Forum

Now What?

9 years 5 months ago #64323 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Now What?
They coached. Road games are expected to be tough. Richt is incompetent and it shows more and more each day.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64324 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Now What?

Wartdawg wrote:

Buc wrote:
Two regulars on our 2014 football squad step up and tell the truth about preparation and what is said by the head coach? Basically does not want the truth to be told. Keep the muzzles on, don't want any more heat in my ....

Imagine if we had a coach who would have said "Ramik is 100% correct, and that falls on me as HC to have my team ready to play.
That performance Saturday is all on me".

What would the players think of a coach who said that? They would probably walk through fire for him.

Instead... and don't be mistaken about this... our HC deflected the responsibility away from preparation and readiness (his job), and that puts it right back on the players.

Personally I wish we had the HC that would have taken one for the team right there. I know some other with rings who probably would have.

Regardless of thoughts on Pruitt, had the brassies to do just that Wartdawg. Where is Mike Bobo, missing in action? . . . . Too much comfort there also.

Defense and offense will be tested against Kentucky. Many times the 2 star players that are coached up could care less about the media awarded stars.

Or, walkons like the holder in JAX, knew what to do and did it. Coached by a coach that was/is on his way out of Gainesville, Florida. Not a mistake by our head coach, the blame falls on the Special Teams.

Edit: After posting this, took a look/see and found this. Sounds to me that Bobo is not happy with Hutson not throwing the ball. How are the backups coming along Mike? Jay Rome did not make the playing field, eh. Another one of those 5 star athletes that fail to produce in Athens . . . . what?

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #64325 by Buc
Another question.

Notice that we/Georgia have fallen to #20 in the CFB Committee's listings.

Question is this . . . .

When I look over the recruiting efforts in Athens over yea many years, what is going on? Looking at many of the teams that are rated as being better than we are, and . . . . most or many don't have the number of "supposed" star players that we do, year after year. Understand that schedules come into play, but . . . . with our talent, year after year, what prevents us from playing at a much higher level.

Has been said over and over if we were to lose two or three of our coaches we would not be a top rated college football team. Recruiting would go to hell, players would not sign on to play in Athens. That in my mind is "weak" thinking and planning.

I sometimes say that some of our coaching staff is too comfortable. I also believe that far too many that call themselves Georgia backers are also too comfortable. 9/10 win seasons have proven that last statement.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64326 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Now What?
We do less with more. I have a tought maybe it's not that the coaches are comfortable maybe it's that they don't have a set to step out and take chances. I belive that they do a risk/reward assessment and pick the safest one. Why else would HM still be starting or not try to push it down the field before the half or play not to lose instead of pouring it on. In summary our HC coaches scared and that will never get us to where we ought to be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 5 months ago #64328 by Buc
Then this . . . .

Head coach is not allowing Ramik Wilson to be recorded on video since Ramik "spoke the truth". Several other players on video, no Ramik.

Ramik Wilson lead the SEC in tackles in the 2013 Season. Pros like Ramik more than a lot.

Question is, what does this do to Ramik's psyche? Rather than doing what Wartdawg suggested in this thread, this "brainy" head coach, leader of young men, comes out and kicks him in the groin.

Anyone that believes at this point that we (you and I) can expect anything more than what we have seen under this head coach for 14 years, and the next 3 years already on his plate, and who knows after that.

This head coach has had talent galore, year after year and the results of his ineptness caught up with him (again) in JAX. Sad thing . . . . it will happen again, and again, and . . . .

Have read on this board and others that the head coach would be hired tomorrow by another university if he were released. First off, he will not be released, he has a dollar value to the folks that count the money.

My suggestion is that we release the head coach and see what does happen after his departure.

Number 20 rank today, small wonder the head coach is laying the blame elsewhere, like 20 year old players that speak up and tell the truth. Finished with the BS that I am (again) witnessing coming from the 3 to 4 million dollar a year man. Those of you that "love him" continue to do so, but please, don't tell us what a "good man" he is. See it works like this . . . . I see what he did in Ramik's case. Have seen this head coach protect "many" that would have been jailed for "stuff" a lot more serious than Ramik telling the truth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 5 months ago #64329 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Now What?

Buc wrote:
Have read on this board and others that the head coach would be hired tomorrow by another university if he were released.

Great... and then I can add whatever team hires him to my list of teams that will never win a
NC.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds