Forum

Arkansas time to play another complete game

9 years 5 months ago #63778 by Buc

stevedawg wrote: Ironically the title of this thread "time to play another complete game" was not what happened. Just sayin.

Steve, good point. I think that we have a couple of games approaching that will need us to play a "complete game", otherwise, there could be another "uprising" from the Bulldog faithful.

Media will be "all over" this particular game (Auburn). Auburn has to face Alabama after leaving Athens. Would like nothing better than to send Gus Malzahn back to the Plains knowing he has the Iron Bowl facing him.

There is not a doubt in my mind that we are "looking forward" . . . . maybe conservatively . . . . prior to the Auburn game. Yes, I know that we need to focus on the next game, "Florida". We are better equipped at this point in time to "handle" the remains of the gator 2014 Season. Pruitt/Rocker and Company want to face off with Auburn.

Allow me this . . . . Just like Arkansas needs to win a game in the SEC to move forward in our conference, we need to beat Auburn in Athens to move "our program forward". Many on this board and others were not around for the 1969 Georgia/Auburn game. Several in my group were sitting in Sanford Stadium that day, the memory has remained with me for 45 years. We beat Auburn this year, recruiting and many other "positives" will find their way to Athens.

One more thing that two coaches will be concerning themselves with on opposite sidelines. Rocker and Garner. Think about that, I have.

Short clip on the 1969 game. Sullivan and Beasley. Auburn scored sixteen points that day, we were still in the three yards and a cloud of dust. Truth.

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds