Forum

Now What?

9 years 5 months ago #64317 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Now What?
"We just felt overconfident. Instead of focusing and executing our defensive game plan, we were too comfortable. We were overconfident, and we didn't respect our opponent," Bailey said. "I think recent years played a huge part in it as well."

Ramik Wilson had a frank assessment of why Georgia's defense struggled so much, especially against the run, last Saturday.

"We weren't ready to play. We underestimated our opponent, pretty much," Wilson said after Monday's practice. "We weren't ready to play. We didn't execute."

Head coach Mark Richt clearly wasn't happy about those comments. When asked about them during his Tuesday news conference, Richt was curt.

"I think that's why sometimes I don't want anyone to talk to the media," Richt said. "That's what I think. We have a lot of respect for everybody we play."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sounds like someone that has finally been dressed down by those that are on the inside. Time to shut them up . . . . eh Mark Richt.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64318 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Now What?
Going to post this and move on to watching mid term elections.

McGarity comes out in the last couple of days and basically says this . . . .

'We're just about telling the truth here'

Todd Gurley basically "stepped in it" and the coach, athletic director and president were proud of Gurley for telling the truth.

Two regulars on our 2014 football squad step up and tell the truth about preparation and what is said by the head coach? Basically does not want the truth to be told. Keep the muzzles on, don't want any more heat in my direction.

Mark Richt, we have played in the "arena" and we do tell the truth. Keep grabbing that 3 or 4 million a year, and oh yeah, take a second grade test on learning to tell time. Shame on you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64319 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Now What?

Wartdawg wrote: I of course hope we win, but I'm not going to get too upset about it if we don't.

Our season was shot by two inexplicable losses as it always is, so this is just another run
of the mill UGA season.

Winning or losing the game probably means little other than a game in Orlando or a game in Nashville in late December, neither of which excite me very much. I've been to that dance.

or Memphis

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 5 months ago #64320 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Now What?
Eh... maybe Memphis Ogre, but we usually play pretty well after we lose the obligatory two we should have never lost.

Never can tell with this team. We have the talent to beat AwBarn and the coaching to lose to Tech.

Could go either way.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg

More
9 years 5 months ago #64321 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Now What?

Buc wrote:
Two regulars on our 2014 football squad step up and tell the truth about preparation and what is said by the head coach? Basically does not want the truth to be told. Keep the muzzles on, don't want any more heat in my ....

Imagine if we had a coach who would have said "Ramik is 100% correct, and that falls on me as HC to have my team ready to play.
That performance Saturday is all on me".

What would the players think of a coach who said that? They would probably walk through fire for him.

Instead... and don't be mistaken about this... our HC deflected the responsibility away from preparation and readiness (his job), and that puts it right back on the players.

Personally I wish we had the HC that would have taken one for the team right there. I know some other with rings who probably would have.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm

More
9 years 5 months ago #64322 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Now What?
Just have to wonder... What did the coaching staff do different against mizzou vs fla?

Really coached well against mizzou, and then shet the bed a few weeks later. wassup with that?

More
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds