Forum

Arkansas time to play another complete game

9 years 6 months ago #63570 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Arkansas time to play another complete game
Gotta be honest with y'all,....I've yet to see anything from Ramsey to get excited over. Of course, The Dynamic Duo on O don't much believe in giving either of the back-ups much real PT....so my opinion is limited to what little he's played. He does seem to have a cannon, so maybe mop up time and a lot of play book study will help.

As far a Bauta goes,......DAMN sad story, IMVHO! Why waste the scholly on someone who "may" possess the skill set you NEVER intend to deploy?...I got no inside intel, perhaps there are "issues" that we non-arena types aren't privy to....It's a head scratcher....If HM is the best we got, someone needs to break their shoe off in Gilligan's southern exposure for piss poor planning in the wake of AM's departure.....You just don't get anymore advance notice than what AM gave us!

One final thought, and I'm certain this has either been expressed, or silently thought,.....the Dynamic Duo on O are supposed to be without reproach on recruiting and building QB's......So,......WTH??????

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!

#FREEGURLEY

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63571 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Arkansas time to play another complete game
Since it looks like we have inserted the wild DAWG into the game plan. Why would you not want FB running it. IMHO we would increase our success rate dramatically, he is much tougher, more mobile and his arm is as good if not better than HM. Just don't understand.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63572 by Buc

Wartdawg wrote:

Buc wrote: My opinion, Faton Bauta was lied to. Starting decisions are made at the top. Take from that whatever anyone that reads this wants to believe.

Lots of stories about Mike Bobo when he was the quarterback in Athens. Liked to run around town with a certain group of "big boys" and act as if he was a "big boy". Helps when your father is a successful high school football coach in South Georgia. My opinion, good ole boys sticking together. Leave it at that.

I hate to say it, but I agree.... I think he was recruited to keep him from going elsewhere and was never given a fair shot.

Wartdawg, fully convinced now that the season has started.

Heaven forbid we would recruit a young players sister to Georgia without thoughts of that aiding in the brother signing on also. Nothing that others have not done and still do.

Would love to see this little trial on the turf. Line Mason, Ramsey and Bauta up and lets see just how far the football can be thrown. Also, run a forty yard dash. Speaking again about tossing the football, see which quarterback can throw the football on a line for x amount of yards. Maybe some of the old Oklahoma Drills of running the football into a couple of defensive linemen, much like the running backs do. Next, lets go through the playbook and see who knows what.

Faton Bauta given a fair shot, guess it is gauged on who sets the rules for fair shots.

Say this, from what I have seen thus far, if we are not able to get the ball "far" downfield to a receiver like Mitchell, going to be a long day in Arkansas. Ball downfield with a little less "loft". I sincerely hope that we win, I am having serious concerns about our chances. Anyone think that we have a 50/50 chance? If so, based on what, running game? Have not said that we won't win, have said that I am deeply concerned whether or not we will win.

Over the years, Arkansas has always been a tough game for Georgia. Need a good weeks practice, have some traveling and getting settled in to do.

Go Dawgs . . . . A win against Arkansas on the road, HUGE.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63573 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic Arkansas time to play another complete game
Yes I'm referring to what we did at Missouri, but offensively I believe we should line up and run the ball. Dare them to stop us.

I also believe at this point we are better than Bama, and we will have more success than they did running the ball. Bama is in a rebuilding year, plus the kiffin curse is in full swing over there B) .

And Buc, believe you are right might just come down to kicking field goals, both defenses are have good run defense, both have secondary's with questions, but both have qbs that haven't really shown anything either. If our secondary plays Arkansas like they did Missouri, we will be fine I thinks.

I would rather this not be the game Bobo decides to throw it deep, and we sit there and start having 3 and outs constantly. We all know HM will not get benched, not in Richt's blood to bench someone who has waited their turn. We are a power running team, it is what it is.

Like I said, line them up and see who stops who.
I like our chances better than I like theirs

More
9 years 6 months ago #63574 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Arkansas time to play another complete game

DAWGtm wrote: Since it looks like we have inserted the wild DAWG into the game plan. Why would you not want FB running it. IMHO we would increase our success rate dramatically, he is much tougher, more mobile and his arm is as good if not better than HM. Just don't understand.

Guess when they run the WildDawg, they plan on just that....running it, not passing it. So who's a better runner, FB or TG/NC?

Imo, if they run the WildDawg they should throw it as well like AU to make it more effective. They are simply adding a new running play with the WildDawg....they haven't expanded it and probably won't. Just a "changeup" from their Pro Style offense. At least with FB in there the pass is a threat.....so...it's just another running play for us.

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 6 months ago #63575 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Arkansas time to play another complete game

wlayton wrote:

DAWGtm wrote: Since it looks like we have inserted the wild DAWG into the game plan. Why would you not want FB running it. IMHO we would increase our success rate dramatically, he is much tougher, more mobile and his arm is as good if not better than HM. Just don't understand.

Guess when they run the WildDawg, they plan on just that....running it, not passing it. So who's a better runner, FB or TG/NC?

Imo, if they run the WildDawg they should throw it as well like AU to make it more effective. They are simply adding a new running play with the WildDawg....they haven't expanded it and probably won't. Just a "changeup" from their Pro Style offense. At least with FB in there the pass is a threat.....so...it's just another running play for us.

Yep us and the opposing D knows it will be a running play. Our one time fooling them with a pass has been used up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds