SEC East

Definitely Mark Richt's most disappointing season to date. Georgia lost to Oklahoma State, LSU, Florida, a 7-6 Tennessee team, and a 7-6 Kentucky team in Athens. The lone ranked victory came against Georgia Tech in Atlanta.

2010 (6-7) - Unranked | 3rd in the SEC East

Mark Richt's first losing season as Georgia's head coach and another unranked season. Started the year 1-5 with the AJ Green Suspension and lost to every ranked team on the schedule. No ranked wins, but did beat Georgia Tech.

2011 (10-4) - #22 in the Nation | 1st in the SEC East

The season that saved Mark Richt's job started with two losses to ranked Boise State and South Carolina, but the Dawgs rattled off 10 straight victories - albiet against pretty crappy teams - and then ended the season with losses in the SEC Championship game to LSU and Michigan State in rough fashion.

2012 (12-2) - #4 in the Nation | 1st in the SEC East

The best Georgia team of the second 7 years. Georgia was "5 yards from playing in the National Championship" but the Dawgs got to Atlanta by beating only 1 ranked team (#3 Florida) and laid an absolute egg on National TV against South Carolina and got drummed 35-7.

2013 (8-5) - Unranked | 3rd in the SEC East

The season of the injury bug that started so promising. However, despite beating 2 ranked teams in South Carolina and LSU, the Dawgs lost to Clemson, Missouri, Vanderbilt, and Nebraska. Not to mention losing a ton of Dawgs that are still hurting.

2014 (6-2) - #17 in the Nation | 2nd in the SEC East

Georgia started the season with an impressive win against Clemson (or an impressive 4th quarter), but has since gone on to lose Todd Gurley to a 4 game suspension as well as a South Carolina with a losing record and a Florida team that was one loss away from firing their head coach. Two opportunities to put away lesser teams and two eggs.

So, there are your facts. Georgia's Mark Richt in his first 7 years won nearly 80% of his games, was tough as hell on the road, only lost to two unranked teams, and was ranked every season.

Since that time, Georgia has not won an SEC Championship, has finished unranked 3 times, and has laid multiple eggs every single season. Even in 2012, in Georgia's "best year" in the past 7, Georgia got flat out embarrassed by South Carolina and run over by Alabama in the SECCG.

Again, it is a totally unfair question to ask the Monday after a big emotional loss - but, can Mark Richt get it done at Georgia? Can he lead Georgia to a National Championship? There is no doubt that he has had a hand in turning this program around. He's made Georgia into one of the best jobs in the nation and will definitely leave the program in better shape than he got it. But, if he had started with these last 7 years, would he have even made it past the first 3? I doubt it.

Mark Richt built up a lot of good will in his first 7 seasons - but, I'd say, after that performance against Florida, that well may be dried up. I love Coach Richt and want him to do well, but I also know Georgia is bigger than one man. Is he the man to lead us into the promise land after nearly 4 decades of waiting? We'll see... but time is running out.

#############################################################

Great job of playing off both sides while making ABSOLUTELY NO point! Like I said earlier, the Protection Crew was deployed immediately...They are a well seasoned group, given the number of annual calls for service!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64229 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Now What?

NC_Dawg wrote: Did they forget to mention what a great guy he was?....

No, but "that's where it gets complicated".

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NC_Dawg, Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds