Forum

Arkansas time to play another complete game

9 years 6 months ago #63603 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Arkansas time to play another complete game
Remembering a quote from when we first played Mizzou about UGA playing "Old Man Football". You ain't seen Old Man Football like we gonna see Saturday!

Like many, very concerned with our DL ability to get off blocks quickly. If we keep them 2nd and 6 or 3rd and 4, we stand good chance. Reason I am concerned is I am still not confident in our DBs. We had 4 int's against Mizzou, BUT 2 bounced off hands of the receivers and they were open ALL DAY. Mauk had horrible day and was pressured. If our DL can't get pressure and their QB has time to throw, along with their running attack .... well could be a long day for Dawgs.

Don't see that happening though. Hoping HM finds JSW a few times. TE needs to be weapon.

Predicting very close game. Something like UGA 30 Arky 28.

Go Dawgs! GATA!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63605 by Buc

wlayton wrote: Think CJP may put a 4th hand in the dirt? May need that extra "big body" in there. Seems at FSU he used both the 3-4 and 4-3 (and variations off them) depending on the offense he was facing and their strengths.

wlayton, think we are going to have 7/8 very "tight" in the box. Would not be surprised to see an extra linebacker, something like a 4/4/3 at certain times in the game. Appears to me that we have some players that can make the opposing quarterback make some very quick decisions. I would like that. Going with your post above (and variations off them)

Could very easily become a chess match, although I don't think that Bielema is built that way. Man on man, time to get it on, he coached that way in the "other conference". Lot has been said, but Bielema now understands why the SEC is what it is. Admire him for wearing the SEC colors and letting it be known that the SEC is "all that".

Really becoming attached to Tim Kimbrough, when he makes a tackle, most of the time, running back wants to know where he is before the next play. Going to be awesome wearing the Red and Black. :)

More
9 years 6 months ago #63610 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Arkansas time to play another complete game
Buc, that Kimbrough is a player......great on ST's as well.

Going to be tough. Our players had better FORGET last week, Arkansas isn't Mizzou. They had better have a mindset of a warrior for this game.......with your chinstrap fastened extremely tight.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #63611 by Buc
wlayton, good that you mention Special Teams . . . . unless we totally lose it, they have changed the way football is played and "should" be played by our team. Good post, really like what I see coming from every part of our team. When we bring in one of the top running backs in the country and he is doing his "stuff" on Specal Teams, we have to know that the coaching has changed. Ekeler is "all that". Know there are two Special Team coaches, but Ekeler is "all that".

This just hit the wires, might be interested . . . .

sports.yahoo.com/news/slive-retire-sec-c...85346903--ncaaf.html

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63612 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Arkansas time to play another complete game
Sterling Bailey said the team was juiced up and ready to play the coaches was bringing it an Gurley was getting everybody FIRED UP.

Give 3!!!

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63614 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Arkansas time to play another complete game
J.J.Green moved back to tailback.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!