Forum

Arkansas time to play another complete game

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63576 by Buc
Looking over the last half dozen posts, really like reading what I believe to be "real football talk".

Often some step forward and give "their opinion" and it seems to "bother" some that this kind of discussion is possible. It is not only possible, it is in my opinion needed.

Some think this is the wrong approach, especially coming off of a win against Missouri. What I read is a group that only wants more. 2014 College Football will soon come to a close, and I don't want to end up with another 8 or 9 win season to follow me through the Winter months. Especially when I think I see talent that could or should be used at certain points. As DAWGtm said, what prevents us from running the "Wild Dawg" with a quarterback that can toss the football as well as run over folks, when necessary.

Think about this, and I know you guys have. If Todd Gurley was still allowed to play, just how many times do any of us think he would pass the ball like he did against Vandy when taking the direct snap. Does that not apply to Nick Chubb? Sony Michel? Is a run not expected 99% of the time by a running back taking the direct snap? Sorry, I call that "cute" even though Gurley's pass did cover 50 yards. Guess I just do not have the background to question what I have seen more than once in the 2014 Season.

Edit: DAWGtm, your post #18 took the words out of my mouth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63578 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Arkansas time to play another complete game
Looks Like Marshall will be back for this game .

Sure hope he gets back to the KM of old .

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #63580 by Buc
One more thingy about the quarterbacking position for Georgia.

Hutson Mason's average pass completion gain yardage wise was 5.6 yards. Ok, we won, that is a very good thing. What does that say about getting the ball to Malcolm Mitchell and Justin Scott-Wesley in the future? Mitchell was active and on the field against Missouri, guess Arkansas has a good grip on what we can and can not do Saturday.

Is the above being ugly? It is if you have a closed mind, or think that Arkansas has not looked at every inch of Georgia play calling in the 2014 Season. This might be "ugly" . . . . anyone could go back several years and watch Georgia film and come away with the same game plan for 2014. I know, truth hurts, sometimes we have to admit that all is not as it seems, both up and down.

Edit: Allow me this. Plucked this from Bleacher Report after posting the above, I read much. Totally agree that we had better understand gap integrity. Also want to say this, have not prior to this post . . . . Toby Johnson has become a "leader", that was needed by our defense. You agree? Toby stepped up and he will do the same against Arkansas. Toby is now ready to play SEC Football, Rocker knows that. Toby Johnson has become a "bad a$$". Toby is well and is on a mission. Arkansas center cannot handle Toby by himself. Load that damn box.

Time for Georgia to "load the box" and make Bielema's team pass. Might be that our defense has "stepped up" and are ready to "show cause". We do have db's that have good hands. Again, load the box, Bielema will play "grown man football".

Georgia's front seven will need to remain disciplined in their pursuits in order to slow down the likes of Alex Collins and Jonathan Williams. A failure to maintain gap integrity or over-pursuit will expose cut-back lanes and put the defense in poor position to make a play.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63581 by Buc

Dawg With Style wrote: Looks Like Marshall will be back for this game .

Sure hope he gets back to the KM of old .

DWS, would love to see Marshall getting it done again. This young man has been banged up enough to make him "flinch". Not saying that he does, but would like to see Marshall lined up with "others" in the "Wild Dawg" and being able to use his "speed" rather than putting his headgear into the line.

Question. How can Auburn run the "Wild" with their talent and we cannot? To me, another case of not understanding the "talent base" by our coaches on the offense. They have "dropped" some of their "pride" running the "Wild Dawg" on occasion. That however does not impress me, why . . . . they believe in the pro style offense. Makes me wonder why they even mess with the "Wild Dawg", what about you guys?

If we had a strong armed, play book ready quarterback, maybe with wheels, then it is understandable with talent like Malcolm Mitchell and Justin Scott-Wesley and Todd Gurley, and Nick Chubb and Sony Michel and Isaiah McKenzie and Brendan Douglas and Quayvon Hicks and Keith Marshall and others, what the hell, could do anything.

Seems that Mississippi State has a quarterback that works from the pro style offense that has "wheels" and uses them. Not restricted by the coaching staff from running the football when the offense "breaks down". Anyone remember the guide line that AM had to follow when he took over the quarterbacking job?

Come on guys, couple of "hard heads" that are "slowly" relenting on the offensive play calling.

Still believe that Mississippi State will lose their head coach to Florida. If not him, it will be someone that will turn that program around. It is being said to "certain recruits" that are being offered by the gators that Muschamp will be their head coach. AD Foley has not a problem removing head coaches. Foley is becoming more of the focus now than Muschamp, those that put their butts in the seats, NOT HAPPY. God, I love it. :laugh:

Let's give this a shot . . . .

Pick a winner between Georgia and Arkansas. Want me to start? OK.

We will win because Pruitt/Rocker and Company will load the box and will not allow Arkansas to beat the two deep defensive front seven that we have. Make them throw the football. Same way that those that play us do, knowing we have problems throwing the football. GAP CONTROL.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63582 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Arkansas time to play another complete game
Buc my friend we will win because we are Georgia an we are finally a team. ;)

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
9 years 6 months ago #63583 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Arkansas time to play another complete game
We have no rear view mirrors on this truck....foward is what we know best

MM will be used....and score...was one man away from taking it to the house Saturday

His words I had more screens in this one game than in any one season

Yards after catch.....and...ground and pound the ball. We can and will get it done

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds