Forum

Another Question Concerning Our Leadership . . . .

9 years 7 months ago #62621 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic Another Question Concerning Our Leadership . . . .

ogredawg wrote: 2 years ago it was said we were 5 yards from the NC when in reality we were 350 yards away when the Tide RB's cleaned our D's clock in the SEC Championship. 150 of those yards in the 4th qtr when they just ran our D into the ground and the cry went up wait until next year. So next year came and went and we could not even win the East or should I say back into the SEC East title like we did the year before because that same year that the Tide ran roughshod over our D the old ball sack put up 35 points and almost shut us out. Now we are back where we were 2 years ago with a loss to Carolina and hoping we can back into another SEC East title.

I am tired of having to "back" into any type of title. It is way past time for us to make our own destiny and win something outright for ourselves and not have "help" in doing it. The media will be saying just that "hoping" we can beat Aubuurn and Mizzou which I seriously doubt that we can do, and Carolina losing to another team. It is time for it to stop and stop now.

I said when Pruitt came on board we should of changed the rest of the coaching staff from the head down and I stand by that statement today.

I agree I am a little harsh on Pruitt but I am sick and tired of the way we are playing football on BOTH sides of the ball. Wait for Pruitt to "get" his guys is just another excuse as to why his D is not playing well. Get a clue HE HAS WON WITH OTHER COACHES PLAYERS why can he not do the same at UGA. There is a young man by the name of Malkolm Parish who has yet to see the field, yet we have upper classmen getting continually beat and as some say wait on Pruitt's guys yet Pruitt's guys sit. We have the best front seven in the SEC or so I and many others have said yet they did absolutely nothing last night.

Bobo has no clue now that AM is gone. I said we lost our coach on the field and AM would not be around to make Bobo look good anymore, and last night proved my point. Granted Rome caught a short TD pass but it was on THIRD down not First down. I have no doubt in my mind with it 1st down and goal from the 4 that AM would of checked off that stoopid play and handed the ball to #3. No doubt what so ever.

Final thing I will say is CMR and CMB need to move on to greener pastures. Their time at UGA is done. Recruiting will not suffer one bit, we will lose some but you play for GEORGIA the TEAM because you want to be a DAWG no matter who the HC is. Done beating this dead horse and most will continue to make excuses as to why we are a mediocre 2nd tier SEC team, and be happy as long as the money keeps rolling in and we can make it to one of the Orlando, Tampa or Jax bowls every year.

Do I sound bitter....why yes because I am bitter about this loss that should not have happened with the talent we have on this team.

This x100,000

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62622 by Wartdawg
I'm going to say one more thing before I let this go...

UGA's fans are amazing.... they go from thinking we will win it all to thinking we will lose 4 more games at the drop of a hat.

Take heart.... this is still an uber-talented team that could easily back it's way into the SEC CHAMPIONSHIP game again.
(Of course though.... if we do, our coaches will wet the bed again and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory)

That being said... we can still beat Mizzou, and Auburn and have a really great season. Did any of you really think a MR team would go undefeated? I doubt it, so there is the loss most of us knew was going to happen sometime. I'm not jumping ship all the way to where I think we can't beat all the remaining games on our schedule until we get run over in the SEC championship game.

This was one game... in a hostile environment against a coach that just owns MR and can find a way to beat him no matter the overall relative strength of the teams. So take heart.... we can easily when 10 games in a row before we choke again, and I don't know very few who predicted an undefeated season for us anyway.

If you feel a sarcastic tone to my post.... I guess I did it right.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
9 years 7 months ago #62624 by wlayton

Wartdawg wrote: I'm going to say one more thing before I let this go...

UGA's fans are amazing.... they go from thinking we will win it all to thinking we will lose 4 more games at the drop of a hat.

Take heart.... this is still an uber-talented team that could easily back it's way into the SEC CHAMPIONSHIP game again.
(Of course though.... if we do, our coaches will wet the bed again and snatch defeat from the jaws of victory)

That being said... we can still beat Mizzou, and Auburn and have a really great season. Did any of you really think a MR team would go undefeated? I doubt it, so there is the loss most of us knew was going to happen sometime. I'm not jumping ship all the way to where I think we can't beat all the remaining games on our schedule until we get run over in the SEC championship game.

This was one game... in a hostile environment against a coach that just owns MR and can find a way to beat him no matter the overall relative strength of the teams. So take heart.... we can easily when 10 games in a row before we choke again, and I don't know very few who predicted an undefeated season for us anyway.

If you feel a sarcastic tone to my post.... I guess I did it right.

Agree WD....they can certainly get to Atlanta, but the D secondary had better get a clue what to do or MIZZOU will light them up as well as AU.....

Also questioned in my mind a few months ago about Pruitt getting the D front to lose weight....I know, I know it was to get them faster and in better shape but you can do both while still maintaining weight. They were TOTALLY whipped Sat night by that BIG OL of USC's.....wasn't even a contest. Imo, in the SEC you had better be pretty stout up front. This isn't the ACC.....Bama and AU's OL will do the same thing to our smaller, quicker and in great shape DL/LB's... :whistle:

PVBDAWG

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62625 by ogredawg

Wartdawg wrote: I'll just say again... no matter how good our O is, there comes a time in this big games when someone blinks, and it's usually us. In a big game at the most crucial moment, our coaches will wet the bed. They did it with playcalling with the ball 1st and goal, and MR did it after with clock management. As irrelevant as it might have been last night... just shows you the man can't make it through a night without having brain flatulence.

Pruitt... yeah the D sucked too, but he's not just trying to win with another mans players.... he's trying to win with another man's 2nd teamers in the secondary. Still... no excuse. Our "strength" was supposed to be our front 7... our strength was supposed to be our conditioning.... those guys got trucked.

I still think though the D gets better as the year goes.

Explain "second teamers" in the secondary. Why make an excuse as to why others are not playing. They are in Pruitts mind good enough to be on the field so calling them a "second teamer" is just making an excuse for poor performance and coaching...the excuses have to stop sometime...

thecountrynation.com

More
9 years 7 months ago #62626 by Wartdawg
I do feel though that we have to give Pruitt a chance. People who are ready now to say he and his ways are a bust are way off base and quite unfair about the situation.

I've just had it in general, and I'm going to point my finger at the chief.

Spurrier said all SEC games are big wins, but some SEC wins are bigger than others. I doubt MR feels the same way and that's why he gets his butt handed to him by SS almost every year. I guarantee you MR looked at the success of the team against Clemson and went into this game thinking if we just go out and do the same thing we did to prepare for them then we will be fine.

Trouble is college football is a bit unique.... rivals often rise up and emotion makes a difference, equalizing teams that may not be equal. In short, it's my opinion why every year we will lose a game just because they other team wanted it more than we did. If it's not for wanting it more, it will be because of the periodic brain fart he and his protege' have....
always at a crucial moment.

People want to talk about the D, and I get it. I will say though if anyone expects that when you score 35 you will win, then they should also expect something else: They should expect that when the D hands the offense 1st an goal on the 4, late in game... down by only 3... that offense should be able to at least tie the game. Really what should be expected with the best RB in the nation is that they punch it in and take the lead. That's an expectation that
should also be had by everyone.

"Finish the drill" my arse. Just meaningless words. I don't want to hear those words any more from MR until he actually does it.

How about "spit the bit" instead for now?

Sick of it. I honestly think MR has probably had the best team in the nation 4 times over his tenure, and has found a way to choke it away each and every time. Give some other head coaches
a Todd Gurley and they would have road him to two NC's before he checks out for the NFL. There is no amount of talent you can give MR et al and have them not piss the chance away. Moreno, AJ, Stafford, Gurley, David Pollack, Geno Atkins...NFL talent galore.. it don't matter to a
team with MR at it's helm.

Eventually that ship will most probably find a way to run aground.

They'll do everything right for 57 minutes, screw it up with a brain fart in the other 3 and then think the 57 minutes of doing what is expected out of you makes up for the 3 minutes where the bafoonery actually costs you the game. It's like listening to Captain Smith of the Titanic excuse running into the iceberg because he hadn't hit anything else since he left Southampton England. Hey Captain Smith... none of it matters if you don't "finish the drill"

Okay.... maybe that got it all off my chest...not quite sure yet, lol

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, bulldawg36869, DAWGtm, growl, dawgs_fans_dad

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #62627 by Wartdawg
All of the starters left and followed Toddy to Louisville.

They are on the field because they are the best we have available. Pruitt didn't recruit most of them on the field right now in 2014.

I'm just past blaming our D coordinator. It's beyond that point, and we all know the problem starts higher up the chain.

You know it as well... your avatar shows that.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

The following user(s) said Thank You: ogredawg, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds