Forum

Now What?

9 years 5 months ago #64199 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Now What?
I keep thinking about the team standing around waiting on the 1st half to end. They looked pretty helpless standing around out there not knowing what to do.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64200 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Now What?

stevedawg wrote: I keep thinking about the team standing around waiting on the 1st half to end. They looked pretty helpless standing around out there not knowing what to do.

When MR doesn't know what to do, I don't expect the players will either.

They were probably in shock over how badly Richt bungled the clock, and stunned they didn't try to do something before the end of the half to change momentum.

Not surprising he didn't sense the need there as I'm pretty sure he didn't realize he was losing until there was only 7 minutes left.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64202 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Now What?
Beginning to bother me a lot when our head coach gives his post game comments. More and more I notice that those asking the questions appear to be less than enthusiastic to ask the "hard stuff".

Below are two posts that I lifted from another place on the internet.

If this latest FIASCO doesn't make you jump off the Richt band wagon, what will????

I so agree! It was a disappointing game from all aspects! There should have been a coach watching their personnel on the fake field goal because everyone except the coaching staff saw it coming! We always have excellent talent coached to mediocrity!

Dropped to 17th in the AP and the Coaches polls. Talented players that we have and it comes to this. Kentucky is not a cream puff by any stretch of the imagination.

Went back to the vault, could not let this pass. Some of the same things being said now that were said when this article was published. Pulled a couple of things from the article below.

"And then I read this quote, holy cow. Where Mark Richt says I've been freed from some administrative duties to spend more time on football.

I then quote him. He said, 'The moves give him more time to study the game of football and be an expert and be on the cutting edge.'

What has he been doing for 9 years? I've never heard of any college, high school, professional coach that ever said that 'I was not able to spend enough time on football.' I had other issues.

You be the judge whether or not some of our head coaches remarks don't hold water.

danonthestreet.com/news/2011/01/10/fran-...ht-georgia-football/

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64203 by Wartdawg
You're talking abut the guy who as recently as September said in the AJC UGA blog that he is coaching
in college because there are more important things there than winning and losing.

He's a 9-5 working character builder more than a SEC football coach.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
9 years 5 months ago #64204 by Wartdawg
Just a reminder in case anyone forgot...

The team we beat at their place 34-0 went into the swamp on Oct 18th and beat the team that just embarrassed us
by a score of 42-13.

Florida is a bad football team.

Just in case anyone has forgotten this fact.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, gillette, ogredawg

More
9 years 5 months ago #64205 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Now What?
As is my time honored tradition, I took a leave of absence from this board, post FIASCO, to collect my thoughts. Several reoccurring issues haunted me and I will address each in a later post. However, the primary FUBAR, as I see it, is "Collective Acceptance" secondary to "Fear and Manipulation"...Allow me to explain....

As we see in politics, the present is rarely an assimilation of immediate policies and practices, but rather a conglomeration of events and reactions to those events from decades earlier..."Glacial Creep", a phrase often used for governmental reaction is rather appropriate! What we, as fans, are currently experiencing is a direct result of the HUGE mess, one Vince Dooley allowed under his watch. I distinctly recall these events, as they occurred while I was a student,....Jan Kemp, the teacher who blackened the eye of the UGA Program, it's HC and the Institution at large!

The response, not atypical to its political brethren, was to wildly lurch, knee-jerk to the opposing side of the argument, where we've established a pedestal of "Holier Than Thou" from which to govern. Dooley quickly exited, stage left, and the "Embarrassed Institution" began its search for the perfect fit. Goff failed, DoNut failed, then St. Richt emerged and represented the perfect mix of affable personality, solid Christian core and quiet demeanor. "Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!"....

With Richt you get a man that will sit in a recruits living room and project the type of "fatherly" image ANY parent would want for their young man. With Richt you get a man that BELIEVES there is so much more to the game of football than just winning. Richt will foster and guide your child, while keeping strict adherence to the "desires" of the once embarrassed. Those that fail to follow the "Richt Way" are ushered quickly to the stage door, regardless of talent (See Nick Marshall). Now the "Once Embarrassed" have the perfect person to grow the money tree, while stiff arming the potential pitfalls of NCAA sanctions. All St. Richt needed to do, unlike Goff and Donnon, was win...Be successful and do it quickly! This he did!

The early success awoke a fan base thirsty for the excitement not felt since the early 80's. An excited and motivated fan base brings in money,......LOTS of money! How many stadium expansions has Sanford experienced during Richt's tenure? At last count, including the upgraded video boards, its four, with another still on the drawing table to take attendance to nearly 102,000! Coincidence?....No sir! A quick tour of the campus will provide further proof that Football is very profitable...However, the other side of the success coin is fan expectation. How do you keep the fan base energized AND spending in an extremely tough conference like the SEC?

Gee, you don't want to return to those dark days of Goff and Donnon, do you?....Coach Richt is a good and honest man, he runs a clean program, besides, there's more important things in "growing" a young man than winning a football game!....That's fear and manipulation all wrapped into a nice, neat believable package...And you know what?....We buy it! Every freaking year, we buy it!...Thank you sir, more please?...Collective Acceptance!....And for those who recognize and speak up? Hell, they aren't REAL dawg fans!

I found this article last night because I was searching for information on how often a Richt led season has wet the bed. Read it for yourself and see if it doesn't open your eyes just a little more to how quickly we "the fans" have willingly forgiven the cranial flatulence of Coach Richt.....

MASH THIS IF YOU DARE !!!!

I was once a avid and outspoken supporter of CMR. Hell, I was one of probably ONE on this very board that supported CMR's decision to keep Martinez as long as he did! For me, the ship began taking on water after the WV bowl game. I tried to remain loyal, but it just seemed to me that CMR was good for at least one, perhaps more "senior moments" per season. Now, when I look back at the entirety of CMR's history, I shake my head because I was one of those doe-eyed, fearful fanatics, willing writing my check each year and dropping $$$ into the Athens and UGA economy,...until I woke up!...Do I take the red pill, or the blue pill?

Buc, you asked Now What?....My answer is Now, we get what we've been paying for! A good man, a solid Christian leader that will do a great job mentoring young athletes. Mark will run a clean program and provide a vehicle for many young men to take the next step, both in life and career. CMR, will compete and likely win a few more SECE championships. Hell, he may pull a rabbit out of his arse and win the Conference Championship again! However, CMR will likely NEVER win a National Championship, not unless all the stars align and lady luck returns....and that's OK to Mark, the Once Embarrassed and to a very large extent, a fan base that Collectively Accepts 8-4, 9-3 or 10-2, because it could ALWAYS be worse....See Goff and Donnon!

If this is OK with you, then wring out your crying towel and saddle up for a difficult ride ahead! But, hey,...He's a good guy AND did I mention he was a Christian?

DISCLAIMER: I'm a Christian! If you take offense to my reference of CMR and his WELL publicized moral stance, stow it! Like politics, your religious preference has ZERO place in CFB!

I didn't get mad on Saturday, I was embarrassed!...Embarrassed for my Alma Mater, for my football program and for the State they represent....See how that works?...The embarrassment shifted, but the money hasn't and won't unless many more decide to take the RED pill!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, Buc, ogredawg, uga.dawgs, Wartdawg

More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds