Forum

Arkansas time to play another complete game

9 years 6 months ago #63621 by Buc

Dawg With Style wrote: Sterling Bailey said the team was juiced up and ready to play the coaches was bringing it an Gurley was getting everybody FIRED UP.

Give 3!!!

DWS, regardless of what any of us think about the Todd Gurley "mess" . . . . he is showing me that he cares about his teammates and Georgia. Young man appears he was not "mature" enough to handle some "things" outside of playing football. I hate it, but guarantee this . . . . Todd Gurley practicing, being as much a part of the team as rules allow, goes a long way with me, and I guarantee the NFL scouts follow closely the way young players act after various infractions.

Yes, wish he had not done the thing(s) he did, seems a bit selfish from some of the reports and posts that I have read. Old fart like me, know that my early years were not "spotless" and have a feeling that some on this board and others can say the same. This could be the moment in time that Todd Gurley "matures". I do know that he has given me and more folks than I can count some lasting memories and stories I will pass on down the road.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, NC_Dawg, gillette, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63622 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Arkansas time to play another complete game

Buc wrote: ...regardless of what any of us think about the Todd Gurley "mess" . . . . he is showing me that he cares about his teammates and Georgia. Young man appears he was not "mature" enough to handle some "things" outside of playing football. I hate it, but guarantee this . . . . Todd Gurley practicing, being as much a part of the team as rules allow, goes a long way with me, and I guarantee the NFL scouts follow closely the way young players act after various infractions.

Yes, wish he had not done the thing(s) he did, seems a bit selfish from some of the reports and posts that I have read. Old fart like me, know that my early years were not "spotless" and have a feeling that some on this board and others can say the same. This could be the moment in time that Todd Gurley "matures". I do know that he has given me and more folks than I can count some lasting memories and stories I will pass on down the road.

AMEN !!! Preach brother Buc!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
9 years 6 months ago #63623 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Arkansas time to play another complete game

Buc wrote:

Dawg With Style wrote: Sterling Bailey said the team was juiced up and ready to play the coaches was bringing it an Gurley was getting everybody FIRED UP.

Give 3!!!

DWS, regardless of what any of us think about the Todd Gurley "mess" . . . . he is showing me that he cares about his teammates and Georgia. Young man appears he was not "mature" enough to handle some "things" outside of playing football. I hate it, but guarantee this . . . . Todd Gurley practicing, being as much a part of the team as rules allow, goes a long way with me, and I guarantee the NFL scouts follow closely the way young players act after various infractions.

Some people might not like what I am about to say... still needs to be said.

Eh... I'm torn here.

Seriously torn.

Like the rules or not...

He knew the rules. That stuff is drilled into these kids from day 1, and he selfishly chose to violate those rules and put the fate of the team and all of his teammates in jeopardy. (if what we think is true)

I think had he not been a dominating Heisman candidate caliber player, then the tune might change.

I'm proud of him for being a great cheerleader after he got caught, but I'm still pretty disappointed in him even if I think the rules are horrible.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawgDoc, wlayton, Buc, gillette

More
9 years 6 months ago #63624 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Arkansas time to play another complete game
Big time players make big time plays when the pressure is on. This is a time for a bunch of DAWGS to step up and prove they belong in that category. HM needs to find that version of himself from the second half of last year's GT game. IM needs some big returns without losing the ball. Morgan needs to connect on every field goal chance. We need a receiver to step up and make tough catches in traffic. Our front seven needs to live up to their preseason billing.

If our guys step up and make plays, they will be fine. Same is true of AK. I'm hoping part of what we saw last week was more a measure of 'bama than of the hogs. Find out Saturday. GO DAWGS.

More
9 years 6 months ago #63625 by Buc
Cannot and will not defend what Gurley did, HE WAS WRONG! Agree whole heartedly that he knew what he was doing. Too close to the time that AJ Green got spanked.

Sometimes when I read and see these things that cause all of us to be shall I say "bothered" . . . . bothers the heck out of me. Do know this, just like the AJ Green jersey signing, AJ went on to be one of the best receivers in the NFL currently. Same will be the case with Todd Gurley.

Where I have a problem, goes something like this. Jameis Winston in Tallahassee. BB guns, crab legs, rape(?) foul language and what do we see . . . . Jimbo Fisher and apparently Florida State University doing this . . . .

Attachment SeeNoEvilSpeakNoEvilHearNoEvil.jpg not found

Over the years, one team that I have no love for . . . . Notre Dame. Currently ranked at #5, some of that in my mind is because those North of the Mason/Dixon want someone, anyone in the final four . . . . M&M, can fool some of the people some of the time, can't fool all of the people all of the time.

As far as I know, there is no comparison that can be drawn between Jameis Winston and Todd Gurley as young men on campus. Of course outside decisions, both messy uppy.

An athlete that I believe to be the best "I" have ever watched in sports had this to say . . . .

If you can get the audio, good, if not a short shot at what Bo Jackson had to say.

www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on...-changes-in-his-life
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, gillette, AllDawgs5

More
9 years 6 months ago #63626 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Arkansas time to play another complete game
Buc I will always be a Gurley fan just like JJ-29 I LIKE what Bo said about he could not say everything that he told the screw up.

I believe Gurley was entice or entrapment as the police say I know wrong is wrong but Gurley is still one DGD.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Dawg With Style's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds