Forum

Arkansas time to play another complete game

9 years 6 months ago #63584 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Arkansas time to play another complete game
Arkansas is pretty good and they score a lot of points. UGA is pretty good and they give up a lot of points.

I'm predicting a 38-28 UGA win. I did predict they would beat mizzou. Of course i also predicted tam would win the west. :lol:

TG getting busted was tough, but life goes on. Ill bet a couple of running backs that were not going to see any action were neither happy nor sad.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63585 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Arkansas time to play another complete game
I wouldn't say that Arkansas cannot throw the football. Allen was 21/40 for 246 yards and threw the ball around pretty well against the Tide. He exploited their zone some over the middle during that game also... 12 passing first downs of the 18 they got...all the while getting sacked 4 times and hurried on numerous occasions...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #63586 by Buc
scooby, this is another one of those games that make me uncomfortable.

Had posted in another thread that the left side of the offensive line gives me cause to pause. Does.

Would be surprised if the number of points that you mention actually happen. Then again, in games like this one where defenses are one thing and offenses are another, never can get a grip on what might happen.

Even though Arkansas lost to Alabama, and I don't subscribe to the theory that playing close to Saban's forces will have the Razorbacks primed for Georgia. This will be a game that will also let both sides know more about their team. Said that prior to the Missouri game, one thing that I did find out in that game . . . . I don't have a CLUE.

Going with BullDawg2010 . . . . might be the kicking game. Thinking along the lines of years past. The team that controlled field position would usually win the game. Believe field position to be a major factor in this game.

Allow me this . . . . this is the kind of game that Isaiah McKenzie will make us real happy or we will be all over his butt. He is a gamer, and he has been known to make folks "hold their breath". Young pup plays to win. Don't harness him, time for Georgia to take "steps" in another direction, a direction that allows talent to be more than a "safe call".

If we get through Little Rock with a win, few injuries, we could have some fun in 2014. :)

More
9 years 6 months ago #63587 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Arkansas time to play another complete game
Buc, I saw UGA play Ark in person on new years day in 1976. Was a long ride home.

Cant give any analytical reason, but i still think uga is going to win out the regular season. Just think its their year to get the breaks. Didnt see any of the mizzo game, but they must have played well.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63588 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Arkansas time to play another complete game
UGA. Mizzou game was a confidence buillder for our young D. We are seeing what we are not use to actual improvement as the season goes on. Would like to see a QB change but that's not going to happen so we're saddled with dink and dunk passing to go along with our running game which will work as long as we stay ahead of the chains. O line needs to keep the pressure off of HM he doesn't handle it well. I belive it will be a hard fought game and we edge them at the end.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63589 by Buc
DAWGtm, big game of course for both teams. Keeps us in the race for Atlanta. Arkansas wins will move their program forward, no doubt. Not that long ago, both Mississippi teams were so/so but they were building under their new head coaches at that point. Have a feeling that we are witnessing the same going on under Bielema.

Really goes to show just how many good coaches and players there are. College football has definitely changed and some of the higher ups are beginning to feel the pinch. Young men today want playing time right away, much easier than before when the NFL was not as open to player movement.

Will be interesting to see where some of these uncommitted high school players end up. Much talent still out there for many or most of the SEC schools to pursue. Should see some movement soon from several highly ranked players, comes a time when the coaches have to make decisions regardless of who they might want and might/might not get. Beginning to think that we might see more young men "switch" choices this season, as compared to previous years. Early playing time carries a lot of weight when it comes to decision making. Recruiters know that.

More
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds